Claudio Marchisio (15 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No, Candreva is his replacement. Russotto (as the forward/winger he is) is replacing Rocchi, who is hit with quite serious injury, it seems.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
Don't be a smartass,Osman:p

I know that Candreva is a midfielder and therefore Marchisio's replacement while Russotto is Rocchi's replacement,I just translated what the Italian media said:

"Il presidente della Lazio infuriato. Ma l'attaccande risponde: «Ho scelto io di giocare». Al suo posto Candreva del Livorno. Chiesta sostituzione anche per Marchisio (Russotto)"

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
You would have seen him in a Juve shirt sooner if he played the whole olympics (til final) and then came back, instead of now delaying it an extra month. He has already extra tough in having several midfielders ahead of him, now to get behind even more due to injury.

Don't be a smartass,Osman:p
Wouldnt be here if I wasnt ;)

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Its not about being as good as Xabi or even close to it, Marchisio isnt even CLOSE to being the same type of player. He is not a calm slow regista that effortlessly sprays around balls all over, not at ALL.

You havent seen him if you think he is that type (you havent seen him either if you call him not mobile or hard working as someone did above), even if his passing is quite good (more short range then long range). Marchisio is more of an unique allround dynamic CM, does box to box quite well, is quite mobile and hardworking with some well needed tenacity in DM work, and overall quite skillfull tools to do more then one task of a central midfield role (was originally a forward ala Del Piero in younger days, so some of that technique and skill set can be seen in the mix).

Again Cigarini is a Xabi type, Marchisio ISNT. Not the same type of ball game at all.

If you havent seen him in Empoli and Azzurini as I have, then maybe this 1 minute clip can tell you a little of his A game:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvq-bljy_Q
Yeah..I agree..it's a mistake to compare Marchisio with Xabi..
I only saw Marchisio only for several games and i saw that he can make a long pass to release a striker
After what i saw in the video... i hope Marchisio can make Juventus stronger in 'creativity' department and we don't need Ledesma
De Ceglie to support attack from left back, Giovinco as second striker or playmaker, and Marchisio as creative midfielder
But we still need Right Back for sure

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ranieri supposedly said that Marchi and Poulsen will be the starting pair vs. Fiorentina...if so then good luck to both and especially Claudio...massive opportunity for him!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Marchisio-Poulsen is the only real option against Fiorentina since Sissoko is suspended and Zanetti is crocked.

Having two players making their first Serie A appearances for Juve in midfield away to Fiorentina is hardly ideal, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)