Claudio Marchisio (48 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
He was right... NSAID's like ibuprofen do help speed up the recovery process in ligament and tendon injuries... They keep inflammation down in the surrounding tissue after injury, and after surgery, allowing the body's natural healing process to function better.

Obviously, you are right in saying they don't heal the injury themselves, but Zach didn't say that or imply it... I think you just misinterpreted what he was trying to say. Not really a big deal, either way.
Yeah, that's what conventional science has said till now. On the other hand we always see inflammation and one has to wonder whether it might be part of the recovery process.

In any case I don't entirely agree with people who say ACL tears are completely unpredictable. You often see that athletes have faced smaller injuries right before the ACL tear. Often these are recurring muscle strains or even other injuries to the knee joint. Marchisio has faced several injuries the last two years and as recently as last year he was actually thought to have sustained an ACL tear already. I'm not saying Juventus could have done much to prevent it though, it still mostly boils down to bad luck.

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
I did a hyper agressive approach and I was able to play for the first time after 8th months of recovery. Professional athletes are usually rushed to come back in 6 to 8 months after surgery. It's a fucking slow process and one of the most difficult things I've overwhelmed in my life. One thing is true though, never mind the operation technique or surgeon that operates, each person's rehabilitation is completely different and depends on so many varieties. Fingers crossed for the dude to be all right.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yeah, that's what conventional science has said till now. On the other hand we always see inflammation and one has to wonder whether it might be part of the recovery process.

In any case I don't entirely agree with people who say ACL tears are completely unpredictable. You often see that athletes have faced smaller injuries right before the ACL tear. Often these are recurring muscle strains or even other injuries to the knee joint. Marchisio has faced several injuries the last two years and as recently as last year he was actually thought to have sustained an ACL tear already. I'm not saying Juventus could have done much to prevent it though, it still mostly boils down to bad luck.
As i've explained in the spoiler of the post PI was referring to, which you didnt read.

Inflammation is a side effect of the first phase of the recovery. The problem is that it slows down the natural healing/recovering proces. Quite greatly when its an injury. NSAID's are given to hold down the inflammation so the natural recovery system can function to optimal speed.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
As i've explained in the spoiler of the post PI was referring to, which you didnt read.

Inflammation is a side effect of the first phase of the recovery. The problem is that it slows down the natural healing/recovering proces. Quite greatly when its an injury. NSAID's are given to hold down the inflammation so the natural recovery system can function to optimal speed.
I did read it and I understood what you meant. But that was still my response to it.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Realistically, I would not expect him back before January. 6 months recovery is unrealistic, it doesn't work. 8 months is still pushing it. I wouldn't count on much from him next year. Maybe he can be a contributor in March/April.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I dont get why you said it that way then. Do i need to explain it into higher detail ? I tought i'd not go into it too deep
No. I understand what you're saying and I think you'll find a lot of professionals will agree with you. But the question in my mind is why the body would respond to injury with inflammation. Because the healing response with everything else is immediate.

Again, not saying I disagree, just that more research is needed imo.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That's super flawed logic. People didn't recover from injuries in the past, couldn't train as hard or as often, died or lost limbs because of minor injuries due to things like infection...

You can say more research is needed to determine just how efficacious modern methods are, but you are underestimating just how much research has already been done on these sorts of things.

The body's natural healing processes are aided by all sorts of drugs, synthetic and natural. Reducing inflammation has been shown in many many studios to be very beneficial in recovering from injuries.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
That's super flawed logic. People didn't recover from injuries in the past, couldn't train as hard or as often, died or lost limbs because of minor injuries due to things like infection...

You can say more research is needed to determine just how efficacious modern methods are, but you are underestimating just how much research has already been done on these sorts of things.

The body's natural healing processes are aided by all sorts of drugs, synthetic and natural. Reducing inflammation has been shown in many many studios to be very beneficial in recovering from injuries.
It's not. I'm not saying the acl will heal on its own or that certain medicine can't speed up recovery. But we both know there is still much research to be done as to why inflammation occurs in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 42)