[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS 3/03/09 (2 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Did you see the game today?

Lazio left so much space when they attacked that the situation was perfectly set up for him.

I'm not one of the people who think that Giovinco should be starting every week, but there are certain circumstances in which it is foolish not to use him.

exactly my point.

and i stand behind my comment that he has not really convinced yet... he still has a lot to learn and ranieri isn't helping... but currently players like balotelli and Bojan (from barca) seem to have proven themselves far more than he has..
We all know he is more talented... but he hasn't used the little chances he has been given efficiently. He is not our messiah not anytime soon atleast

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Giovinco wasn't always greatness when he played. That is pure bullshit. In some matches he was very disappointing even when he started from the beginning. He is definitely not our saviour as he is made out to be. He is a good attacking weapon sometimes and that is all for now. He definitely didn't show yet that he is a must in the starting 11.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Then sell Giovinco then. What's the point of holding on to him if he isn't a suitable player for starting a long period of time?

Sell him, grab the cash, and be done with it.

Sep 1, 2002
I feel Ranieri kept some if his players back for more important games to come, and played a good enough hand, in what is just the Coppa.
An away goal is excellent, no doubt.
Only being one goal behind at half time is also excellent too.

As for making mistakes, well hindsight is a great liar: most here were calling him a tactical wizard when he took off Momo (who had a bad-hair-day) for the boy. Alas the boy was no small way part to blame for their goal. At the time of subing though, it seemed a good strong attacking move.

Gio, had things gone differently may have come on, but let's hope, Ranieri will have him and Trez back for the sharp part if the season, which thankfully we are still very much a part of.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Giovinco wasn't always greatness when he played. That is pure bullshit. In some matches he was very disappointing even when he started from the beginning. He is definitely not our saviour as he is made out to be. He is a good attacking weapon sometimes and that is all for now. He definitely didn't show yet that he is a must in the starting 11.
That is just stupid then. Del Piero has bad games so does that mean he shouldn't be in the starting 11? Amauri had an off game today should we bench him for IQ because he "almost scored"? Gio has done more good than bad, that warrants him at the very minimum more playing time. You cant just say that in "some matches" he was very disappointing then you should say that argument for everyone. Its not fair to judge Gio off of the little amount of game time he has been given. Chiellini has been at fault for many goals this year, just like the game winner today. Should CR bench him and start Ariaudo?

No one is saying he is our savior but he very well could be, how would you know? You are judging him by the few times he has played this year and he HAS STILL delivered even in a disappointing game he brings more to the table than marchionni or nedved this season. Besides, many times he has only been given 15 minutes max, and you seem to expect miracles from him in only a few minutes of play in a game?

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
he needs a better partner.
Maybe, but he still needs to wake up. He performed badly against Chelsea as well.
Marchionni looks like a useful player to me, although not to everyone else. He has a high conversion rate(assists and goals). I see Grygera as not being a good player to complement him. Grygera never runs up the field, unlike Molinaro, so it is easy to lock down the the right flank by marking Marchionni, so Marchionni needs to dribble, which is not his forte.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Maybe, but he still needs to wake up. He performed badly against Chelsea as well.
Marchionni looks like a useful player to me, although not to everyone else. He has a high conversion rate(assists and goals). I see Grygera as not being a good player to complement him. Grygera never runs up the field, unlike Molinaro, so it is easy to lock down the the right flank by marking Marchionni, so Marchionni needs to dribble, which is not his forte.
well neither marchionni or grygera can cross and considering whom we have up top its a necessity hence strengthening my argument that neither of those two fools are needed by this club other than backup under extreme circumstances:pumpkin:

RocknRolla

Dec 10, 2008
When Camo is injured he is definitely a must start.

I do not understand why marchionni is starting every fucking game he has nothing on Giovinco.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Marchionni can cross. He played a good ball to Trezeguet last week. If he enters the penalty box, the probability that he will conjure up something is higher than any of the other players, from what I have observed. The problem is that he seldom gets the service because Grygera always crosses the ball instead. Giovinco may be better right now because Grygera is the RB. But once we have a RB who can attack, Marchionni will be useful again.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
it is puzzling indeed. maybe CR thinks grygera/marchionni have a good understanding and gio would disrupt that?? i have no idea

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Well 2-1 in the end isnt a bad result. We got the away goal. 2nd leg is in the end of April and by then a lot could be different.

1st half we played pretty well. And who knows, if IQ goal had stood, might have won the match.

2nd half Lazio clearly benefited from the break and literally owned us. Sissoko totally lost it in the midfield.

Ranieri didnt help with his dumb subs either. Instead of maybe going for it and putting Trez on for Grygera or smth, he puts him on for Amauri. And too late of course as well.

And i got to say, Iaquinta is starting to look useless in my eyes. What was the offer Zenit was giving us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)