Claudio Ranieri (6 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2003
So, how can you predict the future? Or it's forbidden to think about it based on past facts and we should wait to see what will happen or to buy a crystal ball.

You speak like it's a fact that Ranieri's destined to fail, of course anyboby can have an informed guess or do you know something the rest of us don't? If so can I have this week's Lotto numbers please.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
i think they are being cautious,they dont want to sound over ambitious and say in 3 years we will be competing for the CL or scudetto etc and then if we dont manage that everyones gonna say we failed etc
so 5 years sounds logical thing to say
3 years competing for scudetto, seems realistic.. Although to be honest its best if they didnt mention any numbers here. I understand in them being cautious but its unlikely ranieri is gonna even stay here for that long. With 60 mil euros and possibly many stars staying A CL spot in the next couple of season is more than a realistic target. We aint inter where we have to spend crap loads of money and even then fail to win the scudetto. Deschamp was under pressure in getting us promoted and even when he did he was constantly criticised.. i find it highly odd that to lay out such a "cautious" plan certainly goes against the boards pessimism.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Everyone's upset because Lippi refused to return and now Juventus is stuck with Ranieri. Deal with it. He's experienced and he's good at spotting talent, which probably won't hurt Juventus at all. It's better to be up shit creek with a paddle than without one.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Everyone's upset because Lippi refused to return and now Juventus is stuck with Ranieri. Deal with it. He's experienced and he's good at spotting talent, which probably won't hurt Juventus at all. It's better to be up shit creek with a paddle than without one.
Im not quite sure how good he is in spotting talent to be honest (It could be a combination of him and the scouts) and even so how much of a say will he have with secco remains to be seen. Nevertheless what his definetly good known for is his squad rotation. Infact thats what i love most about him, that his prepared to take off the big stars and make them warm the bench and play an unknown player at times as a replacement. He was infamously known to do that with Aimar, and did it many times at chelsea too, hence the name tinkerman.

malducato1

Dec 26, 2005
To all the people that hate Ranieri as our coach who you would have appointed instead. And lets not say Lippi or Mourhino because it's obvious that they weren't comng.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Who is Ranieri?

Here are some key facts on Ranieri:

* EARLY LIFE:

-- Born in October 1951 in Rome, he began his soccer career as a defender with Roma, Catanzaro and Catania (five years in Serie A). His first coaching job was with amateur side Vigor Lamezia in 1985.

* RANIEIRI AS COACH:

-- In his homeland, the Italian began his managerial career with Campania before guiding Cagliari from the third division into Serie A between 1989 and 1991. His next move was to Napoli, where he was unable to bring success.

-- Ranieri was then appointed Fiorentina manager and led the club into Serie A in 1994, tasting Italian Cup and Super Cup glory in 1996.

-- Ranieri then moved to Spain with Valencia, adding the 1999 Spanish Cup to his honours list. He was credited with laying the foundations for the side that reached the 2000 Champions League final.

-- Ranieri left Valencia and took on the onerous task of managing Atletico Madrid in mid-1999. His tenure at the troubled club was short and he left after they went into administration in March 2000.

* CHELSEA:

-- Ranieri replaced Gianluca Vialli at Chelsea in September 2000. Ranieri guided Chelsea into sixth place in the league in his first season, helping them to qualify for the UEFA Cup.

-- In his third season, although Chelsea were unable to break the stranglehold of the top two teams, the club earned a Champions League qualifying round place with a final-day victory over their rivals for fourth spot, Liverpool.

-- After new Russian billionaire owner Roman Abramovich took over in July 2003, Ranieri suffered constant speculation over his future. Despite this he steered Chelsea to second in the championship, their highest position for 49 years, and to the Champions League semi-finals where they were beaten by Monaco.

-- He was however sacked in May 2004.

* RANIEIRI, THE MAN:

-- Ranieri's training sessions are known to be tough, while his style of play demands fitness and a strong work ethic.

-- His public persona is that of the classic Italian "Mister", the strict tactician who demands total respect, but "off duty" he is charming and gregarious and he is widely respected within the Italian game.

Reuters

May 17, 2007
can i say i have never been a big fan of ranieri but i never liked him when he was at chelsea or valencia, he did a good job in parma but im not very excited about him coming, hopefully he works out!

Jul 24, 2006
I agree with you.

But taking into consideration the bolded sentence, as our budget and our ambitions are limited according to the coach we appointed and the players we're negotiating, we (The fans) shouldn't have high hopes. In my opinion, the fourth place would be a miracle.
We can still have high hopes man!!

With a few good signings and no European commitments next year we can get to 4th place..

Our veterans and youth are AT LEAST as good as Lazio/Fiorentina/Palermo are now and we will add this summer - have faith my friend - Fiorentina are back where they were after heavier sanctions, Juve will regain their place too, and sooner than 5 years!

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Oh come on.. Our squad (especially with the few announced additions) is by no means of any less quality than Lazio's or Fiorentina's respective squads.
So, the Calcio's big sides would be Juventus, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Fiorentina and Palermo. Do you expect us to finish fourth?

