Claudio Ranieri (7 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Simple question: had either Spalletti or Prandelli been available, would you choose them over Ranieri or not?
No. I'm not saying Ranieri is a world class coach, he isn't. But neither are Spalletti and Prandelli. So if we were to replace Ranieri, it would have to be for a world class coach.

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
But you said Prandelli and Spaletti, I am really intrigued to know how much younger they are and more importantly, HOW MUCH BETTER.
All other things being equal (e.g. which players you have at your disposal, etc.), I like Prandelli's and Spalletti's teams' playing style much better. This may be just be my opinion, but I'm convinced that they would've done a better job than Ranieri at Juventus.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
No, because this would disrupt the team's dynamics. But for next season, any time. We are freaking JUVENTUS.
and how have Spalletti and Prandelli shown that they are capable of taking Juventus to the very top?
Ahmed, they are winners... Ranieri is a loser...
You know why? Because they have won more trophies than Ranieri... Oh wait,

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
I don't need to ask Fernando Couto, I saw it live...on the same day Roma had been torn to shreds by Catania (ask Zenga)
I think you're talking about the return leg Ahmed. I was alluding to the imaginary penalty awarded to Inter many weeks earlier. Roma was Serie A's best team last year, period. Juventus was a close second. Inter should've finished third.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
yeah, del piero did help alot, but at the same time at the start of the season (you remember, the time where we actually struggled) he was very selfish dribbling into to much defenders instead of just playing the damn ball to a better positioned teammate who could have had a chance to shoot ... but yeah, that is also ranieri fault ... how dare he to make training so that alex gets so selfish ...
Lol

No need to turn it into Ale to defend Ranieri. We can all defend him without having to blame a thing on Ale.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I think you're talking about the return leg Ahmed. I was alluding to the imaginary penalty awarded to Inter many weeks earlier. Roma was Serie A's best team last year, period. Juventus was a close second. Inter should've finished third.
imaginary penalties have indeed become a norm for the Milan clubs, but that does not take away the fact that Inter won the Scudetto last year...Roma were also pretty good last year but the bottom line is we can't base the rankings on dodgy decisions...in that case we would have won the league by 10 points last season

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
icεmαή;1879206 said:
Ahmed, they are winners... Ranieri is a loser...
You know why? Because they have won more trophies than Ranieri... Oh wait,

When Marcello Lippi took over at Juve, he was 45 and had won nothing, but was known to be a promising manager - that's why Gianni Agnelli chose him. When Ancelotti took over at Milan, he was 43 and had won nothing either. So your point is? What on earth has Ranieri done? However, if he does win Serie A or the CL (or hopefully both), i'll be the first to admit that I was wrong, although people may differ on who should be given credit for a victory.

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Can you name the Chelsea and Valencia champions then? Besides Terry and Lampard whom he bought, and maybe Albelda, I doubt many of the rest are that mentally strong.

And yes, statistics show that Juventus would have won the league if not for refereeing decisions, so hey, Ranieri has won an imagined league which Prandelli and Spalletti cannot claim to have.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
but how should you know such things if the only information about football is from seeing it ... you yourself blamed that ranieri would have told our players to play high balls in the end of a game ... that is just ridiculous, because why should he say that ?

do you think he said "he listen, i know we owned them playing short passes, but NOW we will destroy them playing high balls !!!" ???

it is not all football manager style, where you can click "pause" and change the settings, uncheck the "offside trap" box and so on ... welcome to the real life
You seem to be confusing me with someone else, i never told that bold part. And I agree with you that a coach has to have more than tactical knowledge of the game. And the FM comment, I think its not for me, if it is I realy dont know what i did to deserve it :)

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
Can you name the Chelsea and Valencia champions then? Besides Terry and Lampard whom he bought, and maybe Albelda, I doubt many of the rest are that mentally strong.

And yes, statistics show that Juventus would have won the league if not for refereeing decisions, so hey, Ranieri has won an imagined league which Prandelli and Spalletti cannot claim to have.
Errr...Veron, Mutu, Gallas, Crespo, Makelele....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)