Claudio Marchisio (86 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Cheers, Cron...Its warming to get a virtual pat on the back from one of the few members whose posts may be more often than not, novella length, but equally regularly, worth my time and concentration....and what do you see happening to our star argie winger this season? Reaffirmation of his obvious talent, or further deterioration of his use to the squad???

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Did Camoranesi not start his Juve career playing on the right of a 4-3-1-2?

People are getting too hung up on the exact nature of the roles.

We can play the same 4-3-1-2 formation and, at various times have Sissoko, Marchisio or Camoranesi playing on the right of the midfield three and all of them would interpret the position differently and offer things that the other players wouldn't.

Having Camo on the right of a three man midfield, with the freedom to roam, looks like a very good option to have in the squad, even if it wouldn't necessarily be appropriate in every game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Did Camoranesi not start his Juve career playing on the right of a 4-3-1-2?

People are getting too hung up on the exact nature of the roles.

We can play the same 4-3-1-2 formation and, at various times have Sissoko, Marchisio or Camoranesi playing on the right of the midfield three and all of them would interpret the position differently and offer things that the other players wouldn't.

Having Camo on the right of a three man midfield, with the freedom to roam, looks like a very good option to have in the squad, even if it wouldn't necessarily be appropriate in every game.
:delpiero:

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Sticking Camo on the right of a central trio of midfielders could work out well, but only if Zebina ups his game and remains fit and free from suspensions. Because Camo offers, clearly, far less defensively, but far more offensively, than Marchisio. Depends on the opposition and on the way a game flows...If we start with Marchisio Melo Momo, and we are chasing a goal, it makes sense to take off one of our less offensive midfielders and bring Camo into the game...i agree, RED, its wicked that we have so many options now. And I am intrigued to see if Ciro settles on one formation, or if he varies it regularly...between 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-1-2...

My dream midfield and attack remains:

Melo Momo
Camo Diego Giovinco
Trez

or

Marchiso Melo Momo
Diego
Trez Giovinco

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
the fact that Ciro hasn't tried the formation in the two friendlies we have played so far this summer, both of which did not afford us near to our full complement of likely first team starters and challengers, confirms that anything is out of the question.
We can be sure that Diego will play, whenever fit and free from suspension. the same can be said for Melo...and likely Momo. Our other class midfielders are Camo, MArchisio and potentially Tiago. Which means...Ciro is likely to try various forms of those players in the midfield. Nothing is certain. Anything is possible...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Cheers, Cron...Its warming to get a virtual pat on the back from one of the few members whose posts may be more often than not, novella length, but equally regularly, worth my time and concentration....and what do you see happening to our star argie winger this season? Reaffirmation of his obvious talent, or further deterioration of his use to the squad???
:tup:

I believe that Camo still has the potential to be a leading figure and a very important player to this team.
He can be very useful in both 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2 as he can play as CM and AMF.
I saw the spark of the old Camo within him yesterday. If he controls his temper/patience and stays healthy, he can offer a lot to our team.

He is great asset, but not as reliable as before.
Thankfully, we have a lot if options to replace him now, if anything goes wrong!
In a couple of months or so, we will see if the competition will harm him and make him frustrated or help to relax and find his old self.
His relation with Ferrara will work to our favor and i am optimistic about him!
Camo is a fighter and his future depends on him!
Ferrara will give him the chances he need, thats for sure!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I haven't been able to see much preseason games but Tiago seems to be getting a bit more time than Marchisio and is supposedly perfroming well. I hope Marchisio steps up and outperforms Tiago to claim his spot when given the chance.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
I haven't been able to see much preseason games but Tiago seems to be getting a bit more time than Marchisio and is supposedly perfroming well. I hope Marchisio steps up and outperforms Tiago to claim his spot when given the chance.
As long as there is competition you can make sure that the best in form player will play...which makes us win more.

Mar 30, 2006
Tiago has been at all of the preseason. Marchisio came late so is further behind in fitness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)