Claudio Ranieri (15 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
no, not really. Not for now but if these decisions cost us in the end then I'm gonna blast him that's for sure and ask for his resignation.
I am sure everyone is going to do that but in the mean time I don't feel like worrying about "these decisions" I'd rather smile at the "other achievements"

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I think what Snoop was suggesting was that it would be foolish to ignore faults, just because we are winning, only to speak about them when results don't go our way.
No-one is ignoring the faults. Look at the live thread and the post-match comments.
Me, you, Jack....we all say that some things could have been done differently, no matter if the match was won (we even criticized Ranieri for replacing Giovinco against Catania, on a match played perfectly by the entire team).

But keep repeating the same things, keep mentioning those faults over and over again, even if they are "one time faults" and weren't repeated anymore, is what i mind.
And it's always the same member(s) who keep repeating these things, which can't be a coincidence, right?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There is a relatively small group of people who are capable of analysing a performance without being unduly influenced by the result.

There are a lot of people who fail to do this, though.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Like I said, I often don't agree with the decisions, but I can understand the reasoning behind them.
I didn't see the Fiorentina match, so I can't really coment on that.

If Nedved was as poor and as tired as people say, then he should have been taken off. However, whilst maintaining the 4-4-2, the options to replace him were pretty limited due to De Ceglie playing at LB and Molinaro's suspension.

A lot of it comes down to mentality. I, like Raneri, am in favour of closing down a game in which you are leading, particularly late on, rather than pushing to try and extend the lead. Folk who go with the 'attack is the best form of defence' mentality are never likely to agree with Ranieri's substitutions.
+reppity rep

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I fail to understand what you mean. But i'll try

You are sure that he'll fail and that's why you don't want to praise his current success?
You attacked him in the past and now you don't want to praise him just because he might fail some day?
whoa! easy there, I don't know what you are after here, but this previous post of mine shows that you are talking non-sense..

I used to ask his head before, but he is doing good lately. I am not saying he is a good coach now, he isn't. But he isn't harming much as before. At the end of the season, he should be replaced imo. That if he doesn't win anything then..

Probably Nedved's worst match so far, I am not with those who bashes Nedved 24/7, I believe he still can give, but Ranieri is killing him, and Fiorentina match was the latest proof.

As for closing down, I am a fan of closing down pressing the opponent, you saw Milan match right? That was the perfect football for me, to start defending putting pressure right from opponent's defensive area. But Ranieri started to act like before, sit behind and give looooong passes to the opponent's defenders, you can't win time like that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What i read from there is: "He's doing good lately BUT he's not a good coach and he's still harming the team but not as much as before. He should be replaced at the end of the season"

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
no, not really. Not for now but if these decisions cost us in the end then I'm gonna blast him that's for sure and ask for his resignation.
Still, people should put their definition of a "successful year" in-order not to bash Ranieri at the end of the season.

Example...

If we reach the CL final and If we lose the Scudetto on 2points difference I can still expect some people calling for Ranieri's head.

On some other note, as Alen mentioned, no one is ignoring some tactical errors that Ranieri is or has done.... I was mad and angry when he took Del Piero off but can I complain a lot? I guess not, because after the whistle we were leading the table.

I wonder what's the case with Inter and Milan fans... they kept talking about their quality players before the season started, they kept pumping cash to their transfers yet they're not doing as expected.

While us(Juventus) on the other hand, or before Serie A kicked off, experts and fans didn't even put us in the top 3 teams to compete for Serie A, and mostly finishing 2nd to Real Madrid in CL.

Ranieri did a difference there and would be sad not to admit it, just because he took out Del Piero and could have cost the team 2points.

Too many things we don't like concerning subs, tactics etc... Personally, I can't stand watching Marchionni playing every single game out there, but I keep forgetting how terrible he was because we don't have too many options and points are what matters.

