[Coppa Italia] JUVENTUS 1-1 Lazio (January 22, 2013) (31 Viewers)

MoM

• Barzagli

• Vidal

• Pogba

• Giovinco

• Peluso

Results are only viewable after voting.

A D A M

Oct 28, 2008
If Conte is as smart as I think he is, we will see this..

..................Storari
.....Barzagli-BonBon-Caceres
Isla-Vidal-Marrone-Marchi-Giach
.................Pogba
.......................Matri

Playing with at least 5 player capable of playing in more than one place makes it easy for him to change tactics around as the situation requires during the game without needlessly wasting substitutions earlier than necessary.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Sky is predicting:
Storari
Barzagli - Marrone - Bonucci
Isla - Padoin - Pogba - Marchisio - Peluso
Giaccherini
Matri​
I'm happy with that lineup. Nice to see Isla in the RWB role again and gives some precious game-time to Marrone, Padoin, Peluso and Giaccherini. They all should be eager to impress and put in some good performances.

Don't know if we have enough upfront to cause Lazio too many problems though. Interested to see how Pogba fair playing in the Pirlo role again, I wanna see if his creative/play making abilities will be used or if Marchisio will shoulder most of the creative responsibility.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I wouldn't expect Juve to be able to dominate game the way they would if they were at full strength, so Lazio are likely to have a reasonable amount of possession, which means there might actually be a game rather it just being Juve attacking and Lazio defending.

That could play into Juve's hands.

Lazio are far better at defending when it's just a question of sitting deep and keeping things compact than they are when the game is more open and they are required to defend in bigger spaces.

The Matri-Giaccherini front two may also be rather well suited to this game.

The Lazio CBs (with the exception of Ciani) are pretty slow. The mobility of the Matri-Giaccherini pairing could cause them trouble if the game does turn out to be relatively open.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
pretty meh lineup; too many average players (and players I dislike) in that starting 11. It'd be nice to see Marrone play in his preferred/natural position but I guess it's ok to keep deploying him a la Asamoah as long as the results keep coming.

It's going to be a difficult game and that front two hardly inspires confidence. It's a shame we are missing Gio, Vuci, and even Quag.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
pretty meh lineup; too many average players (and players I dislike) in that starting 11. It'd be nice to see Marrone play in his preferred/natural position but I guess it's ok to keep deploying him a la Asamoah as long as the results keep coming.

It's going to be a difficult game and that front two hardly inspires confidence. It's a shame we are missing Gio, Vuci, and even Quag.
Giaccherini and Matri are in better form than Giovinco and Quagliarella.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)