Claudio Ranieri (8 Viewers)

Sep 14, 2003
Ranieri is a nice enough guy, but lets be completely frank here- the guy is a fucking loser, plain and simple !!
Lol, yeah but so was Ancelotti when he left us. He would not of been my first or even second choice, but he's with us and we should back him.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
thats a bit pessimistic
i think we a few good signings we should be able to compete for 4th place with the likes of lazio.from the players we lost due to demotion, canna,zlatan,zambrotta,emerson,viera,thuram, thuram is rather old by next year so not a consistent starter,we can cope without zlatan provided trez finds hes goalscoring for or we get another striker to replace him,zambrotta can be replaced up to a good level by chiellini,grygera
so we need 1-2 good CBs and 1-2 good CM
plus we have some very promising youngsters we didnt have 2 years ago,giovinco,criscito,marchisio,paro
therefore i think we can do rather well
not aiming for the scudetto but still
why not the coppa?
The 4th place with Ranieri?! I doubt. By the way, the fourth place isn't far away from the 5th or 6th place.

And neurosis21, I didn't talk mainly about our selections of players and whom we'll get and whom we won't. I mean a club's project and a coach like Ranieri who won't take us that far, and mark my words. The 4th place in the next season Scudetto will need a mascot.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Lol, yeah but so was Ancelotti when he left us. He would not of been my first or even second choice, but he's with us and we should back him.
What was Ancelotti's experience when he joined us compared to Ranieri's? Ranieri had two spells at Valencia and 4 seasons on Chelsea's bench. Even though, he hasn't won one single league.

I'm not expecting big things out of Juve with the tinkerman in charge :tdown:
The same here.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
The 4th place with Ranieri?! I doubt. By the way, the fourth place isn't far away from the 5th or 6th place.

And neurosis21, I didn't talk mainly about our selections of players and whom we'll get and whom we won't. I mean a club's project and a coach like Ranieri who won't take us that far, and mark my words. The 4th place in the next season Scudetto will need a mascot.
i know its close to 5th and 6th but im being a bit more optimistic
ranieri isnt the best coach but hes one of the best available at the moment,
and for buffon to stay and say he looks forward to the clubs project it must mean that the club has some ambition etc

i think we both hope that my prediction is the one that comes true:toast:

Sep 14, 2003
What was Ancelotti's experience when he joined us compared to Ranieri's? Ranieri had two spells at Valencia and 4 seasons on Chelsea's bench. Even though, he hasn't won one single league.
It is useless to use the past in football to predict what may or may not happen in the future. Ancelotti came close to winning with Parma and Juve, but failed and was no more than a 'nearly man'. Now, he won't be remembered for that.

Jul 24, 2006
Do the words in bold make a successful coach? I doubt.

Here is our original plan; back to the top of footballing level in 5 years by appointing an average coach like Ranieri and buy mediocre players like Iaquinta plus some free players. So, according to Blanc last announcement, we shouldn't expect a quick impact in Serie A.
I know what you're saying but Juve are in a unique situation, we do need these qualities in our leadership right now..

Some loyalty and humility from those that have fled Juve in the last year would have gone down well no..?

Like it or not we do not have the budget or stature right now to gun for Mourinho or whoever and frankly these are the types that abandoned us in our hour of need (or refused to come back even now, cough - Lippi).

Look at Buffon's comments: “He has experience abroad, he knows how to deal with the media and he’s proven his capabilities in difficult situations.”

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
It is useless to use the past in football to predict what may or may not happen in the future. Ancelotti came close to winning with Parma and Juve, but failed and was no more than a 'nearly man'. Now, he won't be remembered for that.
So, how can you predict the future? Or it's forbidden to think about it based on past facts and we should wait to see what will happen or to buy a crystal ball.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Let's just wait and see, shall we?

I guess it's typical for fans to be so judgemental though. But that's why most of us are just fans and nothing more ;).

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
He already pulled a Bush :p
:lol:, nothings changed i see, his one manager who was proberly always loved by the english media especially with his humorous comments. His also called juve the girlfriend of italy.. interesting use of words..

anyway of a serious note i think his a decent coach and one who can bring us to our winning ways.. however like many members here i am quite suprised that the board and manager have outlined a 5 year project where juve can start winning again.. seriously :disagree: something just doesnt seem right here :pumpkin: :wallbang:.

Anyway welcome aboard tinkerman. :smoke:

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
:lol:, nothings changed i see, his one manager who was proberly always loved by the english media especially with his humorous comments. His also called juve the girlfriend of italy.. interesting use of words..

anyway of a serious note i think his a decent coach and one who can bring us to our winning ways.. however like many members here i am quite suprised that the board and manager have outlined a 5 year project where juve can start winning again.. seriously :disagree: something just doesnt seem right here :pumpkin: :wallbang:.

Anyway welcome aboard tinkerman. :smoke:
i think they are being cautious,they dont want to sound over ambitious and say in 3 years we will be competing for the CL or scudetto etc and then if we dont manage that everyones gonna say we failed etc
so 5 years sounds logical thing to say

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
I know what you're saying but Juve are in a unique situation, we do need these qualities in our leadership right now..

Some loyalty and humility from those that have fled Juve in the last year would have gone down well no..?

Like it or not we do not have the budget or stature right now to gun for Mourinho or whoever and frankly these are the types that abandoned us in our hour of need (or refused to come back even now, cough - Lippi).

Look at Buffon's comments: “He has experience abroad, he knows how to deal with the media and he’s proven his capabilities in difficult situations.”
I agree with you.

But taking into consideration the bolded sentence, as our budget and our ambitions are limited according to the coach we appointed and the players we're negotiating, we (The fans) shouldn't have high hopes. In my opinion, the fourth place would be a miracle.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Oh come on.. Our squad (especially with the few announced additions) is by no means of any less quality than Lazio's or Fiorentina's respective squads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)