[Coppa Italia] Finale: Juventus - Naples Soccer (20-May-2012) (1 Viewer)

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Poor showing from us yesterday...nothing seemed to work the way we would have wanted.

That being said, WHY DIDN'T WE GET A PK? Fuck those lousy refs!

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Some of you guys need to start living in the real world. It has been a long season, the players have been celebrating their scudetto win for two weeks and Alex Del Piero is leaving. We were never in this final mentally and that's normal. This is the first true trophy in many years for Napoli and Hamsik, Cavani and Lavezzi (arguably a, by now with an aging Alex, far more talented attacking line than we have) were very determined. We were always going to lose, but to be frank, I don't care one bit about the Coppa.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Poor performance.

Bad decision by Conte to start Borriello and The Waterboy which guaranteed next to no movement.

Also didn't like starting Storari. Not starting your best team in a final sends out the wrong message.

Team generally lacked intensity - not particularly surprising having just won the title - and the lack of movement meant the game was quite reminiscent of some of the early 3-5-2 games this season.

The game was pretty flat for the most part and just came down to one terrible decision from Storari, while Napoli remained pretty solid.

Still, I don't grudge Napoli the win. The clearly wanted it more and they deserve something for their good play over the last couple of years.

Inler was the best player on the park.
:tup:

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
- This was 4th Coppa Italia win in a row for Pandev. He won it in 2009 with Lazio, in 2010 and 2011 with Inter and in 2012 with Napoli

- Hamsik scored his 6th goal against us. Nobody scored more against Juve post Calciopoli.

- The other players who scored a lot against Juve after Calciopoli are Cavani (5), Di Vaio (5), Pandev (4), Pellissier (4) and Giovinco (4).
Hamsik always like shiit but for some reason he comes out of nowhere and scores against Juve. So annoying.

---------- Post added 21.05.2012 at 23:11 ----------

can't get any gayer!

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
@Red

I believe it was the right decision to start Storari...it was his tournament. It wouldn't have been cool to bench him, it would destroy his motivation totally.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
@Red

I believe it was the right decision to start Storari...it was his tournament. It wouldn't have been cool to bench him, it would destroy his motivation totally.
I understand the thinking behind the decision.

I just think it sends out the message that Juve aren't that bothered about winning the Coppa.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, are we? I'm not that shattered...that tells something. :boh:
I don't know if folk are.

I find it very hard to gauge just how much Italian teams care about the Coppa.

Coming from Scotland I am of the opinion that winning the Cup is a big deal.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006

I just think it sends out the message that Juve aren't that bothered about winning the Coppa.
we used him in all the coppa games, it would've been unfair to him to not start him...but esti and jean are subs even for coppa games. poor matri..

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

was probably decided from the start of the season that he would be #1 in the Coppa, I dont see why Conte should have reneged on that decision just because we made the Final.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Some of you guys need to start living in the real world. It has been a long season, the players have been celebrating their scudetto win for two weeks and Alex Del Piero is leaving. We were never in this final mentally and that's normal. This is the only trophy in many years for Napoli and Hamsik, Cavani and Lavezzi (arguably a, by now with an aging Alex, far more talented attacking line than we have) were very determined. We were always going to lose, but to be frank, I don't care one bit about the Coppa.
fixed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)