Claudio Marchisio (15 Viewers)

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
He's invisible again, but in a good way now.

Like the invisible hand of the illuminati guiding the affairs of men, Claudio is there on the pitch making our entire gameplan work well enough to win us games.

Irreplacable.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
What I meant to say is Juve never promoted individuals the way Madrid does, the team is above everything else.

Of course we had stars like Zidane in our team, but guys like Zambrotta were present in every Juve team and were important. Today you have Pogba and Morata but the team wouldn't function without modest professionals like Lichtsteiner, Barzagli etc.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What I meant to say is Juve never promoted individuals the way Madrid does, the team is above everything else.

Of course we had stars like Zidane in our team, but guys like Zambrotta were present in every Juve team and were important. Today you have Pogba and Morata but the team wouldn't function without modest professionals like Lichtsteiner, Barzagli etc.
You could also say that Barca did have guys like Messi & Neymar, but the team couldn't function without Busquets or Alves. Juve had their fair share of star studded teams, as much as any top team.

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
Juve makes players into stars, but the team's philosophy favours grinta over fancy and also we don't rely on expensive buys to make a team.

Also, Busquets and Alves are both technically very good players unlike Sturaro or Padoin for example. Even in our best eleven you have Chiellini and Licht who are technically limited but good enough in what they do so they can play at the top level.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Zidane, Del piero, Davids, Dechamps, Inzaghi, Conte, ferrara, who are they

Buffon, Cannavaro, thuram, Emerson, Vieira, Nedved, Zlatan ibrahimovic, Del Piero, Trezeguet, Camoranesi, Zambrotta

Its not like half the 2006 world cup finalists came from juventus or anything

Seriously..

rndmlgnd

Oct 29, 2015
Yes but many of those players became stars in Juventus, they were not brought as an already established globally familiar name.

Pirlo was a star before Juve, as was Tevez. But Vidal wasn't. Get my point now?

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Juventus want to win it all
By Football Italia staff

Juventus’ Claudio Marchisio can’t choose between the Champions League and the Scudetto - “I’d prefer both…”

The Bianconeri have won Serie A for four seasons in a row, but suffered European heartbreak last season, losing in the Champions League final to Barcelona.

“We know that it’s difficult to win everything in one year,” Marchisio admitted, speaking to JTV.

“Not just for Juve, for any club. So I wouldn’t submit to agreements, as long as there’s a chance I play for everything.

“It’s normal that as you go forward you adjust to the targets you can get. But I’d never submit to an agreement to choose one thing or another.

“I’d prefer both.”

The Old Lady have already secured a place in the Last 16 of the Champions League, so will they still be going all-out to beat Sevilla on Tuesday?

“Of course, just like in every game. You always want to go onto the pitch to try and win, because in addition to the game itself, we always want to win, like I said earlier.

“And of course we want to finish first in the group, though it’s true that after getting through the group any team we face will definitely be difficult.

“That said, finishing first and meeting a runner-up could definitely help. But the group is difficult, as are all Champions League matches.

“Our approach to the game in Seville will be like all the others, to win and finish first in the group.”

Aside from a loan spell at Empoli, the 29-year-old has spent his entire career with Juventus, and discussed his status as a symbol of the club.

“Thank you for that nice and interesting question,” Marchisio replied when asked about his status.

“Sometimes I think about it when I wake up in the morning, when I find myself in a great stadium, I think that this was my childhood dream, and it’s a dream I’m still living.

“Even now though, I have to work to improve more and more. I always live life like a dream, because if I do that it’s easier to find the positive energy to move forward and improve.

“I can find something extra to give, not just for myself but for my teammates.

“You can talk about humility, and all the great things you can have in terms of temperament, but I was lucky enough to have those things instilled in me by my family as a child, and also by the club from the first steps that I took here at Juventus.

“That’s how it should be, to have responsibilities since childhood. It’s not just you, but the club that you’re representing.

“Because at Juventus, from when you’re a child to when you become a footballer, you’re representing them in Italy and the world, in front of the many fans who follow us.

“It’s right to have people with Juventino DNA.”
Marchisio: 'Comeback not complete’
By Football Italia staff

Claudio Marchisio praises Juventus’ “pride and commitment” but warns “the comeback is not complete”.

The Bianconeri endured a poor start to the defence of their title, but have now won four Serie A games in a row and climbed to fifth.

“The comeback is not complete,” Marchisio cautioned, speaking to JTV.

“To fight for the Scudetto there are still a lot of games for us and our opponents, the season is still long.

“Certainly the pride and commitment that we’ve shown, especially in the last month, is right for Juventus, that of a great team.

“At least in the last month we’ve found consistency, which is what we were missing, because there were excellent performances even in that [bad] period we had, but we weren’t getting wins one-after-another.

“It was a difficult start, because after four years… or actually you could say three, because for the first Scudetto [in 2012] there was a title race, because there was a point where Milan passed us and we had to get back up there.

“So in the last three years we’ve always had incredible starts, and we were always looking to see who could recover. Now it’s totally the opposite.

“So it was a new situation for everyone. Not just for us, but for the fans and for the whole place.

“But that should give us a lot of strength and energy to to continue as we have been in this last period, because the season is still long.”

Marchisio was then asked to assess the chances of the Old Lady climbing back to the top of the table.

“I’ll say again, it’s early. Also, those above us are having a great campaign, they’re playing really well and proving that they’re great teams who will fight until the end.

“We definitely got used to winning, but we’re behind now, and as I said before we’ll have to put a lot more in than we’ve done in recent years.

“So it’ll be difficult, but it’s always a goal for us.”
:heart: @AlexJuventino

how can you not love him?

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
This guy is amazing. He could be talking how incredible juve have become so depending of him. He played 11 times this season, 7 wins and 4 draws... I love him so much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)