Claudio Marchisio (21 Viewers)

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Quite an absurd judgement he made, i agree.. Xabi is one of the best if not the best at what he does (arguably) (as Pirlo etc do exist too), Marchisio is a young italian who is up and coming and needs so many more games under his belt to even barely shine a light to Xabi. Alonso is both a Euro and CL winner, and i dont even think its worth arguing who is better at the current moment, not taking anything away from Marchisio, because he has ages to improve, and id love if he did, for Juve and Italy's sake.
:agree: Forget the fact that Alonso has won the many things he has, when you compare the players (Alonso to Marchisio) regardless of age, ethnicity, experience and all that Xabi Alonso is so far ahead of Marchisio it's incomparable.. In the future Marchisio may improve a great deal but at the moment based on performances X.Alonso is much more influential.. In saying that I like Marchisio & IMO he's a better overall midfielder than Cigarini.. With time I hope he starts to impose himself during matches more and more

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not about being as good as Xabi or even close to it, Marchisio isnt even CLOSE to being the same type of player. He is not a calm slow regista that effortlessly sprays around balls all over, not at ALL.

You havent seen him if you think he is that type (you havent seen him either if you call him not mobile or hard working as someone did above), even if his passing is quite good (more short range then long range). Marchisio is more of an unique allround dynamic CM, does box to box quite well, is quite mobile and hardworking with some well needed tenacity in DM work, and overall quite skillfull tools to do more then one task of a central midfield role (was originally a forward ala Del Piero in younger days, so some of that technique and skill set can be seen in the mix).

Again Cigarini is a Xabi type, Marchisio ISNT. Not the same type of ball game at all.

If you havent seen him in Empoli and Azzurini as I have, then maybe this 1 minute clip can tell you a little of his A game:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvq-bljy_Q

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Its not about being as good as Xabi or even close to it, Marchisio isnt even CLOSE to being the same type of player. He is not a calm slow regista that effortlessly sprays around balls all over, not at ALL.

You havent seen him if you think he is that type (you havent seen him either if you call him not mobile or hard working as someone did above), even if his passing is quite good (more short range then long range). Marchisio is more of an unique allround dynamic CM, does box to box quite well, is quite mobile and hardworking with some well needed tenacity in DM work, and overall quite skillfull tools to do more then one task of a central midfield role (was originally a forward ala Del Piero in younger days, so some of that technique and skill set can be seen in the mix).

Again Cigarini is a Xabi type, Marchisio ISNT. Not the same type of ball game at all.

If you havent seen him in Empoli and Azzurini as I have, then maybe this 1 minute clip can tell you a little of his A game:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hkvq-bljy_Q
Thanks o mighty football god, but I assure you I've seen plenty of all the players you mentioned in your post, especially any players involved in the Azzurrini set up.. I wasn't comparing their specific abilities per se, rather their influence and general midfield qualities and too say you can't compare their overall performances due to a complete different roles is naive... ofcourse you can break it down extensively to positional qualities but you don't have to be a genious like yourself to tell who is more valuable/influential to their team dynamics irrespective of the exact qualities of the different roles associated with the CM position

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Save your venomous sarcasm hombre ;) I wasnt really addressing you, heh, not sure what gave you that idea. Addressing Cimenks claims more or less, who is totally off base regarding Marchisio.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Alonso is both a Euro and CL winner,
i have a problem with people calling players Euro winners, even the player did only sit on the bench for the most time.

it's like calling rampulla a champions league winner ...

sry, but the recent developments in the barry case just show that xabi is not as good as you all want him to be or at last not of so much use to a team...

if he was that important for a team, liverpool would never let him leave ... but as you could see they planed to replace him with barry ( who is not known as passmaster).

mentioning pirlo in the same sentence with alonso is just blasphemy...

having pirlo in the team does make a difference on the scoresheet ...

having alonso in the team does make the play look better, but wont change a game

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Xabi Alonso was an integral part of Liverpool reaching the Champions League Final two years out of three. If you don't see that, you're a fucking moron.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Mayb3 w3 c0u(d buy @ b3tt3r pl@y3r th3n, 8u83!~

God, you're annoying but worth nothing.
...said the clown

Just shut up, if you can't write respectfully.

Your poor parents would be ashamed of your behaviour here ... (if they are bums with no education and etiquette like you, it's even more sad)

go play with some people that are on your intelligence level ... like retards or apes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
...said the clown

Just shut up, if you can't write respectfully.

Your poor parents would be ashamed of your behaviour here ... (if they are bums with no education and etiquette like you, it's even more sad)

go play with some people that are on your intelligence level ... like retards or apes
You say you're 28, yet it's clearly obvious you're not that old considering:

1) The way you write
2) The "My daddy is better than your daddy" idiocy
3) Your intellectually sound Counterstrike name :howler:

You probably haven't even stepped out on football pitch before. That's pretty obvious as well, Erkel.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You say you're 28, yet it's clearly obvious you're not that old considering:

1) The way you write
i did not expect you to be so smart and consider that english is not everyones native language ...

2) The "My daddy is better than your daddy" idiocy
It does not have to do with our "daddies". it just has to do with your always attacking way of writing. this is what small children in the ghetto do or perhaps bums from the suburbs who got raised by drunk and violent parents.
if you was in the business world and you speak with other persons in higher positions from big companys you can't speak like that. for me, you are just a school kid ... get a life or hang with your buddies, you obviously don't know how to act respectful and that shows that your parents did not do their job properly. they are the ones who ought to teach you respect for people you don't even remotely know.

3) Your intellectually sound Counterstrike name :howler:
i already explained that this nickname is more than 10 years old, and back then i when i was a teen a did some computer related stuff where it was just normal to have a name in what you would today call "leet speak". but i have to disappoint you, back then counterstrike was not even released ... that was a time even before the 3dfx-cards so don't try to write about stuff you don't know anything about.

You probably haven't even stepped out on football pitch before. That's pretty obvious as well, Erkel.
i actually play football since i was 12 or something, but sadly due to my job i'm only able to play football (matches) on the weekend, because my job takes my all around germany so i can't go to the training often.

i'm glad i could answer your interrest in my person ... appreciated ;)

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
i have a problem with people calling players Euro winners, even the player did only sit on the bench for the most time.

it's like calling rampulla a champions league winner ...

sry, but the recent developments in the barry case just show that xabi is not as good as you all want him to be or at last not of so much use to a team...

if he was that important for a team, liverpool would never let him leave ... but as you could see they planed to replace him with barry ( who is not known as passmaster).

mentioning pirlo in the same sentence with alonso is just blasphemy...

having pirlo in the team does make a difference on the scoresheet ...

having alonso in the team does make the play look better, but wont change a game
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)