[Coppa Italia] Lazio 2-1 JUVENTUS 3/03/09 (6 Viewers)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
even if i would have liked to see giovinco in the second half, i doubt it would have changed anything.

bringing on a striker or attacking player, while you are under heavy pressure did never help against sloppy defending nor will it ever help against an opponent that cuts through your midfield like a hot knife through butter.

poulsen substition could have had an impact on the game, but when you have some grygera on the right that does blast the ball into nowhere instead of just giving him the ball to poulsen when he runs into spaces in the midfield you could field messi and nothing on the game would change.

it really seems to much to expect from some players to include a player that was brought on into the game, instead of ignoring him.

giovinco would not have any effect, since on the right grygera did play to marchionni all the time, which did then lose the ball and on the left we did blast the ball over the left midfielder for some iaquinta to go hunt it with his speed ... it did work pretty good until we reached their penalty box where we were easily stopped or to uncunning to score (amauris lazy shot attempt that was blocked after a good pass from iaquinta)

how tiago can have a good game, when he goes completely missing in the second half is beyond me, but wait ... there is always ranieri we can blame for it.

he surely said that they should lose possession easily and stop attacking !
i disagree... we had a lot of counter attacks in the second half but we wasted it... i think Giovinco was going to make it more dangerous cause our left flank was going hard....

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i'd love to see amaurisimo now..and explaining me some things..cuz he understands ranieri soo much..
Alen already pretty much summed it up ...

man, how childish you (pl.) act when juve lose .... it's almost you wait for it and enjoy it, when ranieri seems to do wrong to have something to argue about

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
Alen already pretty much summed it up ...

man, how childish you (pl.) act when juve lose .... it's almost you wait for it and enjoy it, when ranieri seems to do wrong to have something to argue about
wtf dude?...we play the first half perfect...and in the second half we play like an old boot...i don't enjoy bashing ranieri...but imo he's the first man responsable for this result.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
he finished that in a world class striker way, alen...he didn't looked at the goal...
There should have been a defender tight to Pandev to prevent him turning.

The amount of time Pandev had in the box, considering how many defenders we had back, was ridiculous.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
i disagree... we had a lot of counter attacks in the second half but we wasted it... i think Giovinco was going to make it more dangerous cause our left flank was going hard....
some of these counter attacks were not taken by iaquinta, but you will also have seen how many times iaquinta did run past his marker to receive those balls that were blast over him. it's debatebable, but i think giovinco with his less body power would have found it more difficult to just compete for the balls that were blasted to the front. iaquinta is pretty fast and has also a body to put in where the defenders would have an easier job heading the ball away before gio even could dream about receiving the ball on his height.

did you see the chance were iaquinta played the ball from the left corner of their box to amauri who was just 16 metres away from goal ? he did waste the chance with a shot attempt that you could read about in the gazetta dello sport from last week. both were not good tonight and when gio would have given that pass nothing else would have come out of it.

claiming that giovinco would surely have helped us to win is just not right.
people here make it look like it was 100% sure that giovinco would have made us win, but the chance of him having an impact is upmost 50/50 if you look at it realistically

people talk like giovinco is some messi, but forget that the kid does not score much and amauri was pretty much a ghost today so it is debatable again if he would have scored, even when gio would have gave him a good pass or two.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Saying Giovinco would not have any effect on the match is not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but probably just dumbest thing I've heard today. Maybe. Iaquinta was a farce from what I saw and Amauri could have used somebody who could open up play and get him the ball. The amount of space out there for Seba to work with could have brought results.

If some people here don't see the use in fielding Giovinco, then they should stop being pussies, step up to the plate, and insist on selling the kid for a profit. Why? Because it only makes flippin' sense.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Chiellini's marking on rocchi's goal was extremely poor, I don't think him and melberg make a good pair, both use their feet before brains, we need brains next to chiellini, that's why I can't wait for legro to return.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
claiming that giovinco would surely have helped us to win is just not right.
No one can say that things definitely would have been different if Giovinco had been on.

people here make it look like it was 100% sure that giovinco would have made us win, but the chance of him having an impact is upmost 50/50 if you look at it realistically
Don't you think a 50/50 gamble is worthwhile when the game is going against you?

No substitution is guarateed to work. You can only make the changes that you believe can impact the game in a positive way.

people talk like giovinco is some messi, but forget that the kid does not score much and amauri was pretty much a ghost today so it is debatable again if he would have scored, even when gio would have gave him a good pass or two.
Giovinco should have gone on to fill the massive gap between our midfield and forwards. This could have helped us to keep possession and it would have given the defence a break from the incessant Lazio attacks.

If that had worked, we could have thought about trying to win the game. I wanted Giovinco on to improve the chances of us holding on to the lead.

Hell, I would even have brought Salihamidzic on for a striker to play LM and push Nedved up to try and fill the gap between midfield and attack. Anything to try and stop Lazio dominating the game.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Chiellini's marking on rocchi's goal was extremely poor, I don't think him and melberg make a good pair, both use their feet before brains, we need brains next to chiellini, that's why I can't wait for legro to return.
Legro is inconsistent and I'd like if we buy some DC this summer.Or just bring back Criscito.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Ranieri is just so weak at reacting to situations
did you watch champions league last matchday ?
it is not only ranieri who looks pretty clueless when his team suffers and who does make substitations pretty late. other top coaches do it too (you consider coaches of clubs that play champions league a top coach, don't you).

demanding that your coach can turn around a game with his subs it nice thinking, but was it that way we would always turn around games, even when we lose and always win. that is just not realistic and just watch mourinho ... he is not even better at times and just has to watch his team go under.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Chiellini was only partially at fault for that goal.

There are limits to how much can be done when a pass is as perfectly weighted as that one was.

There should, however, have been more pressure on the player playing the pass to make it as hard as possible for a good pass to be played.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We do not have the quality defense to withstand ongoing heavy pressure. Our players make too many silly mistakes and stupid fouls. Lately I have been unimpressed with Chiellini and sadly he is our only good defender. How Pandev scored is beyond me. No one should be given that much time to turn AND THEN shoot the ball in the box, that is horrible defending.

Grygera and Marchionni is a disaster waiting to happen on the right side. God help us if we don't get a new RB, CB and sub to Camo. We seriously need a major upgrade in our defense. Hard work from Grygera, Molinaro and Mellberg will not win us anything, we need intelligent defending not just hard workers.

Its disturbing that our worst player is the only one that scored today, regardless if the ref screwed us on IQ's goal. I have speechless after this game to lose our lead and then lose the game. Why did CR take Sissoko off? Tiago should have been the first to go in my opinion offering pretty much nothing while he was in today. Poor Gio again...Its too bad CR doesnt show half the faith in him as he does in Marchisio, and the really curious part of that is that when he does finally use Gio he always ends up doing something great for the team like setting up a goal or chances.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)