Claudio Marchisio (49 Viewers)

Feb 7, 2007
And if we get Melo do you think he will be a starter in our team?
even if he dont come,there is still a lot of players playing in the same position with marchisio so he must fight hard to win a starter place,i just said that he is the most suitable according with the last season he made,he worth it. plus i think it would be better is we sign dagostino cause we need a player like him ,melo will be an other dm in the team and we will have tiago,poulsen,zanetti,marchisio,sissoko,melo fighting for 2 places in the start 11. thus 4 players will be on the bench , is this right?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
He won't be a starter if we got Melo i think
in 4-3-1-2 a lot of people talked that the formation will be used by Ferrara
the starter will be
Diego
Melo - Momo - Camo
because with 2 DM like Melo and Momo we need Camo to distribute the ball, i don't see Diego will go deep back

Marchi will be rotated for Camo or Melo,

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I don't think so. I actually don't believe Camo feels comfortable in that role, or can play at his best in that position.

I believe in a 4-3-1-2, Melo, Sissoko, and Marchisio will be starting, and the ball distributing duties will fall on Melo; remember, he wasn't called upon to make those passes or distribute the ball @ Fiorentina, but it doesn't mean he can't do it. Don't underestimate Melo's potential.

@ Extraordinary: I don't know what is more extraordinary; your remarkable comments regarding Marchisio, or your revolutionary formation!!! Interesting indeed.

Feb 7, 2007
I don't think so. I actually don't believe Camo feels comfortable in that role, or can play at his best in that position.

I believe in a 4-3-1-2, Melo, Sissoko, and Marchisio will be starting, and the ball distributing duties will fall on Melo; remember, he wasn't called upon to make those passes or distribute the ball @ Fiorentina, but it doesn't mean he can't do it. Don't underestimate Melo's potential.

@ Extraordinary: I don't know what is more extraordinary; your remarkable comments regarding Marchisio, or your revolutionary formation!!! Interesting indeed.
omar :) i want you to tell me your opinion about marchisio and about his last year form,i think that the best formation for us this year will be playing one attacker who will be surrounded by 5 midfielders giovinco on the left marchisio sissoko as dm camoranesi on the right and diego as amc this would be great for us cause we would have the maximum creativity and speed in the midfield ,camoranesi can distribute the ball as well as diego and giovinco even marchisio have prove that last year,plus we can have sissoko doing the hard work,and in addition with a good striker like amauri/del piero/iq/trezegeut we can send the ball into the net easily.thats my opionion:flag1: :flag1: :flag1:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
omar :) i want you to tell me your opinion about marchisio and about his last year form,i think that the best formation for us this year will be playing one attacker who will be surrounded by 5 midfielders giovinco on the left marchisio sissoko as dm camoranesi on the right and diego as amc this would be great for us cause we would have the maximum creativity and speed in the midfield ,camoranesi can distribute the ball as well as diego and giovinco even marchisio have prove that last year,plus we can have sissoko doing the hard work,and in addition with a good striker like amauri/del piero/iq/trezegeut we can send the ball into the net easily.thats my opionion:flag1: :flag1: :flag1:
Ciro won't leave a 25Mil CM/DM on the bench.

And 4-4-1-1 sucks.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Apart from the likes of Del Piero, Buffon, Trezeguet the most player I'm excited and can't wait to re-watch him play is Marchisio. I really enjoyed his performances last season.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
and just imagine marchisio and melo playing on the same team. and please don't forget about sissoko!..what a midfield indeed. iam shedding tears of happiness right now..Just hope this melo deal could finish up already. hopefully the rumors of monday is true.:agree:

May 22, 2007
even if he dont come,there is still a lot of players playing in the same position with marchisio so he must fight hard to win a starter place,i just said that he is the most suitable according with the last season he made,he worth it. plus i think it would be better is we sign dagostino cause we need a player like him ,melo will be an other dm in the team and we will have tiago,poulsen,zanetti,marchisio,sissoko,melo fighting for 2 places in the start 11. thus 4 players will be on the bench , is this right?
Well I don't think all 4 will be on the bench, we might sell. I'm not entirely sure, all our players (and their wives) seem to love it here.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Apart from the likes of Del Piero, Buffon, Trezeguet the most player I'm excited and can't wait to re-watch him play is Marchisio. I really enjoyed his performances last season.
He really stood-out at the end of the season and in many games was our best midfielder.

