Claudio Marchisio (36 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
he is better as a regista indeed. Not because of the passes because he clearly is no Pirlo, but as a regista he:

Can start plays and is forcefully involved by his teammates in plays.

In case of losing the ball.. he is much better at tracking back and tackling than Pirlo, and is more dynamic than him...when he wants to.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
I would like to see more of him in that role before selling him but I don't know if there is any time. Last summer he was rumoured to leave and had some offers, whether they were true or not who knows but still, we didn't take advantage of them. If united want him, they will get him now, but wont wait until the summer cuz they need a midfielder now. So if the big offer comes, it will be in day now and the club needs to decide whether to take it or not.

After this game, you would think Moyes would be knocking on our door with a higher bid than first rumoured.

With Pogba rumours...Marchisio rumours...even Vidal rumours to a lesser extent...it just makes you think someone will be sold this month.

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
i dont see y marchisio has to leave..so he leaves then what? we got a midfield slot to fill with a player of decent quality like him or better..$$ we dont have considering our other interests

Nov 17, 2012
I think he's done fairly well at Regista. I'd like to see how well he does if he was actually pressured more like Pirlo is.
Pressing would be more effective against Pirlo as he doesn't have Marchisio's physical attributes, Claudio possess greater strength and stamina, is much more agile, has faster movement and reflexes, and is overall more athletic with superior physicality. Pirlo's superiority lies in his mind, his vision, the speed of his thought processes and how he and the ball at his feet relate to his movement and that of his teammates. However, once placed under pressure, the shortcomings of his physical attributes become emphasised and he is thus exposed in either turning over the ball or placing our defence under increased pressure.

I know it's a massive call to omit Pirlo, but against physical teams (or hard pressing teams), how would this fare?

----Licht/Caceres---Barz---Chiello---Asah/Ogbon-------
----------Vidal-------Marchisio-------Pogba------------
-----------------------Tevez--------------------------
-----------------Quag-------Llorente------------------

Then throw on Pirlo as a sub for whoever in midfield is most under-performing or fatigued; that way the opposing midfield is a little more tired and less able to press with such intensity, plus Andrea too would be fresher and his physical deficit would be reduced somewhat.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Pressing would be more effective against Pirlo as he doesn't have Marchisio's physical attributes, Claudio possess greater strength and stamina, is much more agile, has faster movement and reflexes, and is overall more athletic with superior physicality. Pirlo's superiority lies in his mind, his vision, the speed of his thought processes and how he and the ball at his feet relate to his movement and that of his teammates. However, once placed under pressure, the shortcomings of his physical attributes become emphasised and he is thus exposed in either turning over the ball or placing our defence under increased pressure.

I know it's a massive call to omit Pirlo, but against physical teams (or hard pressing teams), how would this fare?

----Licht/Caceres---Barz---Chiello---Asah/Ogbon-------
----------Vidal-------Marchisio-------Pogba------------
-----------------------Tevez--------------------------
-----------------Quag-------Llorente------------------

Then throw on Pirlo as a sub for whoever in midfield is most under-performing or fatigued; that way the opposing midfield is a little more tired and less able to press with such intensity, plus Andrea too would be fresher and his physical deficit would be reduced somewhat.
Pirlo might not be as physical as Marchisio, but his close ball control, ability to pull off deadly one touch passes, quick thinking, dribbling ability, and ability to get out of tight situations, are not things that Marchisio posseses. So I think that Marchisio may struggle significantly when pressured.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)