Copa America 2011 - General Thread (3 Viewers)

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Is it me or are the European football teams crazy for going loco on Neymar instead of chasing Ganso the same way?
Not that the #10 played great on either of the two matches, but it seems pretty obvious that he has the brain and he is the better player.
Ganzo's touch is just class, you could see he destined to be a great player like the Zidanes, Rivaldos of this world, he's just too smart and his vision and understanding of the game is ahead of his age.
But Neymar potentiel is just sensational, it remain to be seen if he'll ever fulfill his potentienl. High risk, high reward situation. And only teams like RM, Barca, and chelsea have the luxury to buy him and hope he'll be what they tought he was going to be.

May 22, 2007
for what I have seen, Neymar will be another Robinho or Pato level of a player.

Ganso seems to be able to develop into a great player
Neymar is already waaay ahead of where Robinho was at his age. What he needs is develop a footballing brain (as well as bulking up, but that will be easy as soon as he moves to Europe) to utilise his talent, instead of becoming a step over merchant like Robinho is. He needs to follow a similar path to the one CRonaldo took.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Is it me or are the European football teams crazy for going loco on Neymar instead of chasing Ganso the same way?
Not that the #10 played great on either of the two matches, but it seems pretty obvious that he has the brain and he is the better player.
maybe that's because they know they would be a bit too late to the party :D

I finally figured who does Ganso remind me of (not physically):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sócrates

Bianconero can confirm if I'm right or not because I was young when I watched him play and most of what I saw from him were replays of some past games.
I think so too - never seen Socrates live but have seen records of him playing for Brazil NT and Ganso (the one from Santos, not the one from the Copa) does resemble him quite a lot in the way he reads the game and opens up his teammates, the back-heels, movement on and off the ball, etc.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ganso is amazing, though admittedly i haven't seen him as much as i've seen Neymar.

Did you watch Neymar play for Santos? I ask because my old man watching Copa games with me, is asking what is so special about Neymar, he's just another Robinho. I think the Copa isn't doing the kid any justice, the few games i saw him play for Santos in, the guy was an absolute monster.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
So he's another messi!
Man this copa watching is just so painful. The later hours wasted on these games are just crazy. Watching local league is way entertaining!

Wake up latin america! Where the hell is your football?!

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
45 for neymar? not really..you can buy danilo and ganso for that money. he is good, but i've seen him in important matches with high pressure and he always chocked.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Ganso has vision and technique, but looks slow to me.

You'd need to build a team with lots of runners around him to make him effective, I think.

No-one, except Pato, runs off the ball for Brazil, so they are very laboured in possession.

Interesting to see the great Alves being completely dominated by a player I hadn't heard of until the last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)