[Coppa Italia] Roma 1-0 JUVENTUS (Jan. 21st 2014) (10 Viewers)

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
This excuse that its just the Coppa Italia is stupid..its another trophy which we can win, we all know we're not too strong in Europe and theres always a chance we won't win the EL..

The Scudetto and Coppa italia would sort of make up for the disaster in the CL..we're now back to old ways where winning the Serie A is a given, any other trophies are big bonuses
Not an excuse mate,just the way Juve consider the tournament not important.
It's obvious for the past few years.

In Cl it's different,and i hope it will be different in EL as well.
We will play our best 11,and play with the right approach and determination.

- - - Updated - - -

So, now when we're out of CI there will be some agreement in the locker room that Europa League is for the reserves?
I really hope not,and they take it seriously.

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
Not an excuse mate,just the way Juve consider the tournament not important.
It's obvious for the past few years.

In Cl it's different,and i hope it will be different in EL as well.
We will play our best 11,and play with the right approach and determination.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope not,and they take it seriously.
It should be though lol, we could have had 3 stars and a silver star on the kit next season :p

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And people bragged how we had an amazing depth.
We don't, really. Maybe at a couple spots, but that's it. The whole "building a base" excuse from a few years ago was only to deflect mediocre signings, Isla being one of them.

I think I have to agree with others here. The CL and the CI are more than sufficient proof that this club either sucks at elimination competitions or it simply does not care.
Quite clearly we suck at knockouts. We have for a long time and under multiple managers.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
did anyone seriously expect anything else other than a loss with that lineup? especially when roma played their full team or almost full team...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Who cares, really? This is by no means a sign of how we will go in the europa either. This is a competition for the backups.

Jul 20, 2012
While this game has no affect on our scudetto, it pisses me that this squad has two sides. A side that can absolutely destroy Napoli, Lazio and Roma and then there is the other side looks Milan. When I say side I don't mean as far as the A squad and B squad but rather the approach and attitude.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
While this game has no affect on our scudetto, it pisses me that this squad has two sides. A side that can absolutely destroy Napoli, Lazio and Roma and then there is the other side looks Milan. When I say side I don't mean as far as the A squad and B squad but rather the approach and attitude.
It's not surprising if you think about it really. two of our top scorers+assistmen were not playing until very late (Pogba and Tevez), and the other top guy vidal had an off game.

you will see that with all big sides that rely on 3-4 players that are the difference makers.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Bayern match was similar tbh, our strikers couldn't hold the ball up, we resorted to punting it up the pitch and nobody got anywhere near the goal

People will say that Bayern were just much more superior. Which is true. But, teams half as good as us on paper can at least get proper shots on goal. Our system does not work in certain scenarios. And makes us look worse than we are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)