Claudio Ranieri (9 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What I don't like about Ranieri is that he's so low profile. Vialli was a huge risk and an expensive one at that, but he is someone who gets himself in the picture. That said, Ranieri could prove to be a great coach for us and I won't judge him now.

As for Lampard, would be a bloody useless buy.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Great appointment Juve!!

pUnk: In the past, he has taken Cagliari from Serie C to A, Viola from Serie B to 4th place in Serie A plus a Coppa Italia, Chelsea to the semi finals of the CL as well as 2nd in the League and I believe he won the domestic cup with Valencia.

He has always worked with limited transfer budgets. As a person, he is very likable. He has been one of my favourite personalities in the game for many years so I'm delighted to have him. Buffon has also given him a vote of confidence according to reports, which is great.

Forza Ranieri!

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Tinkerman's first words:

"It is a beautiful, difficult and electrifying challenge. I like electrifying challenges. There is hard work to do to recover the position Juve are used to. It is a beautiful and ambitious project but I am sure we will do well. The fans are calm and we will make them feel proud of what Juve will do in the grounds of Italy for the moment, and then in the grounds of Europe."

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You can look at the capture of Ranieri in two ways. One, Ranieri is not as good of a manager as Lippi and therefore he will fail. Or two, Ranieri is good manager who is very good at building a new squad and working with what he has, both of which we desperately need at Juventus after a season in Serie B.

Personally, I like the man because he's true to himself and his players, something you won't find with somebody such as Capello and other managers. At Chelsea he worked with what he had before Abramovich took over, built a good squad that competed for Champions League places when it was Manure and Arsenal with all the talent and money in the EPL. Then during his first season with the influx of the Russian money, he took the Blues to the semi-final of the Champions League despite many new players and finished second in the league to a side that went unbeaten for over an entire year. Not every manager could have such a record... average manager my arse.

So give Ranieri time. Lets see what signings we make and judge him after he has had a few games under his belt at this club. Ranieri is not the greatest but he's perhaps the best we could get at the moment, so we just have to hope for the best after the idiots at this club needlessly threw away Didier. And besides, at least one thing is certain with Ranieri... the youngsters at our club will receive playing time... that's sure. We better keep the likes of Marchisio and Giovinco.

May 15, 2007
Ranieri explains Juve move

Monday 4 June, 2007
Claudio Ranieri has spoken for the first time as Juventus boss following his appointment. “You just can’t so no to this club,” he noted.

Ranieri was unveiled to the media this evening, just hours after he signed a three-year contract, and he immediately explained his decision to join the outfit rather than move to Manchester City as was widely expected.

“When Juventus call there is little to think about,” said the man who sensationally kept Parma in the top flight last season.

“There was a project to start from scratch at Manchester City, but they haven’t yet been bought by a new owner and the weeks were passing by…

“The Juve negotiations came about in a surprising manner. It was like a bolt out of the blue as I didn’t expect it.

“I had read my name in the newspapers and I asked myself whether it was true. Then there was the first call and that was pleasing.

“You simply just can’t say no to a club like Juventus. And I didn’t!”

The Old Lady turned to Ranieri following the departure of Didier Deschamps and he’s looking forward to the task following their return to Serie A.

“It’s a great challenge, tough and electrifying,” he added. “We need to work hard and get back to the positions which Juventus deserve to be in.

“I thank Juventus for choosing me and this fills me with pride. There is an ambitious project and I’m certain that we will do well.”

When asked what his side could realistically achieve next term, Ranieri insisted that it will take time to rebuild the club following Calciopoli.

“The club have told me they want to be back to the very highest levels in five years, we’ll look to make that happen sooner,” he added.

“I was shown the possibility of taking Juventus back to the positions where they are used to competing.

“The squad will be a mix of champions and youngsters with great potential. Our transfer targets? We certainly won’t be giving any names to the media.”

The former Chelsea and Valencia man also urged the supporters to demonstrate a certain degree of patience.

“The fans have suffered a lot in Serie B and there will be more tough times ahead,” he continued.

“It’s not important to say that we will win the Scudetto. It is just vital that we become the girlfriend of Italy again – that is more important than a result.

“The fans should stay calm as we will make them proud of what Juventus will do in the future. We will always be compared to the old Juventus, but they don’t exist anymore.

“Nostalgia will always be there, but we are focused on the present and the future.”

The Press conference didn’t go exactly to plan though for Ranieri when he was asked for a comment on next season’s derby clash.

“I welcome back Torino to Serie A,” he said before he realised that it was Juventus who went up and not Toro.

“Well, they should welcome us back then…I hope it will be a derby worthy of this city, nice to watch and stimulating.”

Juventus director general Jean-Claude Blanc insisted the club were delighted with the capture of the 55-year-old.

“To have Claudio here with us falls in with the Juventus style and we want to carry that on in the future,” he noted.

“We have given him a three-year contract because stability is important for our project and we were in agreement on many of our strategic plans.”

un altro alex

Jan 15, 2006
i liked this comment from Ranieri.

`Sinora io ho tentato di fare l`allenatore. Da oggi lo faccio`.

for those who dont know italian it means "until now i have attempted to coach. from today i do."

this tells us a lot about his motivation. i'm confident he can do a good job. when we're well established in serie A, then we can think about Lippi.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
I have a good feeling about that appointement. I'm lookin' to the bright side of it : Raniera was close to Man city with all the money promised and he chooses juventus. This gives us, we juventino, a hint at how much he is motivated by the project. I think , and u'll agree with me here, that motivation is a very important factor to success next year or at least challenging for a CL spot.
In addition, with the likes of buffon, nedved, camo ,delpiero and the youngsters we have atm ranieri could do a great job. Let's not forget that this team is motivated also by proving itself again in the Serie A.

Though , it's just a feeling and an opinion

P.S : I was against him but i changed my mind = better analysis :p

Welcome ranieri and good luck :pint:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
“I welcome back Torino to Serie A,” he said before he realised that it was Juventus who went up and not Toro.

“Well, they should welcome us back then…I hope it will be a derby worthy of this city, nice to watch and stimulating.”
He already pulled a Bush :p

Jul 24, 2006
This guy is a true gentleman. Handled himself with humility and grace throughout his final season at Chelski despite being blatantly disrespected by Abramovitch.

He still worked hard with a sense of humour all seaon and had a great rapport with his players as well as earning a lot of respect from the English media for the way he handled himself.

Lippi, Capello or Sven (OMG!) may be bigger name coaches but Claudio is a genuine man who wears his heart on his sleeve come whatever. The ideal choice for the 'new, principalled Juve' IMO..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)