Claudio Ranieri (6 Viewers)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You seem to be confusing me with someone else, i never told that bold part. And I agree with you that a coach has to have more than tactical knowledge of the game. And the FM comment, I think its not for me, if it is I realy dont know what i did to deserve it :)
sorry,
i did not make myself clear enough.

i only quoted you, because you wrote that those coaches in fact did play football ... the rest was not directed to you, but to olikiller

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Errr...Veron, Mutu, Gallas, Crespo, Makelele....
if he had been given one more season I guarantee you he would have made that team champions of England...and even now with Juve, compare our squad to that of last season, it looks ten times better...now we are only missing maybe 1, maximum 2 players to have an amazing squad again

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
if he had been given one more season I guarantee you he would have made that team champions of England...and even now with Juve, compare our squad to that of last season, it looks ten times better...now we are only missing maybe 1, maximum 2 players to have an amazing squad again
We need a good left-winger (someone like Silva), a playmaker (why not Diego) and an additional world-class Central defender, not to mention a valuable replacement for Molinaro...

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
We need a good left-winger (someone like Silva), a playmaker (why not Diego) and an additional world-class Central defender, not to mention a valuable replacement for Molinaro...
I think it has be a Silva or a Diego...yes we could use a better LB, but Molinaro has improved a LOT and doesn't bother me as much as last season anymore...our central defence is really good already, but Legro is 32 so yea I think if we could get one classy guy next to Giorgio then that would be brilliant

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
sorry,
i did not make myself clear enough.

i only quoted you, because you wrote that those coaches in fact did play football ... the rest was not directed to you, but to olikiller
:hug:

If Juve would finish second and reach quarter or semis in the CL i don`t think Ranieru should be replaced, considering the injury crysis, and the expectations all had for juve with such a "poor" transfer summer, I think he has done realy well, and should be given one more year. Third one`s a charm :)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Either you are in bad faith, or you have serious trouble understanding simple statements. I dot not base my judgment on the newspapers, I recommended you look at the facts all by yourself and form your own judgment, and if you still couldn't, then just read the papers which ALL agreed that Ranieri was poorly managing the team. And just so you know, Mourinho actually never played football, neither did Gerard Houiller, so what? Plus, the best players rarely become the best managers...Lippi, Capello, Trapattoni, Benitez were hardly great players in their time. God knows I often disagree with the so-called football analysts, but I can't help but disagree with you if you dismiss their judgment or opinion just because they never player professional football. Focus on their point, not their background or personality. This is important in life. But you know best.
As for injuries, I admit that Ranieri wasn't lucky and had to manage a difficult situation. But come on, Nedved has been LAME for quite a few games now (Fiorentina, Lazio) and still got to play all the time. He needs to rest. Giovinco needs to play. Not calling up DP against Udinese, and put him at least on the bench (you know he needs just ONE free-kick) is very risky. As for the tensions inside the locker room in september/october, I won't even try to convince you. Del Piero was selfish? that is just laughable. So Messi is selfish too, right?
HTML:
Wow, this is very convincing. Sorry.
So the subs he did during the game could have worked (but they didn't), and Chelsea could have won (but they lost 3-1 to a much weaker side managed by a young manager like Deschamps), and Ranieri could have been hailed as a winner, you know, like Lippi, Benitez, Trappatoni, Ancelotti?(but he's a loser and never won any major trophy in over 20 years). And please do no insult me. Think instead.
You've got to be kidding me? the 2004 Chelsea side lacked champions? they were destroyed by MONACO, for god's sake...VALENCIA lacked champions?
Ranieri is an excellent coach for second rank clubs like Fiorentina and Parma. Not for sides like Juventus. Spalletti and Prandelli are far better coaches, although they're much younger.
As far is I'm concerned, in case we end up second, yes he is a loser, Mr Sarcastic. Instead of trying to be a smartass, please take a long, hard look at the facts...If you can't figure it out by yourself, then just read a few in-depth analyses available on Tuttosport, Corriere Dello Sport, la Gazzetta...Everyone agrees that this season's turning point was the Napoli defeat, which was the last of a streak of disastrous results, mainly caused by Ranieri's poor tactics and management. Who said "If I had to choose the line-up based on fame, I should call up Boniperti"? Who said "I'm the manager, not the "talker" ", when asked to speak to important players such as Del Piero? Ranieri had all the veterans against him, and he eventually surrendered for the team's sake, otherwise he'd have been long sacked. We won a lot of games thanks to Del Piero's Free-kicks and strokes of genius, such as the assist against Fiorentina...Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. He won us exactly 21 points (check out yesterday's Tuttosport issue) in Serie A, and the 3 decisive games in the CL.

