Copa America 2007 (11 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
We played great until the 65th when Bradley took out our Tacchinardi in midfield... Benny Olsen. After that we had no bite in midfield and that was where we fell apart. Stupid move by Bradley.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Argies will have a field day. USA is not even nearly as good as Serbia and they lost 6-0, so it'll prolly be 10-0 or so tonight.
Just to go by the same shitty logic you've suggested:

The USA tied Italy, Italy beat Germany, Germany beat Argentina.

:eyebrows:
Hah, ye. Well, of course they won't lose 10-0. I expected larger numbers than 4-1 though. Well done, US.
Failed to catch the game myself, being at work. How was it? Were the US of A heavily outplayed or did they put up a fight?

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Usa seem to be doing well, especially as there team is full of unknown players(for those outside USA; in fact i know 4 out of the 22 players available for this match!),
Well, I heard this one guy from Swedish Allsvenskan club Hammarby, Charlie Davids, is in the squad? Pretty shocking stuff, he hasn't scored yet after 11 games. And the Swedish league is ranked below Cyprus and Romanian leagues. :redface:
He's young and talented though, but I fail to see what he's done to earn a spot on the national team.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Riquelme is an overrated little bitch of a player. I swear to God I don't his overrated choker ass anywhere near Juventus.
thats one ridiculous comment, i will find it hard to take you seriously if you say things like this considering the way he played. His sublime control not to mention his little touches of magic.

FYI the play with tevez was so perfect its sick the timing and all; and actually if you guys remember as soon as carlos was subbed in he subtly gestured the play with his hand look for it

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
thats one ridiculous comment, i will find it hard to take you seriously if you say things like this considering the way he played. His sublime control not to mention his little touches of magic.

FYI the play with tevez was so perfect its sick the timing and all; and actually if you guys remember as soon as carlos was subbed in he subtly gestured the play with his hand look for it
Doesn't really matter if you take me seriously or not, Riquelme is a choker and overrated by various people throughout the world. He was not good enough for Barca and choked in his biggest matches for Villareal and also Argentina. Any unbiased football fan will tell you this, so refer to them instead. I don't like Riquelme for this reason and I'm a natural playmaker FFS. I usually like such players but this guy just sucks major ball sack on the big stage. He's the David Beckham of Argentina.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Doesn't really matter if you take me seriously or not, Riquelme is a choker and overrated by various people throughout the world. He was not good enough for Barca and choked in his biggest matches for Villareal and also Argentina. Any unbiased football fan will tell you this, so refer to them instead. I don't like Riquelme for this reason and I'm a natural playmaker FFS. I usually like such players but this guy just sucks major ball sack on the big stage. He's the David Beckham of Argentina.

we are talking about this game, how on earth did he choke?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
we are talking about this game, how on earth did he choke?
I wasn't talking about this game alone. He didn't choke this game but FFS... this is our nation's C squad. My criticism regarding him comes from year after year watching big matches, just itching to observe his supposed "world class" exploits. I'm getting tired of how people overrate him to high heaven.

Joaco

the cronopio
Dec 11, 2005
Copa America so far:

Group A:

Peru 3 - 0 Uruguay
Venezuela 2 - 2 Bolivia

1st Peru, 3 points, +3
2nd Venezuela, 1 points, +0
2nd Bolivia, 1 points, +0
4th, Uruguay, 0 points, -3

Group B:

Chile 3 - 2 Ecuador
Mexico 2 - 0 Brazil

1st Mexico, 3 points, +2
2nd Chile, 3 points, +1
3rd Ecuador, 0 points, -1
4th Brazil, 0 points, -2

Group C:

Argentina 4 - 1 USA
Paraguay 5 - 0 Colombia

1st Paraguay, 3 points, +5
2nd Argentina, 3 points, +3
3rd USa, 0 points, -3
4th, Colombia, 0 points, -5

24 Goals in 6 matches

Goalscorers:

1st, 3 goals, Santa Cruz (PAR)
2nd, 2 goals, Suazo (CHI)
2nd, 2 goals, Crespo (ARG)
2nd, 2 goals, Cabañas (PAR)

NEXT MATCHES:

Group A:

Bolivia - Uruguay
Venezuela - Peru

Group B:

Brazil - Chile
Mexico - Ecuador

Group C:

USA - Paraguay
Argentina - Colombia

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
Are Uruguay going to rise to the occasion? We're about to find out!
Talk about a boring game so far, I know the pitch is horrible but I excepted a better first half than what I saw. Well at least from Uruguay after they were embrassed in their first game.

Hopefully the bring in Recoba in for the second half.

OP
Carlo D

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #140
    Talk about a boring game so far, I know the pitch is horrible but I excepted a better first half than what I saw. Well at least from Uruguay after they were embrassed in their first game.

Hopefully the bring in Recoba in for the second half.
    Yeh, 1'st disappointing game so far. I'm trying to imagine what Alex Ferguson would've said to Diego Forlan in his Man. Utd. days for being unable to control a ball he should have & wasting a good scoring chance.

By the way, nice post by NIHILISTA, giving the tournament stats...nice touch, "J"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)