Copa America 2016 Centenario - General Discussion (5 Viewers)

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
There's far too much money in football today. It's the root of both the decaying level of international football, and the imbalance between the haves and have-nots in club football.

The vast majority of players just aren't willing to put that much on the line for country any longer. It's not worth it, when they're getting 8 figure contracts for their clubs. Sure, the charm of winning WC, Euros, Copa is still there, but nowhere near to the same extent it was in the past.
:tup:

And thats why i love argie league, last 8 leagues have been won by 8 different teams with most players making a 100 euros a week and playing their hearts out in stadia with great atmospheres.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
:tup:

And thats why i love argie league, last 8 leagues have been won by 8 different teams with most players making a 100 euros a week and playing their hearts out in stadia with great atmospheres.
:agree:

Passion, joy, pride, heart... all those things go a long way to make up for the lesser quality.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think they were protesting a Mexican player who stopped the defender (Jimenez?) from closing out the player who eventually passed it to Rafa. But I don't think that player was offside either.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Uruguay players are such a bunch of cunts. Cavani being the main one. And this is from someone who wants Mexico to lose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)