Don't get scared Mark, writing in general not directed to you.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
@ Alen: It means we should move to the next level and replace him with a winning mentality coach. Weren't you all saying that, that Ranieri should stay until the end of his contract, his job is to re-build the Juve team? or you all became Ranieri Fanatics these days, and arguing for the sake of it? :rolleyes:

Oh, and you are jumping from topic to another, wasn't you who said I am not praising Ranieri when needed?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
No man, in general, to everyone.
No problem then. Cause I remember when I was away you talked about the same topic, but that time you mentioned me (me opening that thread about Ranieri if he should get fired or not), and how stupid was it (even then I voted to keep him in until we get the best option to replace him). What I am trying to say, is I don't want to start that shit with you again or anyone else, neither I want to be your friend.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
It's not about score and statistics only. Almost everyone told after the Fiorentina match that we kept the win thanx to Buffon, so..
oh, and what would have happened if fiorentina would have won ... would you be saying now, that they only won because of frey ? did forget some of his remarkable saves ? so what ? they have frey, we got buffon and both did good saves to prevent goals. it is not like we had an unfair advantage or something.

if fiorentina won we could've said "damn, this prandelli is a loser coach ... they only won because of frey!"""

But Ranieri started to act like before, sit behind and give looooong passes to the opponent's defenders, you can't win time like that.
wow, i am sad that i did not see that game obviously ... how funny must that have been, seeing ranieri run onto the pitch and playing long balls ...

i mean, he is old and stuff, i would not have thought he could still run on the pitch and do that ...

wait a minute ... i did see the fiorentina match and did not see ranieri enter the game !

so in YOUR reality, does their exist the possibility that ranieri did not exactly say "just clear the ball high towards the opponents half" ?

there are situations in football where it is better for the defender to just blast it high away ... that are situations where the defender is under pressure and does not have the time (or technical skill) to find a better solution for that situation. it is often sound to just blast it away, when the opponent is putting pressure on the defenders, instead of trying something that you are not able to!

same goes for the times we have the ball in our own half and play long balls ...

if the defender does not see a simple possibility to play a pass, should he try to dribble past the opponents players until he finds someone he can play the simple pass to ? yeah, that's gonna work ...

NOT for us ...

so when the defender plays the long ball he does then evade the situations where he loses the ball pretty close to our goal and where he is the last line of defense ... it is better for us to probably lose the duell in the attack, because amauri does not get the ball for instance, than having to cope with a quick counter attack, because the opponent gets the ball pretty close to our goal and can just start running at it.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Still, people should put their definition of a "successful year" in-order not to bash Ranieri at the end of the season.

Example...

If we reach the CL final and If we lose the Scudetto on 2points difference I can still expect some people calling for Ranieri's head.

On some other note, as Alen mentioned, no one is ignoring some tactical errors that Ranieri is or has done.... I was mad and angry when he took Del Piero off but can I complain a lot? I guess not, because after the whistle we were leading the table.

I wonder what's the case with Inter and Milan fans... they kept talking about their quality players before the season started, they kept pumping cash to their transfers yet they're not doing as expected.

While us(Juventus) on the other hand, or before Serie A kicked off, experts and fans didn't even put us in the top 3 teams to compete for Serie A, and mostly finishing 2nd to Real Madrid in CL.

Ranieri did a difference there and would be sad not to admit it, just because he took out Del Piero and could have cost the team 2points.

Too many things we don't like concerning subs, tactics etc... Personally, I can't stand watching Marchionni playing every single game out there, but I keep forgetting how terrible he was because we don't have too many options and points are what matters.

Don't get scared Mark, writing in general not directed to you.
-rep

just kidding :spliff:

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
If we are to win anything this year, it will be in spite of Ranieri, not thanks to him. Taking DP off against fiorentina was as bad a decision as when he subbed him against Napoli. Fortunately, all went well and we got away with it. Now he probably decided to leave him out of the Udinese clash because of his angry reaction last saturday...What a jerk. Always trying to steal other people's thunder, like he is the commander in chief who'll lead us to glory. Fact is, if he hadn't been a single defeat away from getting sacked, and if he hadn't been forced to let the team, and especially Del Piero, bring its playing style back to normal (word is Ranieri was set straight in the locker room by the so-called veterans after Napoli), we'd probably be OUT of the CL by now, and 15 points away from Inter & Milan. It's nice to hear people praise Del Piero when he wins'em for us, but we must stand behind the Captain when an incompetent loser like Ranieri falls back into his bad habits and his stupid authoritarian ways...Maybe Secco is with him (remember how those jerks didn't even want to renew his contract)...Anyway, we have a real chance of winning something this year and I hope Ranieri & co won't ruin it all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)