[CL] Real Madrid - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
no thuram can run pass throw every def, he can even dribble thuram, one of the very few in the world,
the best solution is to cut him off the ball, put a man(tachi) on him playing man to man all along, keep the pressure on him izolate him from the balls taken and reduce his magic passes

Aug 26, 2003
Nedved’s Condition Worries Juve
2/24/2005 4:43:00 PM
The Czech player risks of missing out on the Champions League second leg match against Real Madrid.
Pavel Nedved head injury, which occurred during the first half of the match against Real Madrid on Tuesday night, might be more serious than expected.

The Juventus midfielder is still hoping to recover in time for the all-important second leg encounter against the Spanish giants, but the chances of seeing him on the pitch on the 9th of March are minimal.

A similar incident occurred to another Juve player in 2002 when Marco Di Vaio collided with O’Brien and lost his senses. He was back with the team two weeks later. In Nedved’s case it would be too late…

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
. When I look at ManU (Ronaldo, rooney) and Milan (Kaka) then I get angry. you can´t tell me that olivera and kapo are so good like these young players.
what did your higly rated rooney and ronaldo do last night even kaka was poor giving away a lot of possession and squandering a few late changes when a simple pass would have set up a goal, yes indeed all 3 have played some great matches but kapo and oliveria have never been given an extended first team run like these players to settle in and produce to thier potential, kapo was good at auxerre, give them time, but you cant throw them in at the deep end and expect them to deliver.

also people here are talking up milan and barca, yes milan played quite well but never really threatened uniteds goal bar the goalkeeping error and seedorfs freekick while scholes and fortune missed to great chances,and on barca yes
they attacked wave after wave but they would not have won if drogba had not been harshly sent off also chelsea will be delighted to have an away goal and i think they will progress at stamford bridge.

dislike capello or not he is a smart man he will know what needs to be done to get through and we will provided nedved returns to full health,once we score first real we crumble and think oh no not again the old lady is strong and resiliant who cares if she is not the most attractive she will suceed.

forza juve

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
Kapo has alot of potential, but omg, we don't throw him straight away into the lion's den against Real do we?

Oliveria deserves to start if Nedved is out. The only downfall about him was he kept falling down against Real. I'm sure he'll be more familiar in the Delle Alpi pitch. If not we can ship him back to Uruguay.

Against Real, our weak links were:

Zebina - he really needs to work on his distribution. And he isn't a Roma player anymore so I don't understand why he has to use their dirty tactics.

Midfield - granted, Camo was ok and so was Emo with a few shooting chances but the whole midfield was not playing in cohesion. It was just 4 individuals doing their own thing. We need to work harder in the centre and we need more off the ball running from the midfielders to provide options. No wonder we can't create decent chances -.-

I won't really put much blame on DP and Zlatan because they never really got the ball. But it was just plain frustrating to see crosses going to DP. I mean hey, you got Zlata who's one tall motherfarker and you're crossin the ball to DP. Doesn't make much sense.

Hope Juve do well in the return leg but one thing for sure is we're luck to get away with 1-0 in Spain. We don't deserve to win the champs league if we play like that.

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
"Hope Juve do well in the return leg but one thing for sure is we're luck to get away with 1-0 in Spain. We don't deserve to win the champs league if we play like that."

True...:sad:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I do have a very radical team in my mind to play Real in the second leg, I aint no coach and this might be utter bollocks but from the squad of players we have this is the best I can come up with.
We need to win by 2 clear goals which is a big ask from a team who have not beaten anyone by that margin in a very long time, let alone Real madrid

In my mind we have to attack and forget about the great individuals we are meeting and even if we go out at leats it will be in a blaze of glory

Never in a million years , will Capello use this team but I will, it will not be to everyones taste and some ppl might think I am on drugs but its what I feel.

I do not think Tacchinardi or Appiah are good enough if you wanna go out and beat a team and I dont feel Emerson helps a great deal as an attacking force so I will put him as the only holding m/f and pair him with Nedved

I dont rate Oliveira at all and I think kapo has not played enuff at this level to just put him in there

As I feel we need to score and not hold up play and show unnecessary skills , i would go for Dp and Trez as playing all 3 of them is a no brainer for me, with the strictest instruction to Dp, PLEASE STAY CLOSE TO tREZ, any time I see him in our own half, I will not hesistate to substitute him for Zlatan.

I have not picked Zlatan because he is not direct enough for me and Real do have a strong defence, so no point in having a forward who likes to complicate things , just go for the jugular and of cos he can always come in if things are not going well

I will drop Zebina as he is a liability and i am sure referee who missed the incidents with Raul and when Samuel hit the bar, Zebina was just holding onto Samuel l(ike they were reminescing about old times at Roma,)would look at those incidents and maybe punish him the next time.

So i will go completely radical and play Zambrotta at right back so he and Camoranesi can push Zidane and Carlos backwards instead of the otherway round and play Pessotto at left back

Surprisingly, I will play Zalayeta, yes him, at left wing , as he has good pace and power and to me he is better there than say , Oliveira and to be fair nobody else in our team springs to mind and he is no striker but he can upset madrid by bruising them a bit.

Buffon

Zambrotta Thuram Cannavaro Pessotto

Camoranesi Emerson Nedved Zalayeta

Trez Dp

I am sure some will go, "but that will leave us exposed and Zalayeta cannot play there" but I will say we need to win and win well, so we might as well go 4 it and also noone in the squad as yet has impressed in that role.
More importantly sometimes against teams that love to play silky football, you need your rugged Zalayetas to ruffle them up

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Mine is better, and more radical ;)

-------Zlatan Trezeguet------

----------Camoranesi------------

Kapo Nedved Emerson Zambrotta

----Ferrara Cannavaro Thuram----

----------Buffon----------

How's that for attacking?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
@denco: I can't say that I think that team would see us beat Real although I do think that Zalayeta's power could come in useful.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Mine is better, and more radical ;)

-------Zlatan Trezeguet------

----------Camoranesi------------

Kapo Nedved Emerson Zambrotta

----Ferrara Cannavaro Thuram----

----------Buffon----------

How's that for attacking?
How is that better? With that team we would certainly concede an away goal making it game, set and match to Madrid. This is real life, Zlatan, not Football Manager.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eire ] ++

dislike capello or not he is a smart man he will know what needs to be done to get through and we will provided nedved returns to full health,once we score first real we crumble and think oh no not again the old lady is strong and resiliant who cares if she is not the most attractive she will suceed.

forza juve

FORZA JUVENTUS!!!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I really do not like the prospect of putting the Zlatan on the bench. If Capello would do that we would not be able to hold onto the ball for extended periods of time as nobody on our team can hold the ball up like Zlatan. Furthermore we need a strong player to work on Samuel and Helguera at the back, and we all know Del Piero will not be able to do this task.

What we need to do is pressure Real for as long as possible,forcing them to play defense. We need to trap them in their own half, much like I saw Osasuna do a couple weeks ago, totally out playing Real in the first half. Osasuna basically kept Madrid in their own half by pressuring Real into making mistakes and clogging up the middle of the pitch so that there were no outlet passes.

I would use something like this:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Emerson - Tacchinardi

Camoranesi -Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

Trezeguet

AT least this system would pressure Real's backline and probably create some more chances than the usualy4-4-2. If we want to win this match we cannot play predictable football, like that of the formation Capello has usually fielded. We need to get Camoranesi involved because I see him as the key to this match; we need his creativity and service.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Blasi is suspended and Nedved hasn't been ruled out yet. I want to see:

Buffon
Zebina Thuram Cannavaro Zambrotta
Camoranesi Emerson Nedved
Ibrahimovic Del Piero
Trezeguet

The key to beating Real is to take the game to them. We have to attack in waves and limit their time on the ball therefore not letting them get into their stride. If we take the lead we can't stop there as I fear Capello might do. We have to keep the pressure on.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's right, I forgot Blasi is suspended. I guess that means Tacchinardi comes in, however I might be tempted to play Camoranesi along with Emerson in the center.

If Nedved is available that would certainly help or cause, and I would field something like this.

Buffon

Camoranesi - Emerson

Ibrahimovic - Nedved - Del Piero

Trezeguet

Of course Camoranesi would be a liability, but he would do more for us than Tacchinardi and certainly Appiah.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
That's right, I forgot Blasi is suspended. I guess that means Tacchinardi comes in, however I might be tempted to play Camoranesi along with Emerson in the center.

If Nedved is available that would certainly help or cause, and I would field something like this.

Buffon

Camoranesi - Emerson

Ibrahimovic - Nedved - Del Piero

Trezeguet

Of course Camoranesi would be a liability, but he would do more for us than Tacchinardi and certainly Appiah.
Our teams consist of the same players but I think mine is a bit more stable, a bit more balanced. With Camoranesi, Emerson and Nedved across midfield we've got a holding midfielder and two wide players who have proven that they are capable of playing in the centre as well. Zambrotta would have a lot of space down the left flank in both formations which I think is key. My team would set up like Milan did last night except Camo and Zlatan would attack a lot more than Gattuso and Rui Costa did.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

How is that better? With that team we would certainly concede an away goal making it game, set and match to Madrid. This is real life, Zlatan, not Football Manager.

Maybe we would, maybe we wouldnt, but his formation goes in line with my theory that in order to win we have to take the game to them, make them defend for the full 90 minutes, and not let them come off their half.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)