Claudio Marchisio (20 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i think Marchisio has a good passing skills and showed he had that drive to push forward when needed. Melo, Sissoko and Marchisio would be a great trio behind Diego.

My concern again is that we'll lack good offensive full backs, which means we will need the likes of camoranesi in that midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Aug 28, 2007
Marchisio plays best when he's used as CM, he's not aggressive enough to be a DM so he wont excel there. I think he will be comin off the bench or he could be in the second team like Busquests in Barcelona, he'll be fine though, long as he's allowd to play CM.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Even Camo has to work his butt off to regain his place. The way Ferrara is going about this, I feel everyone will have to work extra hard to prove that they deserve to wear this jersey, which is good news for guys like Gio, Marchisio, and De Ceglie. They won't simply be left out because the other players have more "experience" or are more senior.
Camo won't have to regain anything. He has a place in the starting eleven and it's his to lose. First of all Lippi loves him and Ferrara knows him very well both on and off the field. And most importantly, he deserves to play because he has been absolutely critical to our team since 04-05 and from what we've seen there aren't any signs of him dropping in quality yet.

The only obstacle would be the increased frustration level that we saw by the end of last season, but that was clearly a reaction against the imbecile in charge of our tactics. With Ranieri gone and a more competitive Juve around him, Mauro's mind should be back to balanced mode. I'd say he's in for a hell of a season.

Add Camo as a trequarista as theres more chance of him playing that than a mid.
That's news to me...

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Camo won't have to regain anything. He has a place in the starting eleven and it's his to lose. First of all Lippi loves him and Ferrara knows him very well both on and off the field. And most importantly, he deserves to play because he has been absolutely critical to our team since 04-05 and from what we've seen there aren't any signs of him dropping in quality yet.

The only obstacle would be the increased frustration level that we saw by the end of last season, but that was clearly a reaction against the imbecile in charge of our tactics. With Ranieri gone and a more competitive Juve around him, Mauro's mind should be back to balanced mode. I'd say he's in for a hell of a season.
I beg to differ; I simply disagree that a player deserves to start just because Lippi needs him for the WC, Ferrara knows him well, or for any other personal reasons. Emotions should not interfere with logic. Ferrara, I believe, is a fair man, and thus I feel he will do what is best for the team.

Marchisio earned his spot via his performances last season, and I believe that in a 4-3-1-2 he definitely should start over Camo, just like I feel that Camo and Gio are a must in a 4-2-3-1.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009

That's news to me...
I don't understand how a player who is an out and out winger, though capable of performing competently in the middle of the park, is guaranteed a place in a formation which doesn't involve wingers.

True, he can play in the middle, behind the forwards, but he is a reckless tackler and his greatest strength, by far, is his crossing. In a 4-2-3-1 yes...he can find the width he needs. though not the width he is used to enjoying in a flat 4-4-2.

4-2-3-1 is the only formation in which he could be used effectively.

His reputation is of little importance to Ciro. Its what he is capable of doing in the NOW that matters most. He was fortunate last season that when fit, he automatically retrieved his starting spot from the hapless Marchionni. This season its different.

As for Marchisio, he is one of my favourite players. And as others have mentioned, he seems best as a central midfielder. Able to defend, cover, create, drive forward, shoot, pass. An all rounder. If we are to play a diamond. He will definitely be one of our best options for the two central spots.

Still, i will trust in Ciro...

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't understand how a player who is an out and out winger, though capable of performing competently in the middle of the park, is guaranteed a place in a formation which doesn't involve wingers.

True, he can play in the middle, behind the forwards, but he is a reckless tackler and his greatest strength, by far, is his crossing. In a 4-2-3-1 yes...he can find the width he needs. though not the width he is used to enjoying in a flat 4-4-2.

Camoranesi is not an 'out and out winger'. Never has been, never will be.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Well, you two, all I can say is that I am positive that by the start of Serie A Camoranesi is a sure starter. Whether that's right or wrong is up to you, but he will start. And I for one am happy about it as he deserves it. He was the best man out there for Italy in the Confed, so there are no signs of him dropping in quality. And benching our best midfielder for the last couple of years doesn't make sense to me.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If Camoranesi is fit, I will be happy to see him play.

However, the new system should mean that we miss him less if he is injured, as the alternative (Marhisio in a three man midfield) is rather more attractive than the previous option of playing Marchionni.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Camoranesi is not an 'out and out winger'. Never has been, never will be.
Which is strange to read...as for the vast majority of his time at Juve I have seen him play on the right wing. And even when I have seen him deployed in a more central position, he ends up floating out to the right wing...because it is from there that he is at his most dangerous using his most potent skill, which is putting superb deliveries into the box. His shooting isn't great, but his crossing...is world class.

A player who starts in, and generally reverts to, a wide right offensive position, who likes to nip past defenders and performs his most useful duty when crossing the ball into the area...to me, is a winger, and always will be a winger. But there seems no need to argue this point too vociferously. And if he can prove useful in a more central role; great. His passing is superb, though its at its finest when he is deployed as a winger...hohoho!

as for whether he will grab a starting position or not...Ciro has indicated that Tiago is in the running for a place. Diego is definitely starting, as are Melo and Momo.

which gives us

Melo Tiago Momo
Diego
Trez DP
No space for Camo in a 4-3-1-2. Clearly. He is far too reckless to play in the middle where I have stuck Tiago...I personally would prefer Marchisio to make up that midfield trio. Despite the overdose of ruggedness and perhaps, distinct lack of creativity. Marchisio can pass, as can Melo.

So...in the 4-2-3-1...yes there is a chance for Camo to play.

Melo Momo
Camo Diego Giovinco
Trez

That would be fine...I can deal with the omission of Marchisio, as Giovinco is included. And also...Momo and Melo will definitely get suspended, perhaps multiple times, over the course of the season, and surely Marchisio is closer to their positions, in the pecking order, than Poulsen...but how about Zanetti eh???

I can see Camo in the 4-2-3-1. but not in the 4-3-1-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)