Claudio Marchisio (34 Viewers)

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
You can say whatever you want from him, he ain't leaving/sitting for shit. You may actually think he isn't even close to world class because a major group around here has the need to say so (while others stay quiet), but there are a LOT of neutral fans rating him quite highly, as far as I know. Thank you EURO, by the way.

Vidal and Marchisio are the spine of this project. Pogba is only second to them and will eventually replace Pirlo, but if one has/were to leave (not happening), Pogba is the obvious name between the three. Raiola is his manager, it seems some of you are forgetting that 'little' piece of information. On the other end, Marchisio is on his way to become a club legend (and captain), whether you like it or not.

Having said all that, lately he is going through a bad path of form, yes, indeed. Barring a few group of games, I don't even feel like he's being himself in 2013. He is not bombing forward like he used to do and that doesn't happen by coincidence. Vidal's boom may have something to do with it, as he has to stay more defensive now. But Conte will adjust, you just wait and see.

Buy on AliExpress.com

enzo

May 14, 2012
I agree with @Joe and @Flamez, that he is a key player to this Juventus squad and I doubt he will leave Juve anytime soon. Badmouthing Marchisio has been a major trend "recently". You cannot deny, that the last few games have not been his strongest, but questioning his overall performance this season is ridiculous. Beside that, with 'tuz rightly having the Vidal fever, in direct comparisons it would be hard to compete for any other player. While Vidal is just amazing right now, the rest of the team in general seems tired and exhausted. No wonder, given the last two seasons. These squad is still young and needs to adapt to the higher pace and constant pressure.

Anyway, Marchisio gain momentum again, that's for sure. But even then, haters gonna hate.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Anyways, how much do you think marchisio is worth.
He's obviously one of our 3 most valuable players in terms of transfer sum (together with Vidal & Chiellini).

Some would say the most valuable, which can certainly be argued, but in my mind Vidal just edges it.

We're talking 28-32m figures for these players, give or take. Of course, depending on how much a team wants a certain player (the Vidal - Bayern story, for example, which I doubt is true), that price is bound to go up. Essentially, the selling club sets the price.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
What a stupid conversation yet again.
Yep, this thread is fucking retarded.

I'm not a particularly huge Marchisio fan, but I can still see the value he adds to our team. Some of the posts about how we should sell him for 15-20M, how he is overrated, no good...just stupid.

And for how much he is worth (and what our club should sell him for at a minimum) 25M, IMO.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
He's obviously one of our 3 most valuable players in terms of transfer sum (together with Vidal & Chiellini).

Some would say the most valuable, which can certainly be argued, but in my mind Vidal just edges it.

We're talking 28-32m figures for these players, give or take. Of course, depending on how much a team wants a certain player (the Vidal - Bayern story, for example, which I doubt is true), that price is bound to go up. Essentially, the selling club sets the price.
So you are saying if we were to buy a marchisio level player you wouldnt mind paying 32m?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, this thread is fucking retarded.

I'm not a particularly huge Marchisio fan, but I can still see the value he adds to our team. Some of the posts about how we should sell him for 15-20M, how he is overrated, no good...just stupid.

And for how much he is worth (and what our club should sell him for at a minimum) 25M, IMO.
That's what i said. No need to sell him but accepting a bid of 25m should be considered.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
So you are saying if we were to buy a marchisio level player you wouldnt mind paying 32m?
Come on Woody. I'm the guy who bitches about (potential) transfer sums being too high 99,9% of the time :D
Of course I'm not ok with paying that kind of money for a Marchisio level player. Or a Vidal level player, for that matter.

But you asked about his value on the market. Looking at age, contract, stats & how he is rated in the international football world, those are the numbers that will come up.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
I agree bayern were deperate to get Vidal, what i do not agree on is you put Vidal in the same category of players whose price will massively change according to how much the team might need him. I bet if we were to sell vidal there will be at least a couple of teams besides bayern who would match bayern's bid. That's world class players like Vidal, Aguero, Ronaldo, Suarez etc who will never be short of suitors.

Then there is Marchisio, i love him. He's a good player and homegrown. The best season of his life was last year when he was clutch in a 433. I'd like RUS to post some goals and assists stats for both Pepe and Marchisio during that run. I bet there wont be much seperating them so what does that tell us? Marchisio was good but we made him look very very good. He is the kind of player who's price might change if he suits a specific team or a coach and still the highest bid wont be more than 18-22m. Our most expensive transfer in the last 6 mercatos was 18m Matri and we are the best of 'those' teams.

I do not want Marchisio sold and there are two reasons for it. He is pretty good for us and the second being we wont get much for him. My problem is i do not want him to get a free ride and block Pogba's progress. The difference between their abilities will be much more clear (for those peeps who still dont see it) after the first half of next season after which Pogba will be much more valuable than marchisio and we will be getting bids for him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)