Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (16 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Does this virus fly? How the fuck it is not slowing down in Italy?
In other news millions of Iranians ignored the state’s warning, and decided to travel for Nowruz holidays anyway. 1.1m cars have been detected leaving various cities.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's what I don't understand either.
They may have been too slow to implement measures (like most other countries), but by now these measures have been in effect for quite some time. And yet the situation doesn't seem to improve at all.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
In other news millions of Iranians ignored the state’s warning, and decided to travel for Nowruz holidays anyway. 1.1m cars have been detected leaving various cities.
Today I heard some Chinese who works for a red cross in Italy, he said he was left in shock when he saw so many people walking outside in Milano while almost nobody even wore a mask.

So yeah, I think it's the discipline. In China you had A TOTAL shutdown where nobody left the house for 40-50 days, bar going to the shop, literally. In Italy that was not the case and it's still not the case apparently.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Today I heard some Chinese who works for a red cross in Italy, he said he was left in shock when he saw so many people walking outside in Milano while almost nobody even wore a mask.

So yeah, I think it's the discipline. In China you had A TOTAL shutdown where nobody left the house for 40-50 days, bar going to the shop, literally. In Italy that was not the case and it's still not the case apparently.
Most masks don't do anything. The shutdown is what made the difference.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Italy has been in lockdown for 10 days now. You would expect some slowing down.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Most masks don't do anything. The shutdown is what made the difference.
I don't think that's true. It's people walking down the streets thinking they are healthy but they are infected. Had they wore a mask they wouldn't spread it around (meaning they are in a range <1.5m from the other person).

China went on a total lockdown after 18 cases I think. Italy, when, after like 10.000?

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I don't think that's true. It's people walking down the streets thinking they are healthy but they are infected. Had they wore a mask they wouldn't spread it around (meaning they are in a range <1.5m from the other person).

China went on a total lockdown after 18 cases I think. Italy, when, after like 10.000?
18? No way. Lockdown started in Jan 23rd. Total official cases were 830.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it took a couple of days when people started to take the lockdown seriously, then they went panic shopping. that was probably the latest wave of mass infection. i wouldn't be surprised if the results of the lockdown started to show in an other week or two.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Had they wore a mask they wouldn't spread it around
That's what I'm saying, most of the masks that people were wearing in the street were not air tight. Obviously it's much better than having no protection at all, but it's not an ironclad protection.

I think one of the easiest forms of transmission is from particles from the mouth or nose so yeah it would make more sense to wear masks, but isolation is the #1 preventative measure. Otherwise people are going to leave it on many objects or surfaces, and as soon as someone touches their mouth or nose that's it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)