IMO he will be in the starting lineup and if he can keep his place I don't see why he shouldn't be looking towards South Africa next summer.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
My dear friend (I don't know your name as of yet), while I agree entirely on your assessment of Marchisio, I don't see us playing a 4-4-1-1, as we would be wasting 3 of our 4 strikers. We should play to our strengths, and in that respect, the 4-3-1-2 is the best possible formation, even though it still poses some questions and presents some potential headaches.

Important things you must note:

1) We will not bench Melo; we paid a lot of money for him, he will start, and he deserves to start. He can defend, tackle, as well as distribute the ball, so he is a very welcome addition to our midfield.

2) We cannot afford to play with only one striker, as that would imply limited playing time for 3 of our 4 strikers. Furthermore, Del Piero cannot properly function in a 4-4-1-1 (unless you plan to play him behind the lone striker, but then what will you do with Diego?!), and he can't play on the flanks in a 4-2-3-1, so we need to play with 2 strikers.

3) Del Piero will be a starter, so the one striker solution is not a viable or feesible option.

4) In your 4-4-1-1 you propose playing Gio on the left, and Camo on the right. The problem with that is, Gio prefers to play a little further up front, as a left sided attacker in a 4-2-3-1 formation, or as the ace in the hole (no cheesy comments please :p) in a 4-3-1-2 (alternating with Diego or even Del Piero for the role of support stiker or 2nd forward). Camo, on the other hand, has been quite unreliable, inconsistent, and injury prone, so I am not expecting much from him this season. However, he can give us that impetus, that push off the bench.

Feb 7, 2007
My dear friend (I don't know your name as of yet), while I agree entirely on your assessment of Marchisio, I don't see us playing a 4-4-1-1, as we would be wasting 3 of our 4 strikers. We should play to our strengths, and in that respect, the 4-3-1-2 is the best possible formation, even though it still poses some questions and presents some potential headaches.

Important things you must note:

1) We will not bench Melo; we paid a lot of money for him, he will start, and he deserves to start. He can defend, tackle, as well as distribute the ball, so he is a very welcome addition to our midfield.

2) We cannot afford to play with only one striker, as that would imply limited playing time for 3 of our 4 strikers. Furthermore, Del Piero cannot properly function in a 4-4-1-1 (unless you plan to play him behind the lone striker, but then what will you do with Diego?!), and he can't play on the flanks in a 4-2-3-1, so we need to play with 2 strikers.

3) Del Piero will be a starter, so the one striker solution is not a viable or feesible option.

4) In your 4-4-1-1 you propose playing Gio on the left, and Camo on the right. The problem with that is, Gio prefers to play a little further up front, as a left sided attacker in a 4-2-3-1 formation, or as the ace in the hole (no cheesy comments please :p) in a 4-3-1-2 (alternating with Diego or even Del Piero for the role of support stiker or 2nd forward). Camo, on the other hand, has been quite unreliable, inconsistent, and injury prone, so I am not expecting much from him this season. However, he can give us that impetus, that push off the bench.
my name is billys,nice to meet you ,well i want to add that 4-3-1-2 will be fine but what about our wings ? the 3 in the midfield will be who ,one will be sissoko as dm the other two ? melo ? marchisio ? poulsen? tiago ? camoranesi ?giovinco ?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
In a 4-3-1-2, Melo, Momo, and Marchisio will be the 3 midfielders playing behind Diego, with Melo in a deeper and more withdrawn role.

In the 4-2-3-1, I think we will start with Melo and Momo as the 2 DM (destroyers), with Camo and Gio flanking Diego behind a lone striker, more likely Amauri, but preferably Trezeguet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 46)