Claudio Ranieri (23 Viewers)

Sep 16, 2007
well a lot of ppl saw the formation as a 433 against roma but i saw as a more of 4312

with Alex as a trequaresta, now he gets full credit for that.As he prepared the game very and the plan we was working well.

I didn't like the way he subs cristicio though, if hes not convinced then don't start him. He is just wasting valuable subs imo. Also its just destroying the young prospect's confidence
True True True... substituting criscito like that could affect his confidence, unless he has patience within and understands the coach point of view.. but its really hard from a players perspective, cos he would be thinkin he aint doin much of a job .... well time would tell.... " IS THE TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSED or BROKEN " we should get a Sure-Starter real Fast...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
well a lot of ppl saw the formation as a 433 against roma but i saw as a more of 4312

with Alex as a trequaresta, now he gets full credit for that.As he prepared the game very and the plan we was working well.
You are right. I'd like Ranieri to continue with that formation, but I think Nedved is more effective in that '1' position than DP(in the shape he seems to be in currently anyhow) is.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Yeah, I don't really like where Pavel is playing, he's much more dangerous playing in the '1' position behind the attackers. But looks like Ranieri and Nedved are both happy with his position.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
True True True... substituting criscito like that could affect his confidence, unless he has patience within and understands the coach point of view.. but its really hard from a players perspective, cos he would be thinkin he aint doin much of a job .... well time would tell.... " IS THE TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSED or BROKEN " we should get a Sure-Starter real Fast...
I understood it in the Calgiari game as it was a shock, since he had such a good game against livorno and in the pre season. Also he struggled in the air in that game more than the roma game.

I think he should plan his selections more, as i think he should've stuck with him or hadn't opted with him from the beginning.
You are right. I'd like Ranieri to continue with that formation, but I think Nedved is more effective in that '1' position than DP(in the shape he seems to be in currently anyhow) is.
Alex was never a good trequaresta imo.

Neddy was very restricted in that role in the middle against roma. And he looked drained towards the end. I understand that but i think someone should've been sacrificed between Alex and neddy and Ranieri didn't want to do that.

Geof

May 14, 2004
Ranieri expects Reggina result
Tuesday 25 September, 2007
Claudio Ranieri is expecting his Juventus side to put pressure on the leading pack with a win against Reggina tomorrow evening.

The Bianconeri have started well and were boosted by a 2-2 draw with Roma at the Stadio Olimpico last weekend after Vincenzo Iaquinta grabbed a last-gasp equaliser.

Juve will be strong favourites against a struggling Reggina side in Turin and will try and take advantage of their rivals’ tough fixtures.

“With all due respect to Reggina, this is a game we must win,” the ex-Parma boss stated.

“They won’t come here and lie down and they can play well as we saw against Roma. They will put up a fight and their 4-3-3 can be very practical and fast.

“We need to keep our feet on the ground and keep playing like we did last Sunday where everyone was ready to sacrifice themselves for the team. We need to play like a smaller club.”

Ranieri opted for a trident attack last weekend with Alessandro Del Piero, David Trezeguet and Vincenzo Iaquinta all starting, but he isn’t certain that he will do the same again.

“I have three stupendous strikers, all with their own unique qualities,” he enthused.

“It’s very hard to leave any of them out. I don’t know how we will line up tomorrow, but the trident is certainly one option.

In defence, the long-term injury to Portuguese stopper Jorge Andrade looks set to give youngster Domenico Criscito a run in the side.

“Despite some unjust criticism, I still have full faith in Domenico,” Ranieri insisted.

“Playing week in week out should give him a chance to show his worth and his ability to deal with situations.”

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Serie A Tim - 25 Sep 2007 - 3:50 PM

Ranieri: “I want us to play like we did in Rome”

Three days after the excellent performance in Rome, Claudio Ranieri and all Juventus supporters have the chance to check the team's progress thanks to a mid-week fixture. Wednesday evening Ficcadenti's Reggina come to the Turin Olimpico, with fewer points than they would've deserved.

The Roma-born coach, who reaches 200 Serie A matches as a Manager with this game, knows what kind of match to expect: “It's another important test. I don't think Reggina will come here just to defend. I watched the video of their match against Roma, they did very well and they blew the match in one single minute, when Roma scored and they had a man sent off. They're a good team, they have their own style and excellent team play, and up front they can rely on a player like Amoruso. They're organized and they'll come here to put up a fight”.

The question about what kind of Juve to expect gets an easy answer. Ranieri wants to see a repeat performance of the one against the Giallorossi. “It's important that we play another excellent match, especially as we'll be at home and things didn't go well the last time we played here. We have to remain with our feet on the ground and play like we did in Rome. The strength of this team is its’ humble attitude, playing like a small team, fighting for every ball. Will I play three up front? I have three marvellous strikers and it's always a shame to keep one of them out. We will see them together again sooner or later, but the important thing is not to lose that attitude”.

