[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 22, 2013) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Barzagli

• Vidal

• Pogba

• Giovinco

• Peluso

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Storari
Barza - Bon - Caceres
Isla - Marrone - Pogba - Marchisio - Peluso
Giacch
Matri​
I'd expect that to be the team.

Only thing that might change would be Padoin at LWB and Peluso playing LCB, if Conte wants to rest Caceres or Barzagli.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This should be a very tough match for us. I wouldn't be too keen on resting too many players, considering we already have a few key ones injured and suspended already.

I'd play Peluso as LWB instead of defense.

delpiero4life

Mar 23, 2010
I think Conte confirmed the 3-5-2 when he said ' Peluso will either play left of defense or left of midfield. '

I think Marrone has had some good moments coming from the whole/pocket position, is there a chance of this?

Storari

Baz Bon Caceres

Padoin Vidal Pog Marchisio Peluso

Marrone

Matri

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
I'd expect that to be the team.

Only thing that might change would be Padoin at LWB and Peluso playing LCB, if Conte wants to rest Caceres or Barzagli.
yea, ideally one of the back three should be rested with short break and upcoming schedule, but then again it's a tricky game to play Peluso back there (coming from that sort of debut). It'd be much better to let him work the flank and probably redeem himself. Perhaps that's what Conte's dueling on.
With the way Padoin's been playing, he's a no brainer and I reckon he will start somewhere. But I'd like Marrone to start and Isla, if he's ever going to turn things around this season, this is the type of match for him.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
It looks like we have pretty limited options available. Lazio will park the bus like always and if we couldn't break them down at full strength then what is our bench going to do?

I think I would opt for a more counter-attacking approach.

I think if Isla, Giach and Matri are cemented in our lineup then counter-attacking is our best option. Those 3 players seem to perform best in those situations. I would use Giach as a SS or as the LWB. Isla of course as RWB would probably benefit greatly in that game style.

I basically see those 3 guys filling 4 of our attacking roles being RWB, LWB, SS and CF. Not sure who else is available for those roles in this game. Ideally I wouldn't mind Isla-Giach wingbacks and Gio-Matri partnership. Lazio doesn't really murder people down the flanks so I think we could hold up there as long as we're organized.

If Gio is sitting then I guess Padoin or Peluso will have to take up a wingback spot but they're not particularly appealing ideas there for me offensively. Perhaps one of them starts there and we feel out the game.

Lazio is just so hard to break down that I wonder if it's really that smart to try and control possession and score with proper build-up when we probably lack the quality to do that in this match.

I'm also not a fan of the work-rate from Marrone and Pogba that's necessary in our normal style. I think only 1 can play at a time. In a countering style, however, I think both can fit. They are smart positionally and very strong in challenges. And of course, vision and long balls.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
It looks like we have pretty limited options available. Lazio will park the bus like always and if we couldn't break them down at full strength then what is our bench going to do?
Have faith man, our supposedly weakened team just thrashed Udinese 4-0. Conte will find the answer, if not in the first half then definitely the second :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)