[CL] Porto 0-2 JUVENTUS [22nd February, 2017] (6 Viewers)

vote

• Khedira

• Dybala

• Alex Sandro

• Dani Alves

• Pjaca

• Lichtsteiner

• Pjanic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
One of the easiest CL knock-outs I've seen us play. Even before the red they looked like they were very tepid. If anything it made the game a bit too easy for us and we went into our languid style and started to do just enough. The Pjaca goal was a nice break and came when we needed it, otherwise we were risking a panic at 0-0 and that game was always there for the taking.

When Pjaca and Dani Alves score I suppose you know things were always going to go well for you on the night. The game also meant that the Bonucci furore turned into absolutely zero in the end. I think I could have played in defence for Juve tonight.
You could have played in goal too - all you need is a cup of tea and a blanket to keep you warm..

Buy on AliExpress.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
One of the easiest CL knock-outs I've seen us play. Even before the red they looked like they were very tepid. If anything it made the game a bit too easy for us and we went into our languid style and started to do just enough. The Pjaca goal was a nice break and came when we needed it, otherwise we were risking a panic at 0-0 and that game was always there for the taking.

When Pjaca and Dani Alves score I suppose you know things were always going to go well for you on the night. The game also meant that the Bonucci furore turned into absolutely zero in the end. I think I could have played in defence for Juve tonight.
I think with Bonucci on the field we will see a much better Juve in Europe with this setup.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Dani Alves has been pretty clutch offensively in the Champions League: Scored 2, assisted 2 and I think he caused at least 1 own goal for the opposition this season. A machine going forward.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Don't you think taking out their best player was also a terrible decision?
I have no idea who their best player is. I guess you mean that kid-attacker who was subbed first. My commentators were also wondering why, even if it was logical to take off an attacker, the Porto coach took off the faster one instead of the physically stronger and taller one. He probably had his reasons.
It looked, though, that no matter what the Porto coach did after that red, his team was surely losing this match. We are simply better and we had an advantage to play with a player more for 65 minutes.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dani Alves has been pretty clutch offensively in the Champions League: Scored 2, assisted 2 and I think he caused at least 1 own goal for the opposition this season. A machine going forward.
Surprisingly, after 7 CL matches Dani Alves is the player who contributed with most goals than anyone else in Juve. He scored or assisted 4. Higuain and Pjanic have 3 G+A each.
That experience :D

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Grande Juve tonight. Porto was destined to loose tonight but the red just confirmed their loss 100%. We shouldnt carried away but the team really did its job amazingly tonight. A proper champions game. Wasnt happy with Mandzukic though.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh, Mandz was strangely bad, but well all plays went to the other side and the crosses were shid.

it seems him and Cuadrado drop in performance A LOT when we are playing possesion football...because Mandz on the wing is good countering plays when the enemy is in possesion...and cuadrado is good at counters.

of the 2, cuadrado was the bigger letdown....doing stupidities left and right. Mandz was quiet... but Cuads was just bad. Thats why we need a variation like Berardi for this kind of games.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Yeh, Mandz was strangely bad, but well all plays went to the other side and the crosses were shid.

it seems him and Cuadrado drop in performance A LOT when we are playing possesion football...because Mandz on the wing is good countering plays when the enemy is in possesion...and cuadrado is good at counters.

of the 2, cuadrado was the bigger letdown....doing stupidities left and right. Mandz was quiet... but Cuads was just bad. Thats why we need a variation like Berardi for this kind of games.
The play actually went down Mandzu's flank a lot. Alex Sandro threw in a large number of crosses and saw a lot of the ball...

I don't know if it was Allegri's instructions for Mandzu to play more central, but he didn't make himself available for Sandro out wide at all.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Surprisingly, after 7 CL matches Dani Alves is the player who contributed with most goals than anyone else in Juve. He scored or assisted 4. Higuain and Pjanic have 3 G+A each.
That experience :D
And yet a fair few people were ready to move on from him because of some meh games in the league. Guy is class on his day. I agree he can't get too complacent in Serie A though but who gives a fuck if he's clutching in the CL. I personally don't look to our RB to carry us in league games anyway.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
The play actually went down Mandzu's flank a lot. Alex Sandro threw in a large number of crosses and saw a lot of the ball...

I don't know if it was Allegri's instructions for Mandzu to play more central, but he didn't make himself available for Sandro out wide at all.
what do you actually expect from a player like mandzukic to do in the wing other than hold up the ball with his back and heading some balls? he's too slow and sluggish to do anything else in attack, that's why if I were allegri I'd want to experiment with sandro-pjaca-mandzukic on that left wing, mandzukic to hold the ball up, overpowering smaller opposition wing players and flicking the ball to pjaca and sandro who would cause much troubles with their speed and dribble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)