Copa America 2016 Centenario - General Discussion (3 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Uruguay's FA president said that it was a mistake to play the cup in the US and that this cup was 'made' for Mexico :lol:

Well, remember what happened in the last golden cup to panama and jamaica.

Fifa must be very careful with the mexico games.

Dont want to stir controversy but what happened last time was suspicious at the very least.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Well, remember what happened in the last golden cup to panama and jamaica.

Fifa must be very careful with the mexico games.

Dont want to stir controversy but what happened last time was suspicious at the very least.
Yeah, I remember. Specially against Panama there were a lot of dark moments in that game.

But did you saw anything suspicious when Mexico beated Uruguay last night? I think the refereeing was not the best ever but nothing near to justify saying something like that.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
Right, to me it just sounds like he's a sore loser.

Mexico has always been disfavored when playing against South American sides, either clubs or NT, the refereeing has always been questionable at best. Now he feels unprotected.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeah, I remember. Specially against Panama there were a lot of dark moments in that game.

But did you saw anything suspicious when Mexico beated Uruguay last night? I think the refereeing was not the best ever but nothing near to justify saying something like that.
No, Mexico won fair and square.

My fear is that you know Mexico has huge fanbase in north America, and they are the ones who fill the stadiums since they have a never ending legion of fans in every state. Also, you know that there are a lot of dark forces which rule the country and also FIFA is still scarred by the corruption scandal.

I just hope everything goes smoothly and the tournament ends in a very entertaining and fair way.

I also dont want the peeps from CONMEBOL saying that the tournament was fixed for mexico to win, or that the central/north american teams are not worth it.

This tournie is very unique and i hope it runs in the best way possible.

adRHCP

Nov 7, 2012
No, Mexico won fair and square.

My fear is that you know Mexico has huge fanbase in north America, and they are the ones who fill the stadiums since they have a never ending legion of fans in every state. Also, you know that there are a lot of dark forces which rule the country and also FIFA is still scarred by the corruption scandal.

I just hope everything goes smoothly and the tournament ends in a very entertaining and fair way.

I also dont want the peeps from CONMEBOL saying that the tournament was fixed for mexico to win, or that the central/north american teams are not worth it.

This tournie is very unique and i hope it runs in the best way possible.
Yeah, I know. There are about 33 million mexicans living in the US as of now. And every one of them wants to come as close to their culture as they can, the Federation knows this and squeezes every drop of love they have for Mexico by going there and playing irrelevant matches with irrelevant players just to get some of those green bills. If it wasn't for México, the tournament probably would've never taken place, specially not in the US. I get that.

Yeah I want it too, but it's not just the CONCACAF that's stained by corruption, CONMEBOL is as well. I don't think they have any moral value to say something like that, and if their ambition wasn't so big they woud've never accepted to play this tournament. If they care so much about their football they shouldn't invite us to the Copa América either, but they know México brings a lot of money to that tournament too. They should have a little bit of shame and keep their mouth shut.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I hope they didnt accepted this format just because o the green dollars.. i dont want to believe that.

But well, money runs the world so i would not be surprosed

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
muslera claiming that when he complained to the assistant ref about one of Mexico's goals last night the assistant made an obscene gesture by grabbing his genitals lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)