Corentin Tolisso - M C - Olympique Lyonnais (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Finally back on topic, but fuck Spaletti, Mourinho, and Guardiola. They are all disgusting and cringe worthy :yuck: :inter:

Tolisso for 40 million + bonuses is a solid deal :donedeal:

Now, let's wrap up SMS from Lazio for 2019 :klin:

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Can someone please tell me why pre juve allegri is considered a more accomplished coach than Spaletti?
Good question, because he was absolutely not. On the other hand close to nobody wanted Allegri either back then. Everybody thought it was the end of the world signing the Milan reject.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Can someone please tell me why pre juve allegri is considered a more accomplished coach than Spaletti?
He wasn't a long-term failure of a coach. A young and rising coach who improved every team he coached. I still wasn't particularly fond of him, with gol di muntari and all that, but I didn't melt down over his appointment.

Spalletti is a failure of a coach who plays unbalanced and fundamentally poor football. But it's "pretty" and "attacking" :lol:

He's also an embarrassment in Europe. :lol:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Did well with a small team like cagliari then he did well to win the scudetto in his first year after a long time of dominance by Inter even though Milan never really got close to the scudetto in the inter era. narrowly missed the scudetto in his second year and always did well in the CL with that Milan squad.

Spaletti has done nothing impressive and is consistently exposed in the CL by weaker teams. It could be just Roma but he has definitely not helped fix that meltdown mode they get in Europe.

And yes no one wanted allegri before he joined us.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He wasn't a long-term failure of a coach. A young and rising coach who improved every team he coached. I still wasn't particularly fond of him, with gol di muntari and all that, but I didn't melt down over his appointment.

Spalletti is a failure of a coach who plays unbalanced and fundamentally poor football. But it's "pretty" and "attacking" :lol:

He's also an embarrassment in Europe. :lol:
How is he a failure though? He was a success at both Udinese and Roma.

As for an embarrasment in europe, again, how was a pre juve allegri better than him in europe? He never did anything special with a milan team that was, at least in his first two years, much more superior in terms of personnel to Spalettis Roma.

You obviously dont like his style and do not want juve playing that style, which is fair enough. But in terms of accomplishments, i think its hard to argue that a pre juve allegri was any better than Spaletti.

- - - Updated - - -

Did well with a small team like cagliari then he did well to win the scudetto in his first year after a long time of dominance by Inter even though Milan never really got close to the scudetto in the inter era. narrowly missed the scudetto in his second year and always did well in the CL with that Milan squad.

Spaletti has done nothing impressive and is consistently exposed in the CL by weaker teams. It could be just Roma but he has definitely not helped fix that meltdown mode they get in Europe.

And yes no one wanted allegri before he joined us.
Spaletti did quite well in the league with a roma side that was a mess before he came, it was almost impossible for him to compete with an inter team that had much more resources. He reached the CL quarters just like allegri did with Milan. The Milan squad that Allegri inherited had Pirlo, a peak Zlatan and Thiago Silva. Spalletti never had such players at his disposal. I really think there is very little between them.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

As for an embarrasment in europe, again, how was a pre juve allegri better than him in europe? He never did anything special with a milan team that was, at least in his first two years, much more superior in terms of personnel to Spalettis Roma.

You obviously dont like his style and do not want juve playing that style, which is fair enough. But in terms of accomplishments, i think its hard to argue that a pre juve allegri was any better than Spaletti.
:agree:

Its PI's new mission in life to convince everybody that Spalletti sucks. The truth is he did well at Udinese, Roma and Zenit, and he would do well here if he was ever given the chance.

In the last couple of weeks I seen Montella and Pjanic name Spalletti as the best and most influential coach they ever had. Lippi wanted Spalletti to succed him, and still hold him in high regards.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Spaletti did quite well in the league with a roma side that was a mess before he came, it was almost impossible for him to compete with an inter team that had much more resources. He reached the CL quarters just like allegri did with Milan. The Milan squad that Allegri inherited had Pirlo, a peak Zlatan and Thiago Silva. Spalletti never had such players at his disposal. I really think there is very little between them.
He didnt do bad in Roma in serie A. He stayed second to Inter until his team collapsed on its own. Allegri's Milan obviously had a better squad than any Roma, but before Allegri they were even behind roma. Allegri made that squad reach its full potential the way spaletti perhaps did to his Roma squad. Allegri finished 1st because his squad was better and Spaletti finished second because that was the full potential of his squad. I grant all that.

I also think Spaletti now is getting the most out of his squad in Serie A once again.

The main difference imo is in the CL. Spaletti had one good season and plenty of terrible ones including the current ones. Allegri always got Milan to do well. Thats the pre-juve allegri vs spaletti comparison.

Post-juve, Allegri showed he can manage the expectations of a top club and deliver there. He can handle big CL games and have his steam squeeze out results if needed. We dont know that about Spaletti yet.

So pre-juve Allegri had the better CL consistency while after Juve he showed he can handle a top team. I am not of the opinion that Spaletti is utter shit. He is a good coach but I think our stature now as a club means we dont have to gamble. We should be hiring top coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)