[Coppa Italia] Finale: Juventus - Naples Soccer (20-May-2012) (13 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Do you think its a coincidence that we are always the victims of refs mistakes when we play against Napoli?
Remember what the refs did to us, even in serie B, remember yesterday, Aronica's red card non shown, for protecting the game balance, but no hesitation on Quaq's.
Aronica's penalty not given, but no hesitation on Storari's.
DP's 1on1 called as offside, but Hamsik's was game on.

Just a coincidence, huh? When we prepare for such an important game, we should calculate, that such "coincidences" are bound to happen to their favor, as they always do. We know that they play dirty, that the refs allow them to and that they hate us.
We should not give the pleasure, we should not give them silverware that can help them become stronger and keep their 3 tenors.

And yet, Conte has chosen to gift them the cup, give them the pleasure.
Has chosen to end DP's career in misery, has chosen to throw away the silver star, after all we have been through.
The players we saw yesterday was not the coppa Italia team.
Borriello was not part of that.
And even so, the ancient excuse of the coaches, to encourage the squad players, is not respected after the season is over and esp not in finals.
DP could be the only exception, as its his last game ever with us. Everybody would understand that without protest.
There are no excuses, bar the one we make to our selves. It was a major blow and shows that there is a maximum we can do under Conte...

We surely need more quality depth in the defense and left flank, but this has been 7 years issue, we fail to treat...
We also need a Cavani class finisher, but Marotta cannot reach that class, dont fool your selves, we cant go much further than that...

We could beat the cup though, even with the refs actively trying to take it from us, even with Bonucci, Caceres and EstiG not stopping anything coming from our left flank. And Storari being better than Buffon only at penalties.
We could win this if we had the proper tools that could allow us to threaten them upfront.
The proper tools to accompany DP, Vucinic was mandatory for this match, so as dropping Borriello, i dont know why Conte loves Borriello so much, why has he risked so much to impose him, why he continues doing so, despite so many failures, but i know that playing with such a handicap, on your own will, you invite your darl destiny.
We were lucky once or twice, to win despite the handicap we imposed to our selves, but we cant be that lucky forever and esp not when its so much at stake... We almost lost the championship after Borriello's acquisition and Conte has chosen to lose the cup too.
This makes me dread for the future, Conte has found his Molinaro and he has already sacrificed a title and a half for him!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Edinson Cavani of Napoli is hoping that Coppa Italia success is just the first of more major honours at the Stadio San Paolo.

The Uruguayan scored the opening goal in Sunday’s Cup Final against Juventus before Marek Hamsik made it 2-0.

“We deserved this triumph,” the South American stated as the club lifted a trophy for the first time in 22 years.

“We’re happy and we’ll now enjoy this Coppa, as well as thinking about our future targets in Italy and in Europe.”

Cavani has had another goal-filled campaign after netting 33 in all competitions for the Azzurri.

“I share this victory with my family, the fans and all those people who have always stood by me and Napoli,” he added. “They deserve this success and a lot more…”
Ahh the delusion.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
21st lost final for Juventus

1902-1903 - Campionato contro il Genoa

1903-1904 - Campionato contro il Genoa

1905-1906 - Campionato contro il Milan (per rinuncia)

1964-1965 - Coppa delle Fiere contro il Ferencvaros

1970-1971 - Coppa delle Fiere contro il Leeds United

1972-1973 - Coppa dei Campioni contro l’Ajax

1972-1973 - Coppa Italia contro il Milan

1973-1974 - Coppa Intercontinentale contro l’Independiente

1982-1983 - Coppa dei Campioni contro l’Amburgo

1990-1991 - Supercoppa Italiana contro il Napoli

1991-1992 - Coppa Italia contro il Parma

1994-1995 - Coppa UEFA contro il Parma

1996-1997 - Champions League contro il Borussia Dortmund

1997-1998 - Champions League contro il Real Madrid

1998-1999 - Supercoppa Italiana contro la Lazio

1998-1999 - Spareggio UEFA contro l’Udinese

2001-2002 - Coppa Italia contro il Parma

2002-2003 - Champions League contro il Milan

2003-2004 - Coppa Italia contro la Lazio

2005-2006 - Supercoppa Italiana contro l’Inter

2011-2012 - Coppa Italia contro il Napoli

If we'd win half we'd have as much trophies as Real Madrid :cry: When will this fuckin curse end FFS?! :groan:
Watch us lose the Supercoppa too in August...

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
If we played this lineup, I think we would've won the coppa

Buffon

Barzagli - Bonucci - Caceres

Licht - Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio - Pepe

Del Piero - Matri

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
RAMI¹⁰;3681944 said:
:agree:

We apparently have the "final" complex or as you said "curse" :(
All of Italy always wants us to lose, that's why... doesn't matter where we play, they want us to fail... all that negativity is fucking us up, might sound superstitious but I believe this.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I don't get how some of us here are neutral about this defeat. It hurts. Feels like a proper loss. I don't mean it as a complaint. Its just that after 6 years of such a barren patch I'd expect our team to at least respect the fact that they are in a final playing for a trophy. We should really have been going for the double to make up for all the lost time when the club and fans have seen such turmoil. It's ok to have lost to another team, but it's not ok to have lost before setting foot on the pitch. That's what happened last night. Nobody cared.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's our first loss for over a year IN A FINAL, of course it hurts. Coming one week after our scudetto win, it makes it much less painful.

We didn't play our best 11, mainly because Conte wanted to embrace that 'team spirit'. Wrong timing by Antonio. Though, if we got that penalty just minutes before HT, with Del Piero scoring, it would've been totally different for sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)