Claudio Marchisio (29 Viewers)

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i can totally imagine you and @swag spending hours reading goal.com sections. laughing, or shaking your heads, or even being enraged by the comments.......

bunch of snobs

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
People make fun of Marchisio's "dacdical sense" but he really does have excellent anticipation. His IQ for the game is only amplified as a DM because he is in a position to focus on anticipating the hurried passes of our opposition instead of being the one who has to use athleticism to hurry the opponent (that is Vidal and Pogba's job).

Right now he is a bit like Busquets, who I hate but can't deny has excellent anticipation. Marchisio is doing phenomenally well at closing gaps and moving up as a unit to press higher and also being in perfect position to actually win balls that are 50/50.

And then he is smart enough to recognize that the players in front of him are the important players of the team and he releases the ball quickly so that they can get on with it up the field.

In a sense, he is almost the opposite of Pirlo and I feel this could be his best position at this stage in his career.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
He does, but obviously Zach pushed that point to the degree that it became a bit of a joke, especially as a few didn't really understand what he was saying.
Well to be fair, I think others were partly saying that tactical sense doesn't really help us when he's supposed to be a B2B midfielder. You need more dynamicism. As a DM though, it's more of an important quality and it's useful to point to that trait as a positive.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Well to be fair, I think others were partly saying that tactical sense doesn't really help us when he's supposed to be a B2B midfielder. You need more dynamicism. As a DM though, it's more of an important quality and it's useful to point to that trait as a positive.
It shows more of his game, because he simply has to be involved in most phases of play. Out in LCM in this 3-5-2 he completely stopped as an attacking player, and it became difficult to highlight his role. He was just holding an area of the pitch.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
It shows more of his game, because he simply has to be involved in most phases of play. Out in LCM in this 3-5-2 he completely stopped as an attacking player, and it became difficult to highlight his role. He was just holding an area of the pitch.
True as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)