Confederations Cup (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It was weird watching that match last night. In one game, Brazil sort of "redeemed" themselves. It was as if -- other than Adriano, who has consistently excelled -- they dragged their sorry asses around throughout most of the tournament, and then showed up to play for real in the final. The Brazil last night was not the same Brazil in the previous games in the tournament. And the Argentina last night was not the same either.

Bravo to Adriano and Brazil for such a fine performance. If Brazil enters WC 2006 looking to just hang around long enough to land a knockout punch in the final round as they did in this tournament, there's some scary implications for the rest of the world. But I still feel this is a team capable of blowing games of lesser significance. Must be all those Milan players in the squad. ;)

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Mexico are a better team than you give them credit for. They may not have the big name players that Brazil and Argentina have but they can get the job done.
The get the job done in a Greece kind of way. Effective, buty not always too cool to watch.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Its scary to contemplate what this brazilian squad can do if they get a decent centre back! Brilliant football last night capped with magnificent goals.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
Its scary to contemplate what this brazilian squad can do if they get a decent centre back! Brilliant football last night capped with magnificent goals.
Like Greg pointed out, they don't play like that every night. Otherwise they wouldn't get steamrolled by Argentina 2 weeks ago.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
I watched the previous match too & Roque was a complete disaster not to mention most of the defence. All Argentina did was hold back & hit on quick counters.

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
At the end of the day its a mickey mouse competition that means nothing in the greater scale of things...

The argentina victory the other week was far more important

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++

The get the job done in a Greece kind of way. Effective, buty not always too cool to watch.
When compared to an Argentina or Brazil, you're right. They are more into team play, making the most out of the tools they have, and sticking with a specific gameplan.

But unlike Greece, they are a team that can do more than play one gameplan: hang on defensively with all your might while working for a counterattack goal or wonderfully-timed set piece. Greece won Euro 2004 as a one-dimensional team (though despite everyone knowing that dimension, none of their opponents could still couldn't beat them!). Mexico can defend with a sweeper and play that game, or go on the wing attack, or...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
I said mass caus his actions always have an impact on the team as a whole
In the Confed Cup, I thought he was going for the "red" shoe -- awarded to the player with the most red cards. :p

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by njork10 ] ++
Roque junior is a weapon of mass destruction!!!!!!!! and somehow he always plays for a high profile club.puzzling isnt it
I can't believe Roque Junior is still in the Brazil squad with the likes of Lucio, Alex, Edmilson, Juan and Cris around. He's absolutely hopeless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)