[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 3 - 0 Catania (1/14/2009) (4 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Just check what all the big sports papers give assist as. Its prolly identical to your count. Because I hardly think they count rebounds, and DEFENITELY would they count getting fouled for a pk. That description is flimsy, NO WAY pks are counted.
PK is always counted as an assist, except if the penalty was made over the guy who scores the PK.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I only checked the matches where there were less assists than goals. I opened the thread with the 2008/09 stats and i checked which are the matches where there were more goals than assists. Since i more or less remember how were our goals scored i knew where to check and what goals to check.
:tup:

Nije ni cudo sto si istoricar. :D

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
my ratings :

Buffon-6 ( good to see him back )
Grygera-6.5
Legro-6.5
Ariudo-6 ( this kid needs a haircut but he is good )
De Ceglie-7 ( give him more time as a LB and u will see)
Sissoko-6.5
Zanetti-7 ( our creative CM )
Marchionni-5.5 ( he runs every where but without effect )
Amauri-7.5
Del Piero-8
Giovinco-8.5 (our best tonight )

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
About assists, my experience is that in Serie A you basically need to serve a guy an open goal for the assist to count. Passing sideways to a guy that dribbles their whole defense and finnishes = no assist. Rebound = Definitely no assist.
It should be like the NHL damnit, where all you need to do in order to get an assist is practically be on the ice.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Marco was not that bad.He also scored the first goal.
He also assisted the third goal after a great dribbling, he created couple more chances and he found himslef in one or two more chances. And this happened only in the second half.
It;s strange that HAZEM thinks he was running without an effect tonight.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
my ratings :

Grygera-6.5
Legro-6.5
Sissoko-6.5
Amauri-7.5
Del Piero-8
So I'm guessing he got -0,5 due to his haircut?

Aug 17, 2007
i really think you're making too much of giovinco's performance...he was very good, but he had much better games, like vs.catania in serie a this term. i think marco and zanetti were the best in the midfield

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
my ratings :

Grygera-6.5
Legro-6.5
Sissoko-6.5
Amauri-7.5
Del Piero-8
WTF? I am critical of Marchionni when he is his usual self, but his SCORES and ASSISTS (the assist to Ale was a great counter run), and in general is quite dangerous, creating and making tireless useful runs all game long, and you diss him? :shocked:

Fair is fair, dont judge him on past performances. He should have higher rating then everyone except Zanetti, Gio and Del Piero. Prolly same rating as Amauri.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #252
    WTF? I am critical of Marchionni when he is his usual self, but his SCORES and ASSISTS, and in general is quite dangerous and making tireless useful runs all game long, and diss him? :shocked: Fair is fair, dont judge him on past performances. He should have higher rating then everyone except Zanetti, Gio and Del Piero. Prolly same rating as Amauri.
    :lol2:

Gotta like your reaction

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    his goal doesn't change the fact that he was the worst player today .......
    Man, you are a frigging CLOWN. Seriously.

There is no way anyone can say someone who scored one goal and assisted 1 goal, basically being the most productive of the whole team together with Del Piero, to being the worst player.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    Just check what all the big sports papers give assist as. Its prolly identical to your count. Because I hardly think they count rebounds, and DEFENITELY would they count getting fouled for a pk. That description is flimsy, NO WAY pks are counted.
    Have you seen the table and statistics on Aftonbladet?

They have a half time points table, we lead Serie A by a margin there.

HAZEM

L'architetto
    Apr 22, 2008
    So I'm guessing he got -0,5 due to his haircut?
    if it is his haircut i would give him -6 not 6 .... i think he wasn't as good as Legro that's it .....

i really think you're making too much of giovinco's performance...he was very good, but he had much better games, like vs.catania in serie a this term. i think marco and zanetti were the best in the midfield
    i know it wasn't his best game but he deserves it ....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Have you seen the table and statistics on Aftonbladet?

They have a half time points table, we lead Serie A by a margin there.
    We lead with 40pts while Inter have 35 :)

Why can't a player assist himself?
    You think it's logical?
    Dunno, but i don't find it logical. The player gets a goal, i don't think it's ok to give him an assist and a goal for the same goal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)