Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (43 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Science: Lock everything down, quarantine everybody

Trump: We are gonna be open for business very soon because the stock market needs to go up, so I can get re-elected.

The might of the American Industrial Complex will prove just too much for any virus ... In the meantime, mighty America is waiting on a Swiss company to make essential tests for us, because without those tests, our response to the pandemic is as chaotic as chasing a black cat in a dark room.

This is how inadequate America's response and readiness is - our hospital workers are being asked to re-use medical gloves ... medical gloves ... these are basic medical supplies, not some high-tech test or apparatus, let alone a cure. Gov Cuomo said today that New York hospitals have about a week's worth of such supplies left, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

He's really going to ignore health professionals and end the lock downs?
Well, the only rational person left in the entire administration, Dr. Fauci, was absent from today's press conference. Probably punishment for calling Trump out on his BS.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@Post Ironic the situation doesn't seem too bad in Canada. Or is that they're not testing enough? How are they handling it over there?
It’s not all that bad here yet. I believe we have 2000 positive cases and have done around 100,000 tests now. So we’ve done quite a few tests given our population and have managed to keep it from leaping into out-of-control growth thus far with basic measures like closing gyms, restaurants, clubs, music venues, etc, allowing basically anyone who wants to stay away from work and isolate to do so and immediately be paid unemployment during this, and asking for people to maintain social distancing. I believe Ontario just shut down all non-essential businesses today. Not sure if BC has mandated this yet. I believe it hasn’t aside from maybe in Van

However, a lot of people are acting like this a big fat nothing burger, and treating being off work like a holiday. In Vancouver parks and beaches were jam-packed over the weekend which is unfortunate because if this does catch hold, we’ll be in for trouble just like everywhere else. Politicians saying today that if people won’t voluntarily take these measures seriously, the police will start handing out fines and enforcing them.

Another danger is the border with the US, even though we have it closed to all non-essential traffic, that’s pretty broad and still allows a lot of crossings and with the US looking set to become the worst hit country in the world soon, it’s a little worrying that this could jump right across the border regardless.

Last edited:

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Saw a heartbreaking post on twitter about an Italian priest's sacrifice, but after reading one of the replies, I can't wait to fly to Mars on a one way trip.

- - - Updated - - -

Science: Lock everything down, quarantine everybody

Trump: We are gonna be open for business very soon because the stock market needs to go up, so I can get re-elected.

The might of the American Industrial Complex will prove just too much for any virus ... In the meantime, mighty America is waiting on a Swiss company to make essential tests for us, because without those tests, our response to the pandemic is as chaotic as chasing a black cat in a dark room.

This is how inadequate America's response and readiness is - our hospital workers are being asked to re-use medical gloves ... medical gloves ... these are basic medical supplies, not some high-tech test or apparatus, let alone a cure. Gov Cuomo said today that New York hospitals have about a week's worth of such supplies left, that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the only rational person left in the entire administration, Dr. Fauci, was absent from today's press conference. Probably punishment for calling Trump out on his BS.
He and his moronic supporters are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet. Sadly, he isn't the only one. There are plenty like him; Bolsonaro, Duterte, etc.
It's a shame the whole planet is suffering because of these retards.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
It’s not all that bad here yet. I believe we have 2000 positive cases and have done around 100,000 tests now. So we’ve done quite a few tests given our population and have managed to keep it from leaping into out-of-control growth thus far with basic measures like closing gyms, restaurants, clubs, music venues, etc, allowing basically anyone who wants to stay away from work and isolate to do so and immediately be paid unemployment during this, and asking for people to maintain social distancing. I believe Ontario just shut down all non-essential businesses today. Not sure if BC has mandated this yet. I believe it hasn’t aside from maybe in Van

However, a lot of people are acting like this a big fat nothing burger, and treating being off work like a holiday. In Vancouver parks and beaches were jam-packed over the weekend which is unfortunate because if this does catch hold, we’ll be in for trouble just like everywhere else. Politicians saying today that if people won’t voluntarily take these measures seriously, the police will start handing out fines and enforcing them.

Another danger is the border with the US, even though we have it closed to all non-essential traffic, that’s pretty broad and still allows a lot of crossings and with the US looking set to become the worst hit country in the world soon, it’s a little worrying that this could jump right across the border regardless.
Thanks for the info. I'm trying to guesstimate when your borders will be open again :D

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,951
    So this random twitter guy read the entire 1119 pages of the house bill to report what nobody else, even Fox News, reports? gotcha!
    Read it for yourself. Sorry for injecting something that doesn't align with what you hear on CNN all day long. Both parties use the same tactics.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6817441/House-Democrats-Counterproposal-For-Stimulus.pdf

A single twitter account pushing republican propaganda drivel - that's right up Andy's alley.
    Republican, Democrat, all the same to me. Plenty of retards just like you in both of 'em.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    And even after 4 years, you still just reek of being a loser.
    You think of yourself as a winner because Trump is in the WH? Are you a corporate CEO or a billionaire? No, bud, you are just another looser living an illusion.
    Take a look at your portfolio, that should give you a reality check.
    And don't worry about Trump, he bought himself time by classifying the pandemic response briefings and dumped his useless stock. And that's thanks to "winners" like you.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,958
    You think of yourself as a winner because Trump is in the WH? Are you a corporate CEO or a billionaire? No, bud, you are just another looser living an illusion.
    Take a look at your portfolio, that should give you a reality check.
    And don't worry about Trump, he bought himself time by classifying the pandemic response briefings and dumped his useless stock. And that's thanks to "winners" like you.
    Ah, there we go. Seems like I touched a nerve. You really are still super upset over the last election.

Well don’t worry, big boy. Big daddy Trump is going to send you your own personal bailout of $1000. So show some respect and gratitude!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)