Claudio Marchisio (18 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Zach's post is a good one though, and informative of the healing process for a ACL tear, and recovery from training and injuries in general.

Makes it relevant. I find that stuff interesting. I'm happy we have someone on the forum who can explain this stuff in detail.

Dukac was just misinterpreting what Zach was saying. No harm in clearing that up here. I'm sure most members won't read the post anyways and could care less about the benefits of NSAIDs in the recovery process for tendon and ligament injuries.
Yeah it's probably actually quite interesting to a lot of people :D

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
His ALC could have been completely fine and still rupture when your leg is blocked and you take such a tackle.

Its the main downside from beeing that low fat%
Yeah I'm a skinny dude and tore my ACL during a match about two years ago when my knee over extended after a push from the back by an opponent.

I even had decent level of strength in my legs (around 110-120 kg in squat) back then but very low body fat.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I was having a conversation with some people, that guy misread something and attacked me, so i made several posts trying to make him understand

You see, first ligaments and later tendons have been my key weakness my entire life, and i'm having to work my way around it.

I've adressed the problematic tendons mostly. But the brachioradialis tendon and triceps tendon for both arms remain the main issue. Tricep and bicep isolation to increase muscle mass and frequent use of voltare gel as local NSAID have significantly aided the issue, but it still returned about 2 weeks ago, when all 4 tendons went into accute inflammation at the end of my contest preparation.

Still, at the competition yesterday, i managed a new personal record of 175kg, with a good amount of progress to work towards. 2 grams of ibuprofene each day kept the inflammation from going to actual tendinitis, while still lifting up to 85% for reps.

Yeah, it will be a cold day in hell before i'm going to allow anyone to question the recovery aid of NSAID's in tendon inflammation.
It's a "pleasure" to read how you en light everyone about everything about ligaments like a surgeon with 25 years of experience.Nobody argues or misunderstands with you that Ibuprofene can and is used for healing inflammation .What I didn't understand here about that?Don't try to be a smart ass and call other members to try to support you on that matter.Nobody argues with you about this.It's a common and widely accepted medicine.And a medicine for healing only the inflammation.
The thing is that you can't use Ibuprofene without, first, having a surgical intervention on a ligament.You never mention surgical intervention in your first post but just endlessly explaining "mighty" Ibuprofene effects.Now as always ,you are trying to write million posts to explain what you" mean".
Anyway I am too sad about Claudio to argue with you what you or what you didn't wrote.My point is that you can't use your medicine in this case BEFORE having a surgical treatment.That's all.
Think whatever you want and pump weight as much as you want .
This thing stops here.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
How much do mangos cost there? Also do you know where they are from?
Varies, between 20 to 23kr, which is around little more then 2 dollars. The fresh fruit, or frozen kind to make smoothies, or just buying mango drinks/juices, which tend to be mainly from middle eastern stores here who mainly get them from Egypt on the drinks juices part. The fruit itself is generally exported from Mexico, Brasil or India most of the time I think.

Edit: Checked my grocery stores website, these are the countries they get the mango from during a year: Spanien, Israel, Peru, Brasilien, Sydafrika, Elfenbenskusten, Kenya, Colombia, Malaysia, Turkiet, Chile, USA, Thailand, Dominikanska Republiken, Ecuador, Indien, Mexico och Iran.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
How much do mangos cost there? Also do you know where they are from?
I just started growing a couple guava trees here on Vancouver Island. Apparently there's a type that can grow here now we've jumped a couple zones in the last 40 years! I have a few citrus trees too. Lemon, lime, and a mandarin.

Mangos are next! :D

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
What a loss for Juve and even more so for the Azzurri!

The likes of Lemina, Hernanes and Peryera can only fill the gap for the remainder of this season, but for half of next season (at least) we'd need an experienced midfielder who can operate the same way Marchisio does.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Worse than Asa's injury. Will take 6 months at least to recover+rehab from. Its actually better to break a bone than tear a ligament as per what some orthopaedic surgeons say. Because unlike bone, the there is very limited/poor vascular supply to ligaments which makes healing a lot slower. Standard treatment of choice is knee reconstruction, where they remove a small portion of the middle of your patella (most common choice) to use as a graft, they then graft this to the ligament ends. Normally there is a period of perhaps 6-8 weeks of not bearing any weight on the injured leg. Healing depends on a person to person basis. What prolongs athletes getting back to action is the time they need for rehab. Due to inactivity there is muscle dystrophy on the injured leg and what you will normally see in people who have had knee reconstruction done is for one leg to be noticeably skinnier/no muscle tone compared to the good leg. Now for Everyday joe's this isn't much of a big deal given time. For athletes like Marchisio they will need specialized strengthening/rehab regimes desingned for them. After that you have to get his stamina et al, in peak condition for professional football. Whats important is that he isn't rushed to action to soon and let him take all the time he needs, otherwise there is a risk of the reconstructed knee rupturing again.

