[Coppa Italia] AC Milan 1-1 JUVENTUS [February 13th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 7, 2003
We have Brescia at home though this weekend, surely we can prioritize a 1/2 final derby away to Milan regardless of Milans current state over a home game vs the second last in Serie A? Its the least important trophy, but its still a trophy, should be in it to win it, at least thats what I would want from the coach and the team...
Good point, i didn't check against whom we are playing next. You are also right that it is still Milan and prestigous game. I tought we should rest players to prevent injuries.

Buy on AliExpress.com

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Good point, i didn't check against whom we are playing next. You are also right that it is still Milan and prestigous game. I tought we should rest players to prevent injuries.
Yeah, I got that, but with our luck we can easily rest some players for a specific game and then have them injured in training or during the warm-up... :D

I want a win tonight, if Sarri thinks he can win with few key players on the bench I`m ok with that, if he actually wins the game, of course. Two away losses in a row, even if an away draw at two-legged tie is a decent result I wont be satisfied, especially as the next away game is vs SPAL just before Lyon game and probably will see some rotation there.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
sarri: pjanic is tired (he's been warned about it by the physio squad more than a month ago, it was time to realize it. better late than never i guess)
also sarri: pjanic will start

giphy.gif

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
sarri: pjanic is tired (he's been warned about it by the physio squad more than a month ago, it was time to realize it. better late than never i guess)

giphy.gif
Seems like the man knows how to ignore warning signals, both football and health related.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
When did he say that?
yesterday:
https://www.football-italia.net/149945/sarri-juve-pressure-normal
“He started the season in good form, now he is suffering from fatigue, but he will return to his level, it’s normal that this can happen during the season.”

didn't read or see the original italian press conference, it might be a bad translation. but even if it is a mistranslated quote, pjanic already said in november that he feels tired, and some reports emerged before the udinese coppa game saying sarri was recently warned by the physio staff about pjanic showing signs of overuse.

Jun 7, 2003
yesterday:
https://www.football-italia.net/149945/sarri-juve-pressure-normal
“He started the season in good form, now he is suffering from fatigue, but he will return to his level, it’s normal that this can happen during the season.”

didn't read or see the original italian press conference, it might be a bad translation. but even if it is a mistranslated quote, pjanic already said in november that he feels tired, and some reports emerged before the udinese coppa game saying sarri was recently warned by the physio staff about pjanic showing signs of overuse.
It wasn't mentioned in the official Website, yesterday. Only that Pjanic started good in the season and Sarri is convinced that he will return to being decisive again.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
We have Brescia at home though this weekend, surely we can prioritize a 1/2 final derby away to Milan regardless of Milans current state over a home game vs the second last in Serie A? Its the least important trophy, but its still a trophy, should be in it to win it, at least thats what I would want from the coach and the team...
That would be the Supercoppa actually, unless you mean among the season-long trophies.

It's just that our path seems so easy on paper, it would be a waste not to go for it 100%. It is a proper trophy.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
That would be the Supercoppa actually, unless you mean among the season-long trophies.

It's just that our path seems so easy on paper, it would be a waste not to go for it 100%. It is a proper trophy.
Yeah, I mean trophy that you have to play several games to reach the final, Supercoppa has close to none meaning and relevance to me, especially during Allegri`s domestic doubles, where you are the champion and the cup winner yet you have to play vs a random loser to claim something that should have been automatically given to you for your accomplishment during the season. And if that was indeed the rule, maybe most of the teams who fight for the title would take the cup very seriously (in general, not only in Italy), because it has some prestige to end the season as a champion and a cup winner and get 3 trophies instead of 2...

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

giphy.gif
How could pjanic complete his 1600 passes per game if he doesn't start?
He is a man on a mission.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I couldn't care less about the Coppa. I just hope we show up and play football, not this pseudo passive BS we have been displaying lately.

I'd probably take a draw here - exert the minimum required effort to get a result, and finish the job at home.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

giphy.gif
Also part of the reasons why I can't stand him. He overuses players until they can no longer deliver. His previous teams performed well at first and didn't deliver when it mattered and this is one reason.

Next in line for this problem is obviously Alex Sandro

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
I couldn't care less about the Coppa. I just hope we show up and play football, not this pseudo passive BS we have been displaying lately.

I'd probably take a draw here - exert the minimum required effort to get a result, and finish the job at home.
I'd push to seal qualification tonight and rest many players for the 2nd leg, when the game is between Inter's game and CL I think...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)