Copa America 2015 LIVE thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Nah he just said he had a nice suntan.

But I don't get how Italians aren't white.
Italians are white. X is just salty he's not white himself so he tries to make as many other nationalities as possible not white so he can feel better about himself. I've seen it with other south/central americans

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
no they would go for caucasian, which by the way includes middle easterners and north africans; but practically speaking, the mediterraneans and east euros are not really seen as full on 'whites'.
I know that Mid-Easterns, North Africans and even South Asians are all Caucasian...some are just lighter shade and some darker shade.

Fucken WASPS taking over the meaning of white, bloody Nordicists.

- - - Updated - - -

Only when I was filling out my application forms to the US schools did I realize that i was white :shifty:
Iranians are Caucasians :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
in the US, italians, greeks, serbs... are not considered 'white'
wait wait wait wait

I thought it's the other way around in the US. Nordcists :)D) get all mad because in America North Africans let alone South Euros are considered "white"

White – A person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa.
http://www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
At schools in SA we used read books about the wars in the continent. A good portion of the black population there in Argentina was decimated in one of the wars as they would be sent as the frontline. I remember also reading how they lived in muddy ghettos without hospitals in the worst higienic conditions possible and as they got sick they were forced to stay inside their communities (more like jail if you ask me) so the disease could be kept just within their own people, killing them.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
At schools in SA we used read books about the wars in the continent. A good portion of the black population there in Argentina was decimated in one of the wars as they would be sent as the frontline. I remember also reading how they lived in muddy ghettos without hospitals in the worst higienic conditions possible and as they got sick they were forced to stay inside their communities (more like jail if you ask me) so the disease could be kept just within their own people, killing them.
Damn, you quoted me before I could delete my post :D I saw you answered the question already.

Yeah, that's pretty fucked up. Shame on X's people.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I of course don't remember much of it but google is your friend:

In colonial times, the proportion of Africans hovered around 50 per cent in half of Argentina's provinces. General José de San Martín, the revolutionary who lead the charge to gain independence from Spanish rule, estimated that there were 400,000 Afro-Argentines who could be recruited to his armies. Black men made up 65 per cent of his troops.
The 2010 census puts the Afro-Argentine population at 150,000, or less than half of one per cent.

Although slavery was abolished in Argentina in 1813, many Afro-Argentines were still held as slaves. Emancipation was promised to those who would fight in Argentina's wars. Most African men signed up with hopes of winning their freedom. They were sent to the front lines. Most perished while fighting for a country that did not recognize their rights or humanity.

Until 1853, the law forced slave owners to cede 40 percent of their slaves to military service. The promise of manumission was offered to those enslaved persons who completed five years of service -- a promise rarely kept.

Over the years, overt and covert government sanctions promoted ethnic cleansing and, some say, genocide. Argentina is now South America's whitest country (97 per cent).

Argentinians themselves have purged their African roots from their socio-historical landscape and conscience.

What you won't read in the tourist tomes like Fodor's and Lonely Planet is that the country was built essentially by slave labour. Countless edifices, including the Estancia Santa Catalina of Cordoba, a Jesuit estate founded in 1622 now part of UNESCO's World Heritage sites, were built and maintained by enslaved Africans. This particular estate still has the slave quarters, small mud structures, outside the compound. It is one of few pieces of evidence of slavery remaining.

As Argentina refuses to authenticate the dowry which transatlantic slaves bequeathed to their nation, the truth cannot be contained. Historians uncovered that the tango is an Afro-Argentine endowment as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck Argentina.

http://www.ibtimes.com/blackout-how-argentina-eliminated-africans-its-history-conscience-1289381

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
no they would go for caucasian, which by the way includes middle easterners and north africans; but practically speaking, the mediterraneans and east euros are not really seen as full on 'whites'.
So people like Buffon, Marchisio, Chiellini, Montolivo, etc aren't considered white?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)