There are some new methods that are meant to assist with improved recovery times for knee injuries. Someone mentioned plasma enriched therapy, which improves supply of blood to the knee, though I think these are mainly used in meniscus injuries, most high profile athlete Incan think of who underwent this was Kobe Bryant a few years back when he injured his meniscus. There are also some new methods being trialed including one where a blood enriched sponge type material is injected into the knee which helps the torn ligament ends heal, but I dont think there has been much studies conducted on this type of method to compare its efficacy vs. Standard knee reconstruction which is normally the gold standard.

On the beight side, if you look at someone like Roberto Baggio who $#@!ed his knee up worse during his time in Fiorentina, in an era where medical science was less refines, it never stopoed him from being one of the all time greats. Obviously there are cases like Ronaldo's where he was robbed of much of the physical gifts which made him unplayable (still enjoyed an all time great career mind you), but Marchisio was never this type of player anyway.

Get Marchissio as much time as he needs to get better. Beppe meanwhile to sign some one who can cover cm in the summer.
Excellent post.:tup:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Okay.. who are the established players out there that can take his spot?

I can think of:

Verratti (impossible to sign)
Pjanic (Impossible if Radja leaves to Chelsea)
Kroos (almost impossible)
Modric (impossible)
Alonso (doable but could be dead in a year and certainly lacks the fitness to be consistently in our starting 11)
Fabregas (doable if he is not in Conte's plans)
Kovacic (Doable but might not be good enough yet)
Moutinho (Doable but i dont know if he is still good)
Xhaka (expensive, heavy links to arsenal, and I dont know if he is a distributor)
Illaramendi (doable and might not be good enough)
Witsel (dont know if he is good enough but seems doable)
Montolivo :snoop:
Pirlo (in my dreams)

I'd personally go for Kovacic (loan + option ideally) and Alonso (1 year contract on a bosman). If Kovacic turns out good then great if not then we have an experienced alonso and a youngster in lemina to try out.

Alternatively we go all in on a CAM and use the 4-3-1-2 where the DM does not have to be a master distributor. A ball winner like Asamoah and possibly lemina can be sufficient to fill the gap. That would be my last resort though since 3-5-2 is our standard go to formation and its good to have two formations available anyway. We were one midfield signing away from having a great midfield fuck this luck :cry:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Moutinho (Doable but i dont know if he is still good)
i watched a couple of monaco games this year, and he wasn't too convincing. also, he recently had an other ankle injury, a second one this season. he was on my wishlist last summer, now i'd consider him a risky signing. i mean too risky. more risky than khedira for free. still, if we could be absolutely sure that marchisio would return to full fitness, we could take a gamble with moutinho.

i also have my concerns over kovacic. he's a huge talent, but he's been too inconsistent throughout his career at both :inter: and real.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
We are in a tough spot after Claudio injury, our biggest concern should be not when he comes back, but will he come back and will he be the same player. Marotta and Allegri have some thinking to do.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We are in a tough spot after Claudio injury, our biggest concern should be not when he comes back, but will he come back and will he be the same player. Marotta and Allegri have some thinking to do.
Well these are two very big concerns. He could be finished as a WC footballer in general and we now have an even bigger gaping hole in midfield with no registas at all at least for until November. I think we should treat him as a goner and then if he does recover in 6-8 months and regains some good form then he'd be like an extra new bonus signing. I am sure he will have little trouble getting back into the team if he returns in the same shape as before his injury.

We should pretend we sold him. Thats why I am thinking getting Alonso and Kovacic would not be bad. The spaniard is a short term solution and a plan B if Kova turns out to be poor. We can't afford established marchisio level CMs in this market when all the rich clubs are on shopping sprees. We also can't risk someone completely inexperienced to be our main guy. The closest thing to guaranteed immediate quality are seasoned veterans and not-too-young players that are one step away from becoming top players.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)