[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS 3/03/09 (6 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Chiellini was only partially at fault for that goal.

There are limits to how much can be done when a pass is as perfectly weighted as that one was.

There should, however, have been more pressure on the player playing the pass to make it as hard as possible for a good pass to be played.
It all just goes to show a lack of sharpness can loose to possesion then you're disorganized and bam! They've scored, this has been the story of our season a lot of the time our own sloppiness has cost us.

Buy on AliExpress.com

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
did you watch champions league last matchday ?
it is not only ranieri who looks pretty clueless when his team suffers and who does make substitations pretty late. other top coaches do it too (you consider coaches of clubs that play champions league a top coach, don't you).

demanding that your coach can turn around a game with his subs it nice thinking, but was it that way we would always turn around games, even when we lose and always win. that is just not realistic and just watch mourinho ... he is not even better at times and just has to watch his team go under.
why go so far compare him to his opponent today, delio rossi, who managed to tweak his team on the fly and come out with a result; i still dont get why he took out Tiago who had the most aerial clearances in the team and whose passes were our only lethal weapon. CR is quite limited in this regard and considering the quality we have it will continue to affect us negatively.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Saying Giovinco would not have any effect on the match is not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but probably just dumbest thing I've heard today. Maybe. Iaquinta was a farce from what I saw and Amauri could have used somebody who could open up play and get him the ball. The amount of space out there for Seba to work with could have brought results.

If some people here don't see the use in fielding Giovinco, then they should stop being pussies, step up to the plate, and insist on selling the kid for a profit. Why? Because it only makes flippin' sense.
of course..... we lost the match because we lost the midfield and they pressed a lot on us... player like Giovinco will force them to set back and keep pressure on them so it will be balanced.... anyway poulsen intead of tiago was a stupid sub...

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Why did CR take Sissoko off?
i think it was, because he was already booked and we did not really win the midfield battle with him to that point of time (second half)

Tiago should have been the first to go in my opinion offering pretty much nothing while he was in today.
i only watched the second half with a good stream so i can not judge his performance from the first half, but in the second he pretty much did nothing.

Poor Gio again...Its too bad CR doesnt show half the faith in him as he does in Marchisio, and the really curious part of that is that when he does finally use Gio he always ends up doing something great for the team like setting up a goal or chances.
yes, it is kind of sad that he gets so few chances. i would not state that it is logical that it would have made a difference if gio would have played, but it surely could have. ranieris thoughts clearly were more about strengthening the middle with poulsen. the last sub was pretty much pointless. i dont think gio would have done anything the time trez came in. lets just hope he gets some starts in the league in the coming games

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
We just didn't show in the 2nd half like many suggested and its a real shame because our first half was very good. We controlled the game and dictated the pace on our terms combining that with a goal.

Chiellini was very disappointing imo. He takes the blame for the 2nd goal as he chose to play rocchi on side and then he couldn't beat him to the ball.

Amauri was worst today than Iaquinta, contrary to what many have said. He had one chance that was served to him by Iaq and he blasts it into the one defender he had to beat.

Then we have our usual suspects grygera and marchionni.

Tiago and moli both were very good first half. The latter was really impressive and credit to him for slowly improving.

Neddy had a good game and Iaq as well.

Now to Ranieri, i know its easier to talk after the game but giovinco was a must today at any point. He would've given them something to think about and hence they wouldn't attack with that amount of players. If he was really concerned about losing the midfield than the first sub should've been poulsen not marchisio.
Amauri was horrible yet trezi was not introduced until the 80th minute after we conceded!

Its just the coppa but we had a good chance of going back home and taking it easier than this but was thrown away.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
why go so far compare him to his opponent today, delio rossi, who managed to tweak his team on the fly and come out with a result; i still dont get why he took out Tiago who had the most aerial clearances in the team and whose passes were our only lethal weapon. CR is quite limited in this regard and considering the quality we have it will continue to affect us negatively.
Tiago was doing okay, but the midfield was being overrun. Bringing Poulsen on was a fairly logical step to take to try and gain a bit more control in central midfield.

However, Giovinco should probably have been brought on to compensate for the loss of Tiago's technical ability.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
if CR realy needed to change tiago in the second half he should have done this

Marchionni-Marchisio-Nedved-Giovinco

Amauri-Iaqunta

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Tiago was doing okay, but the midfield was being overrun. Bringing Poulsen on was a fairly logical step to take to try and gain a bit more control in central midfield.

However, Giovinco should probably have been brought on to compensate for the loss of Tiago's technical ability.
Giovinco has potential but has not convinced yet... his small body makes him suffer in serie a... i bet he would kick ass in la liga...
Yes he doesnt play much but players with less potential like balotelli played slightly more time than he has and have convinced on various occasions..
As much as i love giovinco i think its realistic to think we cannot rely on him.
However in this case and in many others, he should have brought it giovinco because whatever he does it will probably be better than what we were already at.

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Giovinco has potential but has not convinced yet... his small body makes him suffer in serie a... i bet he would kick ass in la liga...
Yes he doesnt play much but players with less potential like balotelli played slightly more time than he has and have convinced on various occasions..
As much as i love giovinco i think its realistic to think we cannot rely on him.
However in this case and in many others, he should have brought it giovinco because whatever he does it will probably be better than what we were already at.
What??

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:wallbang: please tell me your kidding? Gio has done something pretty much everytime he has come on, whether goal, assist or set up FKs not to mention his crossing is much better than marchionni/nedved of late.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Did you see the game today?

Lazio left so much space when they attacked that the situation was perfectly set up for him.

I'm not one of the people who think that Giovinco should be starting every week, but there are certain circumstances in which it is foolish not to use him.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I'm on juve reds level, some people here are treating him like a messiah; which he isn't, but there are times where he's clearly been the missing piece in our dry approach

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'm on juve reds level, some people here are treating him like a messiah; which he isn't, but there are times where he's clearly been the missing piece in our dry approach
I would say more along the lines of "our predictable approach" which I am guessing is the same thing to what you are intending

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Problem is, we haven't seen what Giovinco could do if we played him consistently through numerous matches.

Strength of character is definetly not his forte and if you ask me this is absolutely essential to represent Juventus as a manager.
Indeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)