Come on, Nedved is useless right now and he still gets to play entire games? Giovinco plays 10 minutes at most? One famous Italian minister (of Justice if memory serves me right) admitted he switched off his TV when Ranieri replaced DP with...De Ceglie as we were held to a 1-1 draw against Napoli (we eventually lost 3-1!)

And no, Sir, I don't need to be a qualified manager to drop a few comments about the way our Juve is being managed. If one had to be as "good" as Ranieri to be allowed to criticize him, then all sport newspapers, websites, magazines, TV programs, should close shop immediately. I just want a better manager for our team. Someone like Lippi. a true Juventino can only be satisfied with victory. I feel Ranieri is going back to his arrogant ways, and this could spoil everything we've done so far.
If we are to win anything this year, it will be in spite of Ranieri, not thanks to him. Taking DP off against fiorentina was as bad a decision as when he subbed him against Napoli. Fortunately, all went well and we got away with it. Now he probably decided to leave him out of the Udinese clash because of his angry reaction last saturday...What a jerk. Always trying to steal other people's thunder, like he is the commander in chief who'll lead us to glory. Fact is, if he hadn't been a single defeat away from getting sacked, and if he hadn't been forced to let the team, and especially Del Piero, bring its playing style back to normal (word is Ranieri was set straight in the locker room by the so-called veterans after Napoli), we'd probably be OUT of the CL by now, and 15 points away from Inter & Milan. It's nice to hear people praise Del Piero when he wins'em for us, but we must stand behind the Captain when an incompetent loser like Ranieri falls back into his bad habits and his stupid authoritarian ways...Maybe Secco is with him (remember how those jerks didn't even want to renew his contract)...Anyway, we have a real chance of winning something this year and I hope Ranieri & co won't ruin it all...
:lol: You can turn the lights off now. Never in my life I've heard such many biased, false and invented shit. Are you a Tuttosport journalist by any chance??

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I'm not sure I like your condescending tone. I think Prandelli is better than Ranieri, period. Just my opinion mate, we're not discussing stochastic volatility models.
So it all went down to opinion. And I thought you were claiming stuff based on facts. Like the age for example.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
:hug:

If Juve would finish second and reach quarter or semis in the CL i don`t think Ranieru should be replaced, considering the injury crysis, and the expectations all had for juve with such a "poor" transfer summer, I think he has done realy well, and should be given one more year. Third one`s a charm :)
I cant agree more. I've always supported claudio as our coach, in 2 years he took us from serie b straight back to being a serious contender on all fronts.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It would be virtually impossible to have gathered more points than Ranieri has this season, considering the players he has had at his disposal.

Others may hae gained a similar number of points whilst playing 'entertaining' football, but I don't give a shit about that.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It would be virtually impossible to have gathered more points than Ranieri has this season, considering the players he has had at his disposal.

Others may hae gained a similar number of points whilst playing 'entertaining' football, but I don't give a shit about that.
You missed the whole point apparently. Prandelli and Spaletti's strength does not lie only in their winning mentality, entertaining football and superiority. These two managers have a special talent of signing ir requesting players that don't get injured.

Had Prandelli or Spaletti been managing Juve this season, the Serie A title would have been long sealed and the CL would have been a walk in the park.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You missed the whole point apparently. Prandelli and Spaletti's strength does not lie only in their winning mentality, entertaining football and superiority. These two managers have a special talent of signing ir requesting players that don't get injured.

Had Prandelli or Spaletti been managing Juve this season, the Serie A title would have been long sealed and the CL would have been a walk in the park.
It is a good point.

Damn. How I wish we had those awesome coaches who couldn't organise a defence if their life depended on it...

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Herr V1rtu4l, is it remotely possible that you can argue with someone WITHOUT referencing FM every other sentence? Hmmm? No? Ok.
He wrote big reply to me, I didn't feel the need to read, I mean the nick name ("cool" numbers and all), the avatar, the signature, and even the first line of his post, using "wow" "omg", and lastly his reputation here. I hope he didn't write nice thing, cause what I wrote sounds harsh, not that I care :D

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Herr V1rtu4l, is it remotely possible that you can argue with someone WITHOUT referencing FM every other sentence? Hmmm? No? Ok.
Excellent question. Wanted to ask him that the other day.

He said that to me, Snoop and to you in the Live match thread the other day.

Looks like he's the one who is really into that game, I never played FM, neither did Snoop since he said that he doesn't play Computer games. But one must say this, he's really in-love with the FM thing.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
:lol:

This thread is hilarious with these after battle generals with there "ifs" and "should have", "could have" Ranieri bashing posts crack me up.

where would I get my daily dose of comedy and drama if it wasn't for the great coaches of Juventuz.com?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)