Corentin Tolisso - M C - Olympique Lyonnais (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
He didnt do bad in Roma in serie A. He stayed second to Inter until his team collapsed on its own. Allegri's Milan obviously had a better squad than any Roma, but before Allegri they were even behind Allegri. Allegri made that squad reach its full potential the way spaletti perhaps did to his Roma squad. Allegri finished 1st because his squad was better and Spaletti finished second because that was the full potential of his squad. I grant all that.

I also think Spaletti now is getting the most out of his squad in Serie A once again.

The main difference imo is in the CL. Spaletti had one good season and plenty of terrible ones including the current ones. Allegri always got Milan to do well. Thats the pre-juve allegri vs spaletti comparison.

Post-juve, Allegri showed he can manage the expectations of a top club and deliver there. He can handle big CL games and have his steam squeeze out results if needed. We dont know that about Spaletti yet.

So pre-juve Allegri had the better CL consistency while after Juve he showed he can handle a top team. I am not of the opinion that Spaletti is utter shit. He is a good coach but I think our stature now as a club means we dont have to gamble. We should be hiring top coaches.
Perfect post :tup:

My main concern with Spalletti is his poor performance in Europe. The man manager stuff doesn't bother me because Allegri had those same concerns with Milan. Allegri was good in Europe with the sinking ship Milan.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How is he a failure though? He was a success at both Udinese and Roma.

As for an embarrasment in europe, again, how was a pre juve allegri better than him in europe? He never did anything special with a milan team that was, at least in his first two years, much more superior in terms of personnel to Spalettis Roma.

I agree PI may be exaggerating big time with Spalletti critique, but come on bro. Tactical maturity, balance and flexibility is like night and day of Allegri in Milan and Spalletti, Allegri actually gave Barcelona headaches despite the "glamorous" but shit ageing squad he had. He allways meticolously prepared himself to his opponents tactically speaking. Its not like he suddenly just got used to doing that in Juve. Its just the type of coach he is, despite his flaws (there were ALOT of them in Milan, mediocre coach half of the time, but the tactical backbone and foundation wasnt one of them), his adaptive and flexible and sometimes bit too conservative approach is ideal for CL and big ties in general, tho sometimes he may overdue it (last 30 mins vs Bayern last year, or first leg vs them...). That kind of well rounded approach is why he won league title immediately, 2nd latter (tho this one kind of a choke job) and is fairly consistent in just making sure he is up there competing in most tasks he takes on.

Spalletti in comparison, despite limitation of coaching mediocre shit mentally Roma side, is quite hinged on his approach and does little else to improve to compete closer, and in his approach his team just loses it if that approach doesnt work. And I am yet to notice him adapting to scenarios of a big game. This is not the coach we need to do go far in CL and to replace Allegri IMO. He seems to improved bit tactically this season, more conservative nuance, but still too naive and blase for my liking. Dont see much balance besides good position and attacking and hope opponents dont do much to upset them, even when they do he does nothing to change it (thats why they WALK over him in CL, weaker sides too, just not the famous Man U game). I mean just watch his last game vs Napoli, yeah he had couple injuries, but the tactic he chose was lolsy, 4 CBs that made their width nonexistant and completely overrun midfield, but STILL choosing to play high line that got fvcked over. Didnt adapt shit either, as he doesnt in most games. Napoli are better, and we are too ofcourse, but every time we faced him too he rarely actually suprises you tactically speaking to close the gap between us.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Agreed^

For me Spalletti has been amazing at getting all his teams to play the best possible. The problem is that he doesn't adapt to matches for the most part. If football was played by one team then Spalletti would be the best coach in the world lol. When his teams work, its beautiful, amazing. And they work for most of the season. The issue is that at least with Roma players this is not enough. They can't overwhelm everyone.

With a top squad like ours it could be great, but it could also lead to a couple of infuriating big defeats every season when we would all feel like it could have been better.

Imo he needs a better team than Roma (or Zenit) to show if he can do it with the best.

LyonFan

Mar 7, 2017
There's no news about Tolisso to Juve in the french media, is there something from italian media?

btw tonight, sub in at 85'
[video=streamable;ydqgx]https://streamable.com/ydqgx[/video]
[video=streamable;cto3d]https://streamable.com/cto3d[/video]

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
What? Tielemans should defenitely be easier to get then Tolisso right now. The latter would cost near 40m and having top season, while Tielemans who I like more Btw , is still just a work in progress playing in Belgium. He won't go to top club if he leaves, he should be in pit stop type of club before that, like Sevilla, Monaco, Roma etc.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)