You speak like it's a fact that Ranieri's destined to fail, of course anyboby can have an informed guess or do you know something the rest of us don't? If so can I have this week's Lotto numbers please.
I've judged him depending on his career and nothing more. Generally, after checking one's CV, you would lean (Lean isn't a good expression here, actually one's judgment should depend on numbers) towards only one of two results; the man will continue performing as he did before or he'll earn different results compared to the past years of his career. From what I've seen of him at Chelsea and his two spells at Mestalla, I've expressed my viewpoint. And of course, all of us know how Ranieri's career looks like, not just me.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
To all of thoes here who think that we already lost everything by giving Ranieri the job...

Go watch some Golf insted.. Stop bitching already!.. The season havent even started and everyone are on Ranieri's back!.. F#¤%#¤% B&%¤#¤#!!!...
We will end in top 4 for sure.. We will play in CL next year (08/09) and NOT uefa 09/10 !!!

We will do better then YOU think !!...

I'v been here for 3 years and have never seen something this stupid!....

FORZA JUVENTUS !!!

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
yes he hasnt won many trophies, but what he did do was build solid sides ready for the succesors to win with, we saw that with chelsea and valencia. To be fair im all thumbs up if he can help to boost and maintain our morale, which he is very capable of and also help to strengthen our side, not for just one season but for many seasons to come..

Theres a common theme amongst big clubs, you either have a quick fix where a manager comes wins but theres really no good spirit, and the club reaches a point where they fall in crisis maybe the season after, maybe you can describe us to be like that, or certainly real madrid.. Or the long fix, where you look at the overall project and gradually build a side which is solid all over for many seasons to come .

I think its fair to also point out that our level of football has always been poor, we really dont play and enjoy to play. Lets face it deschamps was criticised as was capello and yes even lippi.. Im hoping with a good aura in the dressing room this man can do something which his predecessors couldnt achieve..

Hate it or love it, his our manager now.. I think we should stand by him. Forza Ranieri :tup:

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
If these rumors are true:

Vialli wanted 2m €/year for 3 years and could have gone to 3m €/year with bonuses.

A true Juventino. :rolleyes:

Ranieri will earn 0.8m €/year for 3 years + bonuses.

Ranieri: "You can't say no to Juve".

Welcome!!! :pint:

Class!

You can look at the capture of Ranieri in two ways. One, Ranieri is not as good of a manager as Lippi and therefore he will fail. Or two, Ranieri is good manager who is very good at building a new squad and working with what he has, both of which we desperately need at Juventus after a season in Serie B.

Personally, I like the man because he's true to himself and his players, something you won't find with somebody such as Capello and other managers. At Chelsea he worked with what he had before Abramovich took over, built a good squad that competed for Champions League places when it was Manure and Arsenal with all the talent and money in the EPL. Then during his first season with the influx of the Russian money, he took the Blues to the semi-final of the Champions League despite many new players and finished second in the league to a side that went unbeaten for over an entire year. Not every manager could have such a record... average manager my arse.

So give Ranieri time. Lets see what signings we make and judge him after he has had a few games under his belt at this club. Ranieri is not the greatest but he's perhaps the best we could get at the moment, so we just have to hope for the best after the idiots at this club needlessly threw away Didier. And besides, at least one thing is certain with Ranieri... the youngsters at our club will receive playing time... that's sure. We better keep the likes of Marchisio and Giovinco.

Great post there Andy.. :pint:

Ledje

Sep 1, 2006
Why now already say he will fail? I think Ranieri = Lippi. He has a beautiful palmares, have already worked in a foreign country, and he has a clear vision about the game. Deschamps is young, Ranieri has more experience and I think that's an important fact. I think that he will do it well. The players will also known him. He appropriates perfectly at Juventus. And for people who had expected Lippi: support Ranieri, by demolishing him he wouldnt improve, he needs the support of us!

Sucess Ranieri!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
New interview for Ranieri about some important things:

1- I'm so content with the players who are already acquired. I wanted Grygera when I was at Chelsea. Criscito is very interesting and I'm sure he'll have a great career. Salihamidzic is one of the best midfielders in Europe.

2- Lampard? Let's not give wrong hope to the fans. We'll think of all the chances.

3- There is already harmony in the club and there are some people who know what players they want :pumpkin:

4- Buffon is the representative of Italy, and Juve has a good chance to keep him. I hope his 75% will become 100% soon.

5- Del Piero, Nedved and Camoranesi are the best players to play along with the young players.

6- Trezeguet should extend his contract, and he's now a question mark in the club.

7- Juventus is not a station of arrival. It's a starting point. I was trying to coach. Now, I'll do it.

8- My coaching team will be Christian Damiano, Giorgio Pellizzaro and Riccardo Carpanna.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
We can still have high hopes man!!

With a few good signings and no European commitments next year we can get to 4th place..

Our veterans and youth are AT LEAST as good as Lazio/Fiorentina/Palermo are now and we will add this summer - have faith my friend - Fiorentina are back where they were after heavier sanctions, Juve will regain their place too, and sooner than 5 years!
I hope so, my friend. :pint:

Mate whats wrong with you!.. You dont seem to have any faith in our team any longer!!... We can beat Palermo, Viola already with the team we have!!!!
Look Kosova, let's analyse our situation. There are three big sides in Serie A whom we won't beat to the first three places in my opinion, they're Milan, Inter and Roma. Lazio are in a better situation when compared to us, but they maybe get exhausted due to European competition. Fiorentina are a tough side and they've already started to strengthen their squad. When we're much better than we are nowadays, we struggled to beat Palermo. So, what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)