[Coppa Italia] Roma 1-0 JUVENTUS (Jan. 21st 2014) (16 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We need a system overhaul if we want to stop failing in these knockout competitions

Or, we spend equally as big on the 'right' players for a 3-5-2

But i'm not convinced there's such a thing as top wing-backs. None that wouldn't just be simply better as wingers any way

4-3-3/4-3-1-2, anthing at this point because the same flaws appear time and time again when we play with a regista and 5 defenders.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Another cup competition = another early exit :howler:

We played like shit, but this gem from Conte made me laugh:

“Both sides played well and studied their opponents. I am satisfied with the performance of those players who usually don’t play as much." :touched:

I don't recall us having a single shot on goal (unless you count the disallowed goal). We were so negative and uninspired in our approach.

Oh, and @Red Thanks for reminding me why you are my favorite mod :heart:

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
we've never beaten Roma at the Olimpico under Conte, so not exactly sure why people were expecting us to steamroll them, it was always going to be a tight game.

the lineup was fine, was more or less the Scudetto winning starting XI from last year.

Conte sat back and let the game unfold instead of hitting them hard with the options on the bench when Roma were tired and the field had opened up.

like @swag said, we just suck ass in cup competitions..

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
Awfull performance.
Midfield was no were, Pirlo, Vidal and Marchisio sucked.
Defence, well, Chiellini showed his awfull passing, Bonucci should have covered Gervinho when he scores, Isla and Peluso showed they are no Licht and Asamoah, only Barzagli was decent.
Attack, Giovinco tried but was unable, Quag, did he play? Was he on the field.
Better get rid of him and keep Vucinic.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Just finished watching it. No surprises there, judging by our starting 11 it was pretty clear what to expect. Roma could've ended the match in the first half.

Not really much to say, our B team is pretty average and played as one. Conte, as usual, decided to sub in 2 players who could have made a difference too late in the match.

On their goal Bonucci not only fucked up once but twice, fucking amateurish marking. But fuck it, the reason we played a B team was because it's an unimportant tournament. Conte just let the team sit back like he didn't care for this Mickey Mouse cup and honestly i don't either. Moving on.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
We need a system overhaul if we want to stop failing in these knockout competitions

But i'm not convinced there's such a thing as top wing-backs. None that wouldn't just be simply better as wingers any way

4-3-3/4-3-1-2, anthing at this point because the same flaws appear time and time again when we play with a regista and 5 defenders.
Disagree here. Last night, like many cup nights, was more about an inconsequential attitude rather than our formation, which actually soaked up Roma's pressing game pretty well. If anything they looked to tire faster than we did. Point is, our mentality left a lot to be desired. The lack of hunger is clear to see.

Another cup competition = another early exit :howler:

We played like shit, but this gem from Conte made me laugh:

“Both sides played well and studied their opponents. I am satisfied with the performance of those players who usually don’t play as much." :touched:

I don't recall us having a single shot on goal (unless you count the disallowed goal). We were so negative and uninspired in our approach.

Oh, and @Red Thanks for reminding me why you are my favorite mod :heart:
Says it all. If he is satisfied after a loss, then we kind of know where our el performances are headed.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
On their goal Bonucci not only fucked up once but twice, fucking amateurish marking. But fuck it, the reason we played a B team was because it's an unimportant tournament. Conte just let the team sit back like he didn't care for this Mickey Mouse cup and honestly i don't either. Moving on.
Leo Bonnucci doesn't even belong in the b team to be honest. Also, if this is a Mickey mouse cup, dunno why we've won it more than anybody else in the league. I'd say this match was a tad bit more consequential assuming it was against our main rivals for the league and against the only other team that's won it as much as us. Was a great opportunity to shut them down psychologically and dump them out of the cup. We should've shown a bit more purpose last night. If we don't care about this trophy we should just field our primavera every year rather than claim how bad we want this silver star.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012

You're having a streak of terrible posts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)