Claudio Marchisio (212 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
what is it with your replies to me that have absolutely nothing to do with my actual posts? also major lols at putting marchisio and riquelme in the same sentence.
Right on.

Riquelme could only dream about having half the career of Marchisio! :D

It's fairly simple imo. People who think Juve's roots & traditions (the more sentimental bunch) are important, lo stile Juve as they say, will be against his sale. For those who think that is less or not important, he's free to leave.
Still, you'd think a player who was among the best, if not the best, in the season where we first clinched the scudetto again would get a lot more credit. Hell, he was pretty damn good this season as well & Pogba, or anyone else, will have an extremely difficult task to replace him in the current squad/formation.

Buy on AliExpress.com

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
Right on.

Riquelme could only dream about having half the career of Marchisio! :D

It's fairly simple imo. People who think Juve's roots & traditions (the more sentimental bunch) are important, lo stile Juve as they say, will be against his sale. For those who think that is less or not important, he's free to leave.
Still, you'd think a player who was among the best, if not the best, in the season where we first clinched the scudetto again would get a lot more credit. Hell, he was pretty damn good this season as well & Pogba, or anyone else, will have an extremely difficult task to replace him in the current squad/formation.
The 'traditional and sentimental bunch' in here should have the same opinion about Giovinco too no? But they dont. So its not like they are more concerned about homegrown players and others are not.

If a bid for 25m comes in sell marchisio, for 30m give them marchisio along with a truck loaded with flowers and thank you notes.

I like marchisio, the only reason being he's homegrown. Quality, value and importance wise Pogba wipes the floor with him.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
The 'traditional and sentimental bunch' in here should have the same opinion about Giovinco too no? But they dont. So its not like they are more concerned about homegrown players and others are not.

If a bid for 25m comes in sell marchisio, for 30m give them marchisio along with a truck loaded with flowers and thank you notes.

I like marchisio, the only reason being he's homegrown. Quality, value and importance wise Pogba wipes the floor with him.
Marchisio has been fixture of this Juve side for many years, through bad times & through great times. Giovinco hasn't. The difference is easy to spot.

As for Pogba, he's an amazing talent. And if he develops how we all hope he will, he will be a better & more complete player than Marchisio. No doubt about it. But right now, he is not better, not more important. Doesn't matter anyway, Pogba is judged on his potential, not on his actual performances.

Apr 29, 2006
I like the idea of 'change' that someone posted as a notion too. Marchisio has had his ups and downs and before the excuse was that he was developing, that he was played out of position, that... and most of it was justified. But he is at that stage of his career now where we can't bench him for too long and he has to consider his options too. Would the next season finally be the season where he steps up his game? I wouldn't bet 25M on that.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Change for change sake :touched:

Stupid discussion, Marchisio is not leaving, we won't be willing to sell him, and the fucking morons in here constantly criticising him and talking shit about his abilities can sit back and enjoy him tear it up again next season.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Mmmmm :lick:

That pic is as delish as this post:

Change for change sake :touched:

Stupid discussion, Marchisio is not leaving, we won't be willing to sell him, and the fucking morons in here constantly criticising him and talking shit about his abilities can sit back and enjoy him tear it up again next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 208)