Corentin Tolisso - M C - Olympique Lyonnais (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Isn't Tolisso some sort of high floor, low ceilling player?

Don't know him well, but he never really caught my attention.

With Khedira being fully healthy and much more suitable to our new scheme, I have doubts if signing Tolisso is the way to go. It could be redundant to what Khedira already offers in a 2 men mid.

Maybe we should go for a higher ceilling in the mid, or even direct the money towards wingers and use Bentancour already, along with Marchisio, in the rotation of the mid.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Isn't Tolisso some sort of high floor, low ceilling player?

Don't know him well, but he never really caught my attention.

With Khedira being fully healthy and much more suitable to our new scheme, I have doubts if signing Tolisso is the way to go. It could be redundant to what Khedira already offers in a 2 men mid.

Maybe we should go for a higher ceilling in the mid, or even direct the money towards wingers and use Bentancour already, along with Marchisio, in the rotation of the mid.
what makes you think so? he's a year younger than Dybala

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
age is one thing that restricts potential player growth, usually people say such things about older players like Rincon or Peluso, this is why I'm curious why Pedro thinks Tolisso won't improve further when he's just 22 and this is his 4th pro season, all spent in one team

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
age is one thing that restricts potential player growth, usually people say such things about older players like Rincon or Peluso, this is why I'm curious why Pedro thinks Tolisso won't improve further when he's just 22 and this is his 4th pro season, all spent in one team
Players with incredible technical potential who show signs of great vision and awareness will learn to use their abundant talent more effectively and increase greatly as these mental talents develop.

But you also have offensive players who are rather limited in the kind of technical ability they have. They set apart cause they have a physical advantage early on, compared to players of similar age, but they hardly improve as they get older as there is little to improve.

examples are Berardi and Dybala

Berardi hasnt progressed for a decade now. Still the same player. Yea his controll is decent and all, but there is no genius in his dribbeling, his shots and runs are what they are.

Dybala is an amazing player, but we can see so many things which could exponentially increase him. You can see he knows how to turn out of a situation, or past 3 players, but we also see the point where he kicks the ball too far or choses the wrong option. He'll get older and knows how to do what, when, and where to pick what option, which will make him much more lethal.

- - - Updated - - -

Having said that, i doubt Tolisso is an early peak low ceiling player

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Players with incredible technical potential who show signs of great vision and awareness will learn to use their abundant talent more effectively and increase greatly as these mental talents develop.

But you also have offensive players who are rather limited in the kind of technical ability they have. They set apart cause they have a physical advantage early on, compared to players of similar age, but they hardly improve as they get older as there is little to improve.

examples are Berardi and Dybala

Berardi hasnt progressed for a decade now. Still the same player. Yea his controll is decent and all, but there is no genius in his dribbeling, his shots and runs are what they are.

Dybala is an amazing player, but we can see so many things which could exponentially increase him. You can see he knows how to turn out of a situation, or past 3 players, but we also see the point where he kicks the ball too far or choses the wrong option. He'll get older and knows how to do what, when, and where to pick what option, which will make him much more lethal.

- - - Updated - - -

Having said that, i doubt Tolisso is an early peak low ceiling player
thank you for 5 useless paragraphs :tup:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm just throwing the idea out there, because from the very little I've seen he didn't seem special. It's actually a question: do you see him as a potentially special midfielder? Can he offer more than Khedira or Pjanic?

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
I'm just throwing the idea out there, because from the very little I've seen he didn't seem special. It's actually a question: do you see him as a potentially special midfielder? Can he offer more than Khedira or Pjanic?
The flaw in your view is that khedira and pjanic are already world class, so even if tolisso can just matched them it will still be good for us considering his age...

Demanding our transfer to bring messi level of player in every position (because our team already world class) is completely unrealistic.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Well I never said any of that. I think Khedira is very adequate for a 2 men midfield and I have doubts if Tolisso would actually provide something more.

But again, it's a legitimate doubt. I really don't know the player to say yes or no.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I haven't seen much of him, so it's hard for me to answer. From the little I've seen of him, I think he's a complete midfielder with no obvious strengths or shortcomings, basically an improved version of Lemina, who is a mystery to me.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Whenever I ask somebody about Tolisso I always get an answer that doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

But if Beppe and team decide to pay 40m then he has to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)