Claudio Marchisio (62 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
You can't say anything for sure regarding Pogba but I can say that if we're loyal to him then the likelihood of him being loyal to us will increase. We already made a huge step to him by rescuing him from Man U's young team and if we start him next year surely he will feel something for us.

Automatically assuming he's a mercenary is wrong. And of course, I can't say for sure he's going to be loyal but I know our best chance in keeping him is by continually elevating his status as it is merited.
Okay but what happens when an player wants a new challenge? Then he will leave. That could happen to Pogba at any moment

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Okay but what happens when an player wants a new challenge? Then he will leave. That could happen to Pogba at any moment
Could happen to anyone. If we're picking players to keep based on the fact that we're sure they'll stay with us then we might as well call ourselves Napoli or some shit.

You play Pogba as much as possible, he becomes a star, you win and he stays until he's too good that someone offers you what they offered for Zidane.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Could happen to anyone. If we're picking players to keep based on the fact that we're sure they'll stay with us then we might as well call ourselves Napoli or some shit.

You play Pogba as much as possible, he becomes a star, you win and he stays until he's too good that someone offers you what they offered for Zidane.
Preferably no to that, made mistake once should try to avoid it next time. Player exchange of equal quality or almost as good if possible.

vaper

Aug 26, 2012
Monaco allegedly preparing a bid. If this is real news i am legitimately scared.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing Marchisio is better at than Pogba is at disappearing. His invisibility skills would be very valuable to Italy's secret service.
You realize there is more to football than the person with the ball at the time ?

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Disgusting to see how little support he gets around here. One of our most important players. Tremendous work effort, very good skill and an eye for goal. A fabulous team player.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
the worst part is that you dont admit your own bias, selling marchisio at 30 mil is a no brainer, asamoah will step right in and might even do better, and even if he doesnt do as well the gap in quality can easily be made up for elewhere in the team with that 30 mil.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
the worst part is that you dont admit your own bias, selling marchisio at 30 mil is a no brainer, asamoah will step right in and might even do better, and even if he doesnt do as well the gap in quality can easily be made up for elewhere in the team with that 30 mil.
You don't have to be biased to appreciate what Marchisio has done for the club. Players like him, who are willing to give so much for the shirt, are actually hard to come by. He's at the very least worth the 25 million euros that Monaco is reportedly willing to offer. It's because of players like him that we've developed into this great team unit over the last couple of seasons which in turn has allowed us to win back-to-back titles. This Juve is all about team unity and working hard for eachother and elements such as Marchisio are a foundation of that success. Add free-roaming morons like Melo, Diego and Amauri and yes, even Riquelme type of players (I notice him in your avatar), and you may not get the same success. You may get Inter.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
You don't have to be biased to appreciate what Marchisio has done for the club. Players like him, who are willing to give so much for the shirt, are actually hard to come by. He's at the very least worth the 25 million euros that Monaco is reportedly willing to offer. It's because of players like him that we've developed into this great team unit over the last couple of seasons which in turn has allowed us to win back-to-back titles. This Juve is all about team unity and working hard for eachother and elements such as Marchisio are a foundation of that success. Add free-roaming morons like Melo, Diego and Amauri and yes, even Riquelme type of players (I notice him in your avatar), and you may not get the same success. You may get Inter.

what is it with your replies to me that have absolutely nothing to do with my actual posts? also major lols at putting marchisio and riquelme in the same sentence.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
In your post you stated:

Then I replied by saying you don't have to be biased to appreciate what Marchisio has done for the club. With a reasoning to follow up why I said that, emphasising his importance.

If you can't see what that had to do with your post, then I'm afraid I can't help you.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If I had a gun to my face and I had to choose between selling Vidal and Marchisio for fair value (Vidal approx. 1.7x as much as Marchisio) I'd rather sell Vidal. You don't sell a player that embodies the spirit of the club as Marchisio does for Juventus.
:lol: :crazy: :andyandbarcelona:

- - - Updated - - -

I would sell him for 25M. I'm nervous about Pogba's ambitions and I'd rather him be a first choice player right away to calm his possible intentions to leave.

Plus, he is miles ahead of where Marchisio was at that age. It's almost certain that he'll end up better than Marchisio, if he isn't already.

Marchisio's value will never be higher and he's likely peaked (although that's not certain of course). So if we were ever to sell him, it should be now, especially with a direct replacement already on our squad and the possibility to use that money for a more pressing need (attackers).

Basically it comes down to whether you want to sell him at all or never. Because if you want to sell, really it should be now.
:shocked: How dare you attempt to speak common sense. The "fanboy" police will be out to get you :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

In your post you stated:

Then I replied by saying you don't have to be biased to appreciate what Marchisio has done for the club. With a reasoning to follow up why I said that, emphasising his importance.

If you can't see what that had to do with your post, then I'm afraid I can't help you.
Jem darling :kiss: I appreciate Marchisio and what he has done. However, for an offer of 35 million, it'd be hard to resist. That's a lot of money Brah ;)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
you indeed cant help me because you stop reading at commas, funny how you ignore my going over the actual bias of saying no to a 30 mil bid for marchisio and further explanation how beneficial this sale would be.
I didn't stop reading at the comma, but I highlighted that part because it was the core of your message. Any other questions?

Jem darling :kiss: I appreciate Marchisio and what he has done. However, for an offer of 35 million, it'd be hard to resist. That's a lot of money Brah ;)
25 million euros is a lot of money and I'm not saying it shouldn't be considered. But it annoys me that so many people take players like Marchisio for granted. They do not grow on trees. When you think back (well not you, because you only remember Zidane and flashy players :p), most Juve greats were hard-working bad motherfuckers. True team players. Marchisio, to me, is a prime example of a model Juve player; what a Juve player ought to be like.

Bring the Riquelmes elsewhere, to Milano preferably, where they can get their funny haricuts, earrings and roam around on the pitch and moan when not given the ball.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
dont waste money on a jovetic and go for a real game changer: bale or suarez

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't stop reading at the comma, but I highlighted that part because it was the core of your message. Any other questions?

25 million euros is a lot of money and I'm not saying it shouldn't be considered. But it annoys me that so many people take players like Marchisio for granted. They do not grow on trees. When you think back (well not you, because you only remember Zidane and flashy players :p), most Juve greats were hard-working bad motherfuckers. True team players. Marchisio, to me, is a prime example of a model Juve player; what a Juve player ought to be like.

Bring the Riquelmes elsewhere, to Milano preferably, where they can get their funny haricuts, earrings and roam around on the pitch and moan when not given the ball.
dude seriously, advice from a friend, just stop talking about riquelme you are really sounding foolish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)