The Manager however is not worrying about the attack so much, he’s thinking more about the defence, particularly regarding the search for Andrade's best possible substitute. In any case, Domenico Criscito still remains a player he counts on. “I found criticism against him excessive – concluded the Manager -, he played a good match: he was exceptional in breaking down attacks. He was a bit naive on the first goal, but these things happen when you face a great player like Totti. I still rely on him; he only needs to gather experience and when the team gets even tighter then he'll improve too. He's young and he needs time; besides, other much more renowned defenders made mistakes. Who'll take Andrade's place? I have different solutions to ponder over”.
Source: - Juventus.com

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Congrats, Tink :pint:

BTW We should change the name of this thread a little bit, make it more sophisticated, make it sticky too, cause this guy gives a lot to discuss every matchday ;)

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Ranieri the happy Tinkerman Wednesday 26 September, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claudio Ranieri went back to his Tinkerman ways and emerged with a 4-0 victory over Reggina and a rediscovered Tiago Mendes. “We have a great team spirit.”

Juventus were stuttering after their 1-0 home defeat to Udinese, but a battling 2-2 draw at Roma on Sunday and tonight’s drubbing of Reggina put them just one point off the leaders.

“We have the right spirit. I made some changes in the formation because I have such a good group of players at my disposal made of people who work hard day after day,” explained the Coach.

“We are taking a little more time to build a team, but the important thing at the moment is that we stay close to the top two.”

Alessandro Del Piero was dropped along with several others, as Tiago finally put in a decent performance when used in central midfield and occasionally pushing up to join the forwards.

“Tiago came in today and played a great game. David Trezeguet never fails to hit the net, while Raffaele Palladino also had his chance to shine. We were not very diligent in the first half, but we raised the tempo and it all became much easier.”

With Sergio Almiron injured during the past two games, will the former Empoli man find himself surplus to requirements when he returns?

“It is not a question I put to myself. The important thing for me is to have all the players at my disposal,” added Ranieri.

“Nicola Legrottaglie is also an important player for us. He has come on as a substitute several times and with Jorge Andrade injured, it was natural to focus on him. The fact he scored a goal is no surprise, we know he’s good in the air.”

Another tough test is on the horizon with this weekend’s Turin derby and the Juve boss refused to give hints over his starting XI.

“I can tell you that Gigi Buffon will play. He only went off today because he felt something strange above the knee, but I am not particularly worried. This is also the first time we have kept a clean sheet this season.”

Channel 4

rainhard

May 5, 2004

I didn't like the way he subs cristicio though, if hes not convinced then don't start him. He is just wasting valuable subs imo. Also its just destroying the young prospect's confidence
Agree, for the first part.

But , I think Ranieri did not destroying Criscito confident. and I feel that was tactically substition. Criscito is already booked in the 1st half and he outclassed by Totti . If Cricito got booked again and we played with 10 mans ,then we will absolutely back home without point. We should avoid that to happen.

And that substitution was great , the fact is we are not conceded in 2nd half.
and we are very lucky to get late equaliser. And that was important 1 point for us and very big disadvantage for Roma.

It's like domino's effect now. The game at Rome has great morale effect for both teams. Roma just dominated the game , but we're cleverly steal the precious 1 point and -2 point for Roma. After that goal, they can't fight back to get the full 3 point.

the result in midweek prove that all.

if we lose that game , I can see Roma will continue their 100% record against Fiorentina too. Their not conceded record will not give great effect ( what team can go clean sheet 1 full season ?? sooner or later they will conceded too).

Now I think you all can understand why Ranieri called that draw at Rome as "Great Positive Result".

Next Sunday we will face Torino. This derby will always not the easy one. But the other played hard game too ( Roma vs Inter ) , and draw result for them were very positive to us.

Our Next task : Win the Derby. It's a must

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Serie A Tim - 26 Sep 2007 - 11:49 PM

Ranieri, 200 times lucky
The last thing on Claudio Ranieri's mind tonight was his 200 matches in Serie A record. Beating Reggina was too important, to keep the momentum up and to repeat the performance against Roma. When he arrived in front of Juventus Channel's microphones, the Manager didn't even remember his record: “I'd almost forgotten it. I'm happy with this victory and with our performance. The team stayed humble, tight, they played with a lot of heart. In the first half we couldn't find space and then the two goals at the start of the second half made it easy for us and we were able to play at a certain pace. Having to play three matches in seven days, I wanted to rest a few players and Juventus were still great even changing players around”.
Source:- Juventus.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)