[Coppa Italia] Finale: Juventus - Naples Soccer (20-May-2012) (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
blʘndu;3682400 said:
we used him in all the coppa games, it would've been unfair to him to not start him...but esti and jean are subs even for coppa games. poor matri..
was probably decided from the start of the season that he would be #1 in the Coppa, I dont see why Conte should have reneged on that decision just because we made the Final.
Winning (or at least increasing your chances of winning) is more important than keeping an individual happy.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Winning (or at least increasing your chances of winning) is more important than keeping an individual happy.
yes true, but Del Piero's last game could not be from the bench. and that was worth a coppa imo not that i think his inclusion cost us the cup. We had a tough start of teh game we weather the storm and then against teh run of play we give up a real dumb PK, after that we were unlucky.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Im pretty sure del piero would have been happier to come on in the 60th and probably win the game, than to start the game and lose. If we had starting with out full strength line up (no borriello, esti and storari) there is a good chance in the 60th minute we could have had a lead. Hence ale could have came on for matri or quag whoever should have been playing alongside vucinic, and then we probably would have held on to the lead. Ofcourse this is all hypothetical, but just a theory that I think some people would agree on.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
blʘndu;3682476 said:
100% agreed...and i don't understand conte. i even wouldn't had started del piero..
It's not just an individual. It's okay if he sacrificed Del Piero, but he didn't need to Start, Storari and Esti.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Buffon
Licht-Barzagli-Bonucci-Caceres
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Pepe-Matri-Del Piero​

It isn't that complicated.
Thankyou! I don't understand why people keep bringing up the chiellini and DC injuries. ^ This line-up would have won it, or atleast put up a better fight

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
Thankyou! I don't understand why people keep bringing up the chiellini and DC injuries. ^ This line-up would have won it, or atleast put up a better fight
Chiellini and DC injuries are a problem because Caceres plays right-back and centre-back. Those are his positions. Not left-back, he played left-back in an 'emergency' situation, and he looked out of place. In RB and CB he's great.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
When he played in an 'emergency situation', he in fact played as a left wing back not as a left back; which is different. He was asked to play higher up the field and was more involved consequently in the offensive phase, so that's why he wasn't comfortable considering it wasn't even his favored side.

In fact, he already played left back numerous times with Uruguay and did good there.

juve901

The Strategist
Jul 8, 2008
When he played in an 'emergency situation', he in fact played as a left wing back not as a left back; which is different. He was asked to play higher up the field and was more involved consequently in the offensive phase, so that's why he wasn't comfortable considering it wasn't even his favored side.

In fact, he already played left back numerous times with Uruguay and did good there.

So, as I understand it, left isn't his favored side, right? And you're saying being that left is not his favored side, playing on that side in an offensive role made it even more-so uncomfortable?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
yes true, but Del Piero's last game could not be from the bench. and that was worth a coppa imo not that i think his inclusion cost us the cup. We had a tough start of teh game we weather the storm and then against teh run of play we give up a real dumb PK, after that we were unlucky.
I'd be willing to make an exception for Del Piero, particularly when Juve's forwards - other than Vucinic - have been far from impressive recently.

There's no way I'd be playing Storari or Borriello just because they'd done the leg work of getting to the final, though.

Aug 1, 2003
why's everyone complaining about starting storari? it's not like he's some subpar keeper, that man is as good a starter at any other club. he's been playing all the coppa games, I feel it is only right to let him play the final since he contributed to us getting there. why take that away from the man?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I've already forgot this game, even tho I don't think anyone in this forum wants the Coppa more than me lol, don't really care much for it as long as we win the 10th before Roma does, I'm cool.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
why's everyone complaining about starting storari? it's not like he's some subpar keeper, that man is as good a starter at any other club. he's been playing all the coppa games, I feel it is only right to let him play the final since he contributed to us getting there. why take that away from the man?
because someone has to be blamed, seem to have forgotten his brilliant save in the opening minutes.

one mistake, and all of a sudden he's a leper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)