Claudio Marchisio (94 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Yeah. What Italy had going for them was Marchisio and Verratti. One is ruled out already the other might soon be too. That leaves them with a world class defense, but a mediocre midfield and weak attack. Might not even survive the group.
Yeah I mean with everyone fit I could easily imagine them going very far (they could still go out in the group stages too because let's face it, Italy are kinda hit or miss).

Now it's looking very very bleak for them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
The only thing I see here:
$Image1461007012.222085.jpg
I understand your point. But both my parents are doctors and they often have different views on injuries. If anything it has taught me that doctors do not know everything either.

Also you must consider that what matters in the end is how well you function. An orthopaedic surgeon might know a hell of a lot more about the knee than a physical therapist, but he's also very likely to opt for surgery way too fast (it's his job) and with little regard for the functional outcome. Surgery will be important in Marchisio's case, but after that the doctor's advice is not always necessarily best and.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
But the question in my mind is why the body would respond to injury with inflammation.
The first step of recovery form workout (microtear) or injury (macrotear) is 'cleaning up' the damaged tissue. This causes the inflammation. Its a part of the proces.

First the Macrophagues will arrive and start to digest pathogens (not applicable) or larger tissue debris. They excrete what they digest, and some of the excrements, are activators for the inflammatory response :

- Histamine and bradykinine. Both are vasodialators which will keep the blood vessels open and draw more blood to the damaged region. This is so that helpfull cells and nutrients can move towards the area more quickly.
This is what causes the redness and increased warmth, size of the tissue is unchanged

- As a consequence of the vasodialators, more moisture will be drawn into the veigns, but because of the increased permeability as a result of vasodialation, proteins will also enter the area. This causes an increase of dissolved substances, which will draw more moisture. (see principle of osmosis). this is what causes the swelling

- next part is the WBC's entering the area to aid the macrophague's in cleaning up the debris. Mostly fagocytes and neutrophils.

That was phase 1 as described in the spoiler. Phase 2 is when tissue is generated and deposited onto the wound, and phase 3 will be alteration of the deposits into usable tissue.

The inflammation as you can see is completely natural, but it hinders the healing proces.

Note : The inflammatory response during recovery from microtrauma, is managable for a while, untill it accumulates too much, and goes into accute onset inflammation. You take ibuprofene for example to keep your inflammation from becomming acute (at which point it will seriously decrease performance and the healing proces).
With macrotrauma trough injury, the inflammation response is so large due to the exceptional amount of activators secreted, that its immediatly accute.
@Seven

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)