[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS 3/03/09 (5 Viewers)

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
i'd love to see amaurisimo now..and explaining me some things..cuz he understands ranieri soo much..
well, I was in bed at that time, as i could not wait till 4.45am, anyway....i am happy that i did not see it..

you could read this one instead waiting for me..

it's from Virtual...
"
even if i would have liked to see giovinco in the second half, i doubt it would have changed anything.

bringing on a striker or attacking player, while you are under heavy pressure did never help against sloppy defending nor will it ever help against an opponent that cuts through your midfield like a hot knife through butter.

poulsen substition could have had an impact on the game, but when you have some grygera on the right that does blast the ball into nowhere instead of just giving him the ball to poulsen when he runs into spaces in the midfield you could field messi and nothing on the game would change.

it really seems to much to expect from some players to include a player that was brought on into the game, instead of ignoring him.

giovinco would not have any effect, since on the right grygera did play to marchionni all the time, which did then lose the ball and on the left we did blast the ball over the left midfielder for some iaquinta to go hunt it with his speed ... it did work pretty good until we reached their penalty box where we were easily stopped or to uncunning to score (amauris lazy shot attempt that was blocked after a good pass from iaquinta)

how tiago can have a good game, when he goes completely missing in the second half is beyond me, but wait ... there is always ranieri we can blame for it.

he surely said that they should lose possession easily and stop attacking !"

I read all comments and i will underline some of them..

"Chiellini is worse than Legro ...or...Grygera and Molinaro are both rubbish..or I really hate Marchioni...IQ hasn't been himself...Amuri is not Juve material (ok i know this guy is looser)..And Pandev is consistently owning us. 3 different Juve backlines in the last 4 years couldn't stop him....Chiellini's marking on rocchi's goal was extremely poor...

just few of those posts tells me that it was not only CR's fault, but whole our defense line, as well as midfield which according to your posts was over run completely.

it sounds to me that players are tired cos of busy schedule and as CR said, its was bit silly to play game now and return leg in 50 days???

in regards to interview which some of you praised, i did not like it as he used racial comments..its not Cr's style..

re inter's style , yeah thats cool ;)

Forza Juve and better luck in next game

:flag:

Mar 30, 2006
I saw that he said that in the goal.com article but they did not mention it in Channel 4 or anyother website I saw.

Is it true? It does not seem like something he would say. Maybe it was taken out of context and maybe he ment the ref was like a communist or dictator.

It does not make any sense unless thats the way he ment it.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Good for u Albert, I stayed up till 3.45AM local time to witness a much less than ideal Juve playing in the 2nd Half.

The positives in the game was probably Tiago's almost pin-point passes in the 1st half.

Another note is the great rapport down the left wing between Neddy and Molly. Quick releases of the ball from Neddy always managed to find Molly surging like speeding bullet down the touch-line.

The crosses at both sides however, still leave much to be desired. Marchionni did scored a goal but his movements with Grygera at the right wing is as stagnant as as pool of mosquito larvae infested water.

The team has got 2 >1.85m tall forwards and little or no decent crosses for them to take advantage, very disappointing indeed :(

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
No, we are a "45 minute" team
Against Napoli we even were not that.

Playing Pavel in this game doesn't make sense at all. It's obvious he's going to play the derby and against Chelsea, Seba should have started ahead.
Pavel was our best player against Lazio. He still has the greatness of the past, the problem is only with his stamina. His last night's performance suggested how rests could elevate his impact. I'd rest him against Torino in order to have him fresh for Tuesday night.

Giovinco wasn't always greatness when he played. That is pure bullshit. In some matches he was very disappointing even when he started from the beginning. He is definitely not our saviour as he is made out to be. He is a good attacking weapon sometimes and that is all for now. He definitely didn't show yet that he is a must in the starting 11.
Ranieri made a completely okay player out of an utterly usless Molinaro by playing him regularly, by being patient at him playing rubbish, by overlooking his awful displays. Ranieri made all this out of absolutely NO talent. Now Giovinco's got the talent. He shares the position with a 37 yo Nedved who can't play week in week out nor has the full 90 minutes in his legs anymore yet he isn't been given proper chance. We have to inject him to our team slowly if we really want to invest on him for future. Ranieri needs to be patient at him like the way he's been at Molinaro from the beginning of the season. Every time he's coming in as a sub he has to manage too much of pressure first because he's supposed to be a saviour and second because he feels it's the only chance he's been given in weeks. Some may say this would be motivating enough to force him to take this rare chance but still I think that pressure I said eariler is too much and is so harmful.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Ranieri made a completely okay player out of an utterly usless Molinaro by playing him regularly, by being patient at him playing rubbish, by overlooking his awful displays. Ranieri made all this out of absolutely NO talent. Now Giovinco's got the talent. He shares the position with a 37 yo Nedved who can't play week in week out nor has the full 90 minutes in his legs anymore yet he isn't been given proper chance. We have to inject him to our team slowly if we really want to invest on him for future. Ranieri needs to be patient at him like the way he's been at Molinaro from the beginning of the season. Every time he's coming in as a sub he has to manage too much of pressure first because he's supposed to be a saviour and second because he feels it's the only chance he's been given in weeks. Some may say this would be motivating enough to force him to take this rare chance but still I think that pressure I said eariler is too much and is so harmful.
This is exactly what the Giovinco situation is about. Well put, mate.

Kosta

The Eccentric
Jul 16, 2006
And Pandev is consistently owning us. 3 different Juve backlines in the last 4 years couldn't stop him.
We had the same problem with Amauri and at the end we had to buy him just to prevent him from scoring against us.

Same must be done with Pandev and Cruz, maybe Seedorf too. :D

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Last night we needed more mobility upfront and CR didn't bother to include Gio :frown:
we were pressed hard and we should have benefited from the counter attack we were offered...but No...
While Marchisio-Sisso substitution was understandable, the Tiago, Poulsen one at 1-1 was very strnage in my opinion!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)