Claudio Ranieri (4 Viewers)

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
Ranieri explains Juve move

Monday 4 June, 2007
Claudio Ranieri has spoken for the first time as Juventus boss following his appointment. “You just can’t so no to this club,” he noted.

Ranieri was unveiled to the media this evening, just hours after he signed a three-year contract, and he immediately explained his decision to join the outfit rather than move to Manchester City as was widely expected.

“When Juventus call there is little to think about,” said the man who sensationally kept Parma in the top flight last season.

“There was a project to start from scratch at Manchester City, but they haven’t yet been bought by a new owner and the weeks were passing by…

“The Juve negotiations came about in a surprising manner. It was like a bolt out of the blue as I didn’t expect it.

“I had read my name in the newspapers and I asked myself whether it was true. Then there was the first call and that was pleasing.

“You simply just can’t say no to a club like Juventus. And I didn’t!”

The Old Lady turned to Ranieri following the departure of Didier Deschamps and he’s looking forward to the task following their return to Serie A.

“It’s a great challenge, tough and electrifying,” he added. “We need to work hard and get back to the positions which Juventus deserve to be in.

“I thank Juventus for choosing me and this fills me with pride. There is an ambitious project and I’m certain that we will do well.”

When asked what his side could realistically achieve next term, Ranieri insisted that it will take time to rebuild the club following Calciopoli.

“The club have told me they want to be back to the very highest levels in five years, we’ll look to make that happen sooner,” he added.

“I was shown the possibility of taking Juventus back to the positions where they are used to competing.

“The squad will be a mix of champions and youngsters with great potential. Our transfer targets? We certainly won’t be giving any names to the media.”

The former Chelsea and Valencia man also urged the supporters to demonstrate a certain degree of patience.

“The fans have suffered a lot in Serie B and there will be more tough times ahead,” he continued.

“It’s not important to say that we will win the Scudetto. It is just vital that we become the girlfriend of Italy again – that is more important than a result.

“The fans should stay calm as we will make them proud of what Juventus will do in the future. We will always be compared to the old Juventus, but they don’t exist anymore.

“Nostalgia will always be there, but we are focused on the present and the future.”

The Press conference didn’t go exactly to plan though for Ranieri when he was asked for a comment on next season’s derby clash.

“I welcome back Torino to Serie A,” he said before he realised that it was Juventus who went up and not Toro.

“Well, they should welcome us back then…I hope it will be a derby worthy of this city, nice to watch and stimulating.”

Juventus director general Jean-Claude Blanc insisted the club were delighted with the capture of the 55-year-old.

“To have Claudio here with us falls in with the Juventus style and we want to carry that on in the future,” he noted.

“We have given him a three-year contract because stability is important for our project and we were in agreement on many of our strategic plans.”

I have a few doubts over this:

He first read his name as a probable coach of Juve in newspapers???????
Tha plan is Juve to reach highest levels in next 5 years.Disaster.
He wants fans should be cal.(for a century time).
He feels like a two year boy when you give him a candie.
I have a million doubts.
Five years is a lifetime.
Does he mean that we should wait to screw Inter for five years,and be 4-5 in the Serie A,while he"rebuilds" Juve.I am not happy with this but lets see.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
So, most of us here want to give Ranieri a chance to re-build the squad and prove himself. I agree with that opinion. But we've to be more realistic and determine what is our target for the next season?

If it is building a competitive squad, so that again would be realistic. But if we really think that we can reach the fourth place without struggling, so we're dreaming. Yes, I know we're Juventus; the best team in the history of Italy, but history isn't enough. Yes, we are a team who is well known for its determination, grit and winning mentality. But all the hard circumstances the club has been living since the Calciopoli can affect even a mountain. Plus, we haven't tried to get over it, but our ambitions have become much limited by appointing Ranieri to coach our team. We should now expect the limits of the club's future plan with such a step. Even his salary says a lot. Why did the board negotiate Vialli and why did they appoint Ranieri? If it's the salary, so everything is pretty obvious now. I won't be shocked if we compete with mid-table teams for a UEFA Cup spot.

pUnk

Jul 16, 2006
Great appointment Juve!!

pUnk: In the past, he has taken Cagliari from Serie C to A, Viola from Serie B to 4th place in Serie A plus a Coppa Italia, Chelsea to the semi finals of the CL as well as 2nd in the League and I believe he won the domestic cup with Valencia.

He has always worked with limited transfer budgets. As a person, he is very likable. He has been one of my favourite personalities in the game for many years so I'm delighted to have him. Buffon has also given him a vote of confidence according to reports, which is great.

Forza Ranieri!

oriax

Mar 30, 2007
“The club have told me they want to be back to the very highest levels in five years, we’ll look to make that happen sooner,” he added.
The board said last summer that we will be competitive in 5 years and they are still keep saying that after one year has passed. How can they tell him that he has five years. They should tell him that they exepect after 2 or 3 years at most Juve to return to it's previous level.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
The board said last summer that we will be competitive in 5 years and they are still keep saying that after one year has passed. How can they tell him that he has five years. They should tell him that they exepect after 2 or 3 years at most Juve to return to it's previous level.
If he was targeting his nose in your avatar, then that's a bad indication...

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
He does say he wants to make it sooner. :p

Anyway, I have faith in the man, he's a good coach.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
This guy is a true gentleman. Handled himself with humility and grace throughout his final season at Chelski despite being blatantly disrespected by Abramovitch.

He still worked hard with a sense of humour all seaon and had a great rapport with his players as well as earning a lot of respect from the English media for the way he handled himself.

Lippi, Capello or Sven (OMG!) may be bigger name coaches but Claudio is a genuine man who wears his heart on his sleeve come whatever. The ideal choice for the 'new, principalled Juve' IMO..
Do the words in bold make a successful coach? I doubt.

Here is our original plan; back to the top of footballing level in 5 years by appointing an average coach like Ranieri and buy mediocre players like Iaquinta plus some free players. So, according to Blanc last announcement, we shouldn't expect a quick impact in Serie A.

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
For Juventus, this is an authoritative choice fully in line with the company’s objectives and tradition. A man of international experience and vision, able to embody the aims of the mid-team development plan approved by the Board of Directors. With Claudio Ranieri, a season with a wealth of ambitions and new opportunities opens up.

source:juventus.com

:faq1: mid-team????idiots

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Welcome Claudio!

I hope you stop the board from selling Balza and Trez!

No doubt I'll moan about you every time we lose a point and :weee: when we win, but that's just me being, well, me!

I hope you get us into Europe within the next two years and maybe even a scudetto.:eyebrows:

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
So, most of us here want to give Ranieri a chance to re-build the squad and prove himself. I agree with that opinion. But we've to be more realistic and determine what is our target for the next season?

If it is building a competitive squad, so that again would be realistic. But if we really think that we can reach the fourth place without struggling, so we're dreaming. Yes, I know we're Juventus; the best team in the history of Italy, but history isn't enough. Yes, we are a team who is well known for its determination, grit and winning mentality. But all the hard circumstances the club has been living since the Calciopoli can affect even a mountain. Plus, we haven't tried to get over it, but our ambitions have become much limited by appointing Ranieri to coach our team. We should now expect the limits of the club's future plan with such a step. Even his salary says a lot. Why did the board negotiate Vialli and why did they appoint Ranieri? If it's the salary, so everything is pretty obvious now. I won't be shocked if we compete with mid-table teams for a UEFA Cup spot.

thats a bit pessimistic
i think we a few good signings we should be able to compete for 4th place with the likes of lazio.from the players we lost due to demotion, canna,zlatan,zambrotta,emerson,viera,thuram, thuram is rather old by next year so not a consistent starter,we can cope without zlatan provided trez finds hes goalscoring for or we get another striker to replace him,zambrotta can be replaced up to a good level by chiellini,grygera
so we need 1-2 good CBs and 1-2 good CM
plus we have some very promising youngsters we didnt have 2 years ago,giovinco,criscito,marchisio,paro
therefore i think we can do rather well
not aiming for the scudetto but still
why not the coppa?

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Welcome Claudio!

I hope you stop the board from selling Balza and Trez!

No doubt I'll moan about you every time we lose a point and :weee: when we win, but that's just me being, well, me!

I hope you get us into Europe within the next two years and maybe even a scudetto.:eyebrows:
Yes, don't worry. We'll play in the UEFA Cup in season 2009/2010.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Ranieri is a nice enough guy, but lets be completely frank here- the guy is a fucking loser, plain and simple !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)