[CL] Real Madrid - Juventus (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Maybe we would, maybe we wouldnt, but his formation goes in line with my theory that in order to win we have to take the game to them, make them defend for the full 90 minutes, and not let them come off their half.
But his formation is better defensively and though what we need to do is score goals you have completely disregarded defending by playing a back three and Kapo as a wide player in your midfield.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Our teams consist of the same players but I think mine is a bit more stable, a bit more balanced. With Camoranesi, Emerson and Nedved across midfield we've got a holding midfielder and two wide players who have proven that they are capable of playing in the centre as well. Zambrotta would have a lot of space down the left flank in both formations which I think is key. My team would set up like Milan did last night except Camo and Zlatan would attack a lot more than Gattuso and Rui Costa did.
I actually like mine better for the fact that Nedved would get free-roam behind Trezeguet, something that would help our cause greatly. In your system Nedved would have to back-track a bit too much for my liking and he would not have the freedom to roam as in my formation. Camoranesi would be able to burst through the center of the pitch and send in lofted balls into the box to Trezeguet of Zlatan is need be. We need Nedved and Camoranesi to be involved in the match, and this is the best way possible to get them going IMO.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I actually like mine better for the fact that Nedved would get free-roam behind Trezeguet, something that would help our cause greatly. In your system Nedved would have to back-track a bit too much for my liking and he would not have the freedom to roam as in my formation. Camoranesi would be able to burst through the center of the pitch and send in lofted balls into the box to Trezeguet of Zlatan is need be. We need Nedved and Camoranesi to be involved in the match, and this is the best way possible to get them going IMO.
I would allow Nedved a lot of freedom in my formation too. He would be allowed the luxury of tucking inside, drifting wide or pushing up because DP would come wide left sometimes. Either would work pretty well I think.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I really do not like the prospect of putting the Zlatan on the bench. If Capello would do that we would not be able to hold onto the ball for extended periods of time as nobody on our team can hold the ball up like Zlatan. Furthermore we need a strong player to work on Samuel and Helguera at the back, and we all know Del Piero will not be able to do this task.

What we need to do is pressure Real for as long as possible,forcing them to play defense. We need to trap them in their own half, much like I saw Osasuna do a couple weeks ago, totally out playing Real in the first half. Osasuna basically kept Madrid in their own half by pressuring Real into making mistakes and clogging up the middle of the pitch so that there were no outlet passes.

I would use something like this:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Emerson - Tacchinardi

Camoranesi -Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

Trezeguet

AT least this system would pressure Real's backline and probably create some more chances than the usualy4-4-2. If we want to win this match we cannot play predictable football, like that of the formation Capello has usually fielded. We need to get Camoranesi involved because I see him as the key to this match; we need his creativity and service.
Zlatan should hold the ball up for whom? How many timjes ahve you watched Juve this season and how many players apart from Nedved can break through from midfield to shoot and Helguera and Samuel would be worried by people coming at them not players holding up play

I am totally against playing all 3 strikers at once, in fact I do not mind starting Zlatan ahead of Dp but not all 3 as Dp is not useful at all behind the strikers and especially not in a big game like this.

With real, u have to go at them and I am not 1 for 2 holding midfielders as you are not very likely to score 2 goals with that kind of team

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Zlatan should hold the ball up for whom? How many timjes ahve you watched Juve this season and how many players apart from Nedved can break through from midfield to shoot and Helguera and Samuel would be worried by people coming at them not players holding up play
That's the thing, apart from Nedved we do not really have players to run with the ball at opposing backlines. However if Nedved is fit I would give him a free role behind Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic, and move Camoranesi to the center like I decided in the second formation I posted.

With real, u have to go at them and I am not 1 for 2 holding midfielders as you are not very likely to score 2 goals with that kind of team
We must go at them, that's for sure. I think my second formation seems to be a good fit, and the only holding midfielder we would have is Emerson, with Camoranesi being able to move forward on the right. The thing is that we are almost forced to play with three forwards on the pitch because players like Olivera and Kapo are not ready to play for us yet.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

then we should just not hope on anything

because on the last game juve without neddy was like a headless chicken
Amen,,,

if nedved doesnt play,,,dont bother doing line ups... cz we are much as dead

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
okay, if nedved and Trez isnt available, we should play like this:

---Del Piero--Zlatan/Zalayeta
------------Olivera
Zambro-Tacchi-Emerson-Camo
Montero-Cannavaro-Thuram
------------Buffon

or something :)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I really do not like the prospect of putting the Zlatan on the bench. If Capello would do that we would not be able to hold onto the ball for extended periods of time as nobody on our team can hold the ball up like Zlatan. Furthermore we need a strong player to work on Samuel and Helguera at the back, and we all know Del Piero will not be able to do this task.

What we need to do is pressure Real for as long as possible,forcing them to play defense. We need to trap them in their own half, much like I saw Osasuna do a couple weeks ago, totally out playing Real in the first half. Osasuna basically kept Madrid in their own half by pressuring Real into making mistakes and clogging up the middle of the pitch so that there were no outlet passes.

I would use something like this:

Buffon

Zebina - Thuram - Cannavaro - Zambrotta

Emerson - Tacchinardi

Camoranesi -Ibrahimovic - Del Piero

Trezeguet

AT least this system would pressure Real's backline and probably create some more chances than the usualy4-4-2. If we want to win this match we cannot play predictable football, like that of the formation Capello has usually fielded. We need to get Camoranesi involved because I see him as the key to this match; we need his creativity and service.
I agree with that formation....Tacchi should start and play man to man on Zidane....

Ibra and Dp should be behind Trezeguet.....

Juve_The_Best

Nov 18, 2004
The problem that we always connect our Victory in every match by Nedved's participation !!!

does Juve Depends on 1 player only.. This is The question ?

i guess we are wrong by saying *** oooh he is not playing ***

we should just focus on the others and give them some attention if we think that we are Juve Not nedved only !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)