Coronavirus (COVID-19 Outbreak) (57 Viewers)

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
China is also an authoritarian regime that brutally suppresses dissent. The authorities and population there are much more used to restricted freedoms, and the government is much more willing to use “oppressive” methodology.

There will always be boneheads who think this is overblown, a conspiracy, a hoax, etc. Look at Fox News and its followers until a few days ago... Coronavirus was an overblown conspiracy to get rid of Trump. It took the outbreak numbers skyrocketing for them to change their tune.
They should be sued for spreading mass misinformation affecting public health during a pandemic

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If it isn't shocking to you, then you should be prepared for it, right?
Prepared for it? Of course I am. And so is the Canadian government, under a leader I don’t particularly like but is doing 10x the job during this pandemic that Trump is thus far.

Being personally prepared for it, and your president putting vast swaths of the population at risk from it due to downplaying it and being criminally unprepared to combat it are two separate things though.

- - - Updated - - -

They should be sued for spreading mass misinformation affecting public health during a pandemic
If only this could happen. Instead they spent a month calling it a fake news hoax by the “mainstream media” with zero consequence.

It’s really to bad Trump cannot/will not be impeached for his comments in February/early March saying it was no big deal, no worse than flu, etc.

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Yes, though non-Jews are like that as well of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Normal people should not even have masks, hospitals have desperate need for them.
I don’t, and am a little scared when go grocery shopping. I saw only 2 people (out of hundreds) today with masks (surgical) in Costco, and I have no idea who hoarded those.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I think in Italy many people who are now under lockdown have been infected and they are spreading the virus among their relatives.
Many people also had left Northern Italy right before the more severe restrictions were put in place. No doubt many of them are spreaders in Southern Italy.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I'm hearing so many conflicting reports and advice on the use of face masks.
Don't know which one is true.
Personally I am opting not to wear one and instead trying to avoid going out altogether (apart from buying groceries, food etc).
Go to a store where you have self checkout. And preferably least crowded.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That’s assuming contagion is uniformly distributed, which is obviously wrong. Lombardy accounts for two third of Italy’s cases.
Did you see the Fox News Poll on Trump’s handling of the “Wuhan Virus”? I think it was on Lou Dobbs. They gave three options for an answer: Superb, Great, Very Good.

North Korea level propaganda there. :lol:

Also trying to shift focus off Fox News and Trump putting most of their viewers/supporters at risk by refocusing anger at the Chinese lol

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I also think USA will have lower number of cases as share of the popualtion than Europe due to lower population density.
Average population density is misleading. 80% of US population live 100 miles from coasts of oceans and Great Lakes. NYC is as dense as anywhere in Europe.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you see the Fox News Poll on Trump’s handling of the “Wuhan Virus”? I think it was on Lou Dobbs. They gave three options for an answer: Superb, Great, Very Good.

North Korea level propaganda there. :lol:

Also trying to shift focus off Fox News and Trump putting most of their viewers/supporters at risk by refocusing anger at the Chinese lol
:lol: I have not, but I had watched Lou Dobbs before, and this is absolutely believable.

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,216
    Prepared for it? Of course I am. And so is the Canadian government, under a leader I don’t particularly like but is doing 10x the job during this pandemic that Trump is thus far.

Being personally prepared for it, and your president putting vast swaths of the population at risk from it due to downplaying it and being criminally unprepared to combat it are two separate things though.
    Obviously he shouldn't be downplaying it, but governments are inherently inept, regardless of who is in power. Every country is struggling with this, and so will Canada.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Obviously he shouldn't be downplaying it, but governments are inherently inept, regardless of who is in power. Every country is struggling with this, and so will Canada.
    Please, man. You don’t get to excuse him being a fucking moron by saying all governments are “inherently inept.” Refusing the WHO tests and calling Coronavirus a democrat hoax to get him for weeks is a criminal level of negligence.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #2,219
    Please, man. You don’t get to excuse him being a fucking moron by saying all governments are “inherently inept.” Refusing the WHO tests and calling Coronavirus a democrat hoax to get him for weeks is a criminal level of negligence.
    Not sure about "criminal", but I don't agree with how it's been handled in general. My level of expectation of government function is low to begin with though.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
    Nov 8, 2005
    I wouldn't bother - Andy would bend backwards, even more than he bent for Trump, just to dig up all sorts of self-contradicting, nonsensical excuses, with the sole purpose of not having to admit he, Andy, got taken by the orange buffoon like a cheap ho at a bachelor party.

And to think it would take so little for Andy to gain the respect of most people here ... all it would take is to say "I was wrong", 3 very simple words.

Look, I don't think much of Andy but even I refuse to believe he is that much of a fucking moron. At this point, I am thinking his stubbornness stems from a misplaced sense of pride mixed